The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Tic Tac Toe Close-Up by Bond Lee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Tic Tac Toe Mini – Bond Lee

Product description: If you like Tic Tac Toe Pro (stage or parlour), you’ll love Tic Tac Toe mini. Basically, the principle is exactly the same but the size is reduced to a 6 cm x 6 cm square with 2 cm x 2 cm tiles. The idea is simple, you play a game of Tic Tac Toe with your spectator, they can play where they want but at the end, it’s a draw. When you turn over the game, there is a picture which is in the perfect order, and people could have played where they wanted. It sounds a bit weird when I’m writing it but go check the teaser, you’ll understand better.

Price and where to buy it: This is sold at $59.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic partner !

What you get: You get a little square cardboard box, with inside quite a few things. You get the plastic plate with magnets inside, you get the 9 tiles with magnets inside too, but they’re provided blank so you have to stick the stickers on (or under) the tiles. You’re also provide with 2 different pictures: Mona Lisa and a 7 of Spades, which you have to stick on the tiles too. A small black velvet bag and a metal plate are also provided. The explanation video is well made by Bond Lee himself but I think he over complicates the method (which is not easy) and there is a way to make it simpler. Overall, the trick is good and works great but need some work.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVKBHFul48

The pros and the cons: Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS:
- You have to place the tiles on the plate, people can just show you where they want to play.
- The outcome will always be the same, unless you change the stickers.

THE PROS:
- I think this is a fresh approach to a magic trick, showing that you will play a game with a spectator is a clever idea in my opinion.
- The stuff provided is really well made, you have to prepare the tiles but I think they did that so you can have the option of which picture you want.
- This is perfect for corporate magic, you can print the logo of the company on the back.
- It takes up no pocket space, the square is 6 cm x 6 cm so it can fit in any pocket.
- With the proper presentation, you can really blow away people, by telling them everything was done randomly, and still, they manage to properly setup the picture.

Overall rating: I like this one a lot, the routine is new, the outcome impressive. But I don’t think I’ll be using it, still a great trick, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, this is quite hard to do, you have to remember a few things, I’d say 4/5 stars.

Similar products: Tic Tac Toe Pro for stage and parlour are also available so you have the choice on which version you want to perform.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website: http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
I found it requires a certain type of brain and thinking ability. I didn't have it. I sold mine.

I wish I had the ability it's a cool little effect.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Although this does seem cool when first described, once you dig deeper, there is much that is negative about this offering. It has been discussed on another thread and for the most part has been found wanting.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
216 Posts

Profile of debjit
Yes I heard it takes some calculations and mental math. I tend to stay away from tricks like that.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
It requires constant practuce unfortunately. The pay off is simply not worth the amount of work that needs to be put in to learn and maintain. I believe that the stage sized one is much better.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
The biggest Con

Is the long assembly work required

One mistake and you have had it

Also very hard to change the stickers

For the price this should have come pre assembled

As it stands I would give this one a miss
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, one that is pre-assembled might garner more interest.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, aligator wrote:
It requires constant practuce unfortunately. The pay off is simply not worth the amount of work that needs to be put in to learn and maintain. I believe that the stage sized one is much better.

The stage sized one scares me, tbh. I have both. I bought the mini to train with. I’m very nervous about premiering the large version. Even with regular training, one slip in the brain and you’ve lost your payload. I’d be curious to hear from anyone who performs regularly with the stage version. Bond Lee swears it’s easy. I bet he’s good at math.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Tic Tac Toe Close-Up by Bond Lee (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL