The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book from Steve Forte (138 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, Scharin wrote:
Any update on the Steve Forte book? Is there a website that we should be keeping an eye on or a mailing list we should be joining to ensure we get a copy when it is released?

No, no, and no.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
Any update now on the project ?
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I look this up on Google every single day (that's how obsessed I am about this project LOL), no update yet. I'm sure we will find out about it pretty soon. Hope there's going to be a pre-order...
chappy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of chappy
The wait will be worthwhile. This book has everything. Smile
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2363 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I'm sure Forte's book will be quite excellent when and if it finally comes out.

However, reading all the posts on this thread about this book's possible debut has gotten me very excited and I don't think I ever had this much fun with my cloths on before. Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1658 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
To update all those interested in the progress of Steve's book.

I've spent the last 2 days and again all day tomorrow at his house cleaning up the final draft with him. We've made some interesting discoveries and had a few laughs all at the same time, but rest assured, these are long writing/editing days. I argue with him over certain sections and I've won some and lost some. He has also gone through this process with over half a dozen other content editors and proofreaders. All of them have done a tremendous job with what is a massive (1000+ pages) book.

We're close. Very close.

Thank you for your patience.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2353 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Thanks for the update Jason. No doubt about the information in those pages.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
jasonffx
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jasonffx
Glad to hear that Jason. I am very excited for Steve’s new book. Hope he can teach something like ruffle cull, 52 move sets and other cool stuff in the book. A video performance and slow motion on the moves would be great as it will help the learning. Can’t wait to preorder. I am not from US but I hope this book is available for international buyers.
ssibal
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Look forward to the pre-order.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Looking forward to the finished product Jason, I know it'll be epic!
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Elite user
i have nothing to say about my
428 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2019, JasonEngland wrote:

I've spent the last 2 days and again all day tomorrow at his house cleaning up the final draft with him. We've made some interesting discoveries and had a few laughs all at the same time, but rest assured, these are long writing/editing days. I argue with him over certain sections and I've won some and lost some. He has also gone through this process with over half a dozen other content editors and proofreaders. All of them have done a tremendous job with what is a massive (1000+ pages) book.

We're close. Very close.

Jason

Jason,

If you could make sure it's this year, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting married next year and I really don't want to have to spend eternity lying to my wife about what the highlight of 2020 was.

Cheers,

Jack
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:

Jason,

If you could make sure it's this year, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting married next year and I really don't want to have to spend eternity lying to my wife about what the highlight of 2020 was.

Cheers,

Jack

And that's how you get it all figured out. Well done.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2019, disgruntledpuffin wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2019, JasonEngland wrote:

We're close. Very close.

Jason

Jason,

Cheers,

Jack

Jack,
This might be my favourite post this year!
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2363 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@JasonEngland:

Hmmm. 1,000 pages. Now that is a BIG book...and maybe a little unwieldy to handle and read?

I was thinking, why not break it down into two or three separate volumes, each volume could probably be specific as to certain subject areas.

Much easier to handle that way and also, with a two or three volume set, each volume could be purchased separately as needed (if each volume was specific to certain subjects).

Just a thought.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1658 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Cag,

It's going to be 2 volumes.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2363 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Thanks Jason, two volumes sounds good.
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
Jason, are all the photos or illustration done ? Is it laid out just going through the final proofread ? Will books be out by years end ?
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1658 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
All photos are done and in place. Layout is 99% done and final proofreading is being accomplished now. Year's end is very likely, barring any unforeseen problems.

Jason
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2353 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Merry Christmas to me!!!!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, tommy wrote:
What odds can I get about it not being out by Chrismas or is it illegal to gamble at this here Gambling Spot?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book from Steve Forte (138 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL