The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Very limited freebie: Kismet (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I mentioned a while ago that there would be a forthcoming companion volume for Mental Die-Mensional which would include further routines to go along with it. The long story short, is that I've gone back and forth with indecisiveness on a number of issues with that project and have decided to release certain routines from it separately.

A very small handful of you have been privy to some of the basics of what Kismet entails, but you haven't seen the finished results. If you were one of the very few who received "Kismet" as a pdf a long time ago, this is not that and shares the same name only. Kismet is something that I have been working on for quite a while to make sure that every little detail is as perfect as it can be. I don't generally wax too enthusiastic over my own work, but this one is extra special and dear to my heart. If you thought Mental Die-Mensional was wonderful, you're going to love this. It's a 'worker'. Smile

Since this will be a commercial release, I'm only going to be sharing a few copies. If you'd like to meet your Kismet, PM me with your email.

Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
In case it wasn't clear, Kismet is a stand-alone piece and doesn't require any knowledge of Mental Die-Mensional whatsoever. The only feature they share, is that they both use a pair of dice. The two effects are worlds apart in nature otherwise.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Sudo,
Sent you a PM
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sounds great .... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
So...I'll share this a little more freely because I absolutely hate the commercial side of this art. But only with those who I feel have been genuine and supportive with me.

For the Chinese Whispers Gang - in the famous words of Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols:

There's no point in asking, you'll get no reply.
I just remembered I don't decide
I got no reason,
It's all too much
You'll always find me...
Out ta lunch!
Don't ask us to attend
Cause we're "not all there"
Oh don't pretend, 'cause I don't care
I don't believe illusions 'cause too much is for real
So stop your cheap comments
Cause we know what we feel
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I like your philosophy.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Can't message you any more Sudo as you're over your allotted DMs
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Full PM inbox Sudo! Hopefully not too late to grab it!
aks
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of aks
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Medifro wrote:
Full PM inbox Sudo! Hopefully not too late to grab it!

Yes, same.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'll be getting the backlog of requests slowly squared away shortly. I had to take a day off to get some important personal matters squared away.

In the meantime, I'll give you a teaser regarding what Kismet is all about. Imagine Max Maven's PrediXion with double the flavour, triple the impact and NONE of the method. Add a small dash of "jazz element" (should you wish to)...and you have Kismet!

Note: Max's routine is NOT taught here as the two share none of the same elements. Just thought I'd get that out of the way before the police show up. I'm simply trying to give an easy description of what the routine can be compared to in terms of 'effect'.
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
SUDO's PM BOX FULLED,HOPE TO LEARN THE EFFECT TOO~
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, sychou wrote:
SUDO's PM BOX FULLED,HOPE TO LEARN THE EFFECT TOO~

Did I not just say.....?

Ever feel like that tiny kid at the beach who's running away crying from a flock of seagulls who are trying to pluck his hot dog away? Smile

Not complaining mind you, I'm happy that there are people who love my work and I enjoy sharing for the spirit of what it is. But it can feel like that sometimes. Smile

"Go go gadget giraffe legs!"
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Sudo, you know from our talks that I LOVE Max's PrediXion, so... I'm definitely in on Kismet! I'll PM you. Are you going to be breaking up everything from that MD sequel into standalone pieces? (Just curious...)
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Sudo - please see my PM - Its part of a bigger project.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Update:

For those who are interested in Kismet, you'll be pleased to know that I have contributed the effect for inclusion in a forthcoming physical book on mental effects utilizing dice that's being put out by Steve Drury. I'm sure he'll likely chime in here with more information about the book and it's release date at some point.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Send me the purchase link.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On May 14, 2019, John C wrote:
Send me the purchase link.

Manners cost nothing...
I've asked to be banned
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
John, there is no link right now as the book is not yet finished. It is my understanding that it will be available fairly soon though as Steve has been working on this volume for quite some time and is now in the final stages of proof-reading/editing. I have zero financial involvement in the project whatsoever.

For what it's worth, I'm also contributing two effects to a new book that's being published by Neal Scryer and Richard Webster. One of the two has remained unpublished until now and is titled As Above, So Below. If you enjoy my work, and are a fan of Scryer's work - and that of his friends, this new book will likely be of great interest to you. My understanding is that it will be somewhat similar to Scryer and Friends, but with a tighter focus. Again, I have no financial involvement with that project either. I am simply honored to be asked to contribute to volumes from peers whose work I admire greatly.

This solution is one that works well for everyone - including me. As much as I have enjoyed sharing here at the Café, it's no secret that I don't always have the capacity to deal with all that comes with it. It's nice (and sometimes a necessary evil) to make a few dollars from your work once in a while, but as I have stated on numerous occasions, money is not my primary motivation.

That said, I do appreciate the enthusiasm, John. I'll keep you updated if you'd like. Steve's site is listed in his signature just a few posts above. I'm fairly certain that this is where his new book will be featured.
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Thanks Sudo. That's the cat out of the bag!

I am a few weeks away now from completing a book entitled Dice Mysteries.
Similar to my other 'mysteries' books it covers a gamut of topics surrrounding the subject, from history to indiginous variations, readings, gambling, and much more. It's likely to be around 600 pages and will be priced to deter the merely curious.
There are indeed some incredible supporting contributions too a similar calibre to my other books.

Please note : I rarely visit the Café, let alome post, so If you would like an update please add your email address to the footer of the page at https://www.mysteryentertainerproducts.com/. All subscribers are sent any pre-release info as a newsletter.
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
Sudo was kind enough to share this with me and although I haven't gone out and tried it yet, on paper it very clever thinking. I particularly enjoy the jazz element of it which makes the whole routine almost impossible to reverse engineer. The presentation is also super engaging and mysterious. Bravo Sudo!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Very limited freebie: Kismet (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL