The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Need Help Finding Pellikaan False Count (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Hello,

Can anyone point me to the name or source of the modified Elmsley count used here? It involves pulling the bottom packet out and placing it on top.

https://youtu.be/buKxviE_FnQ

I think I have seen it on one of Mr. Pellikaan's videos but for the life of me cannot find it there or elsewhere.

BTW check out the entire Pellikaan YT channel if you have not already. There are some things in here which will blow your mind even if you are generally tuned in to the methods.

Thanks.
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
Am I missing something? Its just an Elmsley count. He is just moving his right hand more than his left hand, as he peels off the top card.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
859 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Most likely Lybrary.com 👌
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1073 Posts

Profile of Chris
I would say this is his "2 as 4 Count" https://www.lybrary.com/2-as-4-count-p-585519.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I have the material from the great lybrary.com and can't seem to find it. It is not the 2-4 count, which involves just a straight switch of card and packet. IncantoMagic: It involves pulling the bottom packet out and placing it on top. This is a displacement not found in the basic Elmsley. In part that is how the jacks appear in sequence. I believe he is using eight cards in total here.
mlippo
View Profile
Special user
Trieste (Italy)
990 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Could it be an OPEC (Out of Position Elmsley Count)?

Mark
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1073 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, supremefiction wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I have the material from the great lybrary.com and can't seem to find it.

All your purchases at Lybrary.com are archived in your digital shelf. Login, go to the digital shelf, and you will be able to download all your past purchases, even if they were made 20 years ago! Talk about commitment to customer service Smile
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Thanks for trying, people.

Yes, lybrary is great.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

I just tried one last time to figure it out and am giving up.

I noticed in the video Mr. Pellikaan appears to be wearing his pyjamas.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

OK, by putting on my pajamas (and using Excel, no joke) I figured out the count. I will post the solution in the Secret Sessions.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
He is doing the count that Sam Schwartz uses in Back Flip.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Stickmondoo: you nailed it, friend. Very smart! Thanks.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
761 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, supremefiction wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone point me to the name or source of the modified Elmsley count used here? It involves pulling the bottom packet out and placing it on top.

https://youtu.be/buKxviE_FnQ

That's a great little packet effect -- I like it much better than his new "Turn" effect. What's the name of it, and is it available anywhere?
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

So far as I know it is not commercially available. Just called what the title is on youtube.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, Dollarbill wrote:
Most likely Lybrary.com 👌

Hello there that's not the Elmsley count.. its the 2 for 4 count.. He is the Master of counts in my opinion.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Peter is really good with counts -- and with wax -- but he relies heavily on two counts that you don't tend to see a lot. One is the 2 for 4 count, and he makes it look a lot easier than it is. The other is the Taytelbaum count (from Eddy Taytelbaum).
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, CardGuyMike wrote:
Peter is really good with counts -- and with wax -- but he relies heavily on two counts that you don't tend to see a lot. One is the 2 for 4 count, and he makes it look a lot easier than it is. The other is the Taytelbaum count (from Eddy Taytelbaum).

Thanks mike never knew what that 2nd count was..
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
380 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I just purchased Peter’s new effect “Turn” from penguin magic. Great effect if I can get the count down as smoothly as his does it. Explanation video goes over the count just enough to give you a basic idea of the mechanics.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
761 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, John McLaughlin wrote:
I just purchased Peter’s new effect “Turn” from penguin magic. Great effect if I can get the count down as smoothly as his does it. Explanation video goes over the count just enough to give you a basic idea of the mechanics.

In the demo, that first move of the count seems absolutely glaring to me. The rhythm is different, there is a pause, the fingers visibly adjust in an odd way. I wanted to buy it, but I thought, "If that's Peter in the demo, and that's as good as the beginning of the count can look, there's no way I would ever present that to a lay audience." They may not know what exactly was done, but they will sure know something was done.
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
380 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
It’s not Peter in the instructions, I’m guessing Peter is not doing the demo either. I have seen videos of Peter doing the count, and it does look good in his hands.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Need Help Finding Pellikaan False Count (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL