The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » LANCE Burton ON NBC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
The levitation was great...

But I am still against his choice of card "effect". I was bored and not amazed...as well as the many other people that watched it in which I have spoken.

I just feel he could have done a LOT better...he is the "master magician" after all.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 14:17, Astinus wrote:
I just feel he could have done a LOT better...he is the "master magician" after all.

Yes, but not "Master Magician for Magicians."

Chris
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 14:17, Astinus wrote:
The levitation was great...

But I am still against his choice of card "effect". I was bored and not amazed...as well as the many other people that watched it in which I have spoken.

Well when you get on Leno you can do whatever trick you want to.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
It's funny that people mention the Invisible Deck...when he initially started to go into his close-up segment, I thought he was going to do that.

I don't think his choice of effect was that bad, sure he could have chosen something more powerful...but then again, it really seemed to impress the audience.

I've never used that one in a professional situation, but tried it out once during a sales pitch meeting for a show. It got a pretty good reaction and I got the show, so I guess it's just one of those things that depends on the person.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
(Let us not forget that the card trick was just a little something extra for the 'bit.' The main part of the appearance was the Levitation; which was great. I'm sorry if some of you didn't like the card trick, but Leno seemed to like it.)
Believe In Magic....I do!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » LANCE Burton ON NBC (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL