The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12~13~14 [Next]
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
118 Posts

Profile of kevg
The update has hands off upload. Printing was never a feature... Recubed includes my routine 'Pixelated' which is a photo prediction, that is fully justified and workable (If you have Rubiked then it's even better, but can be achieved without). A lot of software is proprietary which means the developers keep their code guarded - you cannot see the source code which makes utilising their hardware and software impossible. Hope that answers a few questions.
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
NO PRINTING FEATURE???? WOW! That's crazy.

So they make an app that creates a photo, but you can't print that photo without having to buy 3th party software. Sorry Kev I like your ideas but I have read this topic from start to finish and what I remember reading most is that they improved the app so much... and now they still have no auto printing feature??!?!?

Or even worse, the app can't print at all how it is...

Very disappointed!

Me (and some friends I discussed this with) would never buy the Rubiked as long as it's not possible to print the photo with the app included.
paulweiss
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of paulweiss
Even when you could print the image out or put it on your website etc etc. as soon people search on rubiks cube etc. they will find info about the giiker cube. The big problem is that the technology is already there for laymen. So this trick will not stand a audience in the future. sorry that I am so negative about this one. rubiks cubes tricks like rubiks cube venom etc. are much much better then this one.
kirsand
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of kirsand
I also bought for £80 at Blackpool. I would have thought twice at £130 which was the full price.
Recently I saw the Super Cube on Amazon UK for around £35 (lightning deal) so bought it for comparison.
Both cubes work with both apps, as you would expect.
The main reason for the post is to mention the use of a bluetooth remote for hands off handling.
I use a Satechi bluetooth remote unit, and by pressing three buttons I can:-
1. Take a picture or send to my website.
2. Go to the home screen.
3. Lock my iPhone.
Anyone can now pick up my phone and see only the lock screen. When I unlock it shows the home screen.
I leave my phone out of reach in the room, then ask if anyone has seen it so that I can show the photo. It is then obvious that I had no contact with the phone.
Looking forward to the update today!!
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Even when you could print the image out or put it on your website etc etc. as soon people search on rubiks cube etc. they will find info about the giiker cube. The big problem is that the technology is already there for laymen. So this trick will not stand a audience in the future. sorry that I am so negative about this one. rubiks cubes tricks like rubiks cube venom etc. are much much better then this one.

Very few can connect the dots and figure out the theory about the inner working of this trick.Same criticism can be applied to most magic apps ,but I think it is only your magician's thinking, there are magical apps which put the magician's phone in full play and you can search them on app store -if you write magic app- but still they can fool and amaze people. The most votes of 2018 trick of the year here went to DFB which falls on this category (use magician's phone to force or predict something).I think Rubiked should be more deceptive because the magician's phone (or spectator phone) is not in play -from spec POV- and the cube doesn't look suspicious .
This is just my 2 cents.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
882 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
So Vincent was kind enough to send me a copy. I watched the instructions yesterday and I'm very happy with the product. I won't review the cube, since it an existing model, but the app is very nice. You have several features, including what kind of image you want, if you want it saved on your phone, if you want to email them a prediction, if you want to send it to your site, and if you want to update the image automatically. I played around with it yesterday at work and showed it one of my coworkers. I already have several cubes at my desk, and she had no issue with the cube when I had her mix it up. Additionally, she kept asking how I could've known when I finished the trick, she was completely stumped. On the download they cover how to resticker the cube, in a very clever way, and other ways to modify the cube so that it appears to be normal in every way. This is great if you want to go that extra mile, but I do not believe it is necessary. Magicians have a bad habit of running when we aren't being chased. Vincent was also very fast to replying to emails and mentions on both the download and his email, that they will be implementing new ideas in the future
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
avimag51
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Hello
i already bought the cube from ALAKAZAM and wait for it to come . one thing that bother me and I didn't find explanation for it. how goes the charging ? do it's need to peel the stickers every time when charge need and after that to glue a new stickers ?

thank , Avraham
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
118 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, avimag51 wrote:
Hello
i already bought the cube from ALAKAZAM and wait for it to come . one thing that bother me and I didn't find explanation for it. how goes the charging ? do it's need to peel the stickers every time when charge need and after that to glue a new stickers ?

Just pop off the centre caps, you don't need to change or remove the stickers

thank , Avraham
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
avimag51
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2019, kevg wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, avimag51 wrote:
Hello

Just pop off the centre caps, you don't need to change or remove the stickers

thank , Avraham

thank you KEVG .
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1145 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Already have Rubiked, bought it at Blackpool. How do I get the app upload? I don’t recall that there was an automatic app upload. My phone no longer “shakes” when the cube is twisted the first time, nor when I upload the photo to the photo archieve. So something har changed.

Also, if I scramble/shuffle the cube and take a picture up front, just to show in the beginning of my routine that “I took a picture this morning of a shuffled cube”. Then when I assemble the cube to start the effect, it is not always that the app will follow when the spectator starts shuffling. I will have to reset the configuration prior to showing the effect, which is bothersome.

Btw: There is no difference between the Colors, whether I choose “Original” or “Giiker”. I would suppose that choosing “Giiker” would make the photo stand out with the colors of the cube - but that is not what is present.

And where can I find the feature description of the new upload.

Question: Why do anybody want a print feature? For what purpose? You can either send the picture from your phone, or upload it to website, facebook, instagram whatever. I’m really just curious, because I can’t see a situation where I would use a printer, or have a printer nearby for that sake. Maybe I’m missing some great effect here, so please chip in.

Br

Jan
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2019, Vraagaard wrote:

Question: Why do anybody want a print feature? For what purpose? You can either send the picture from your phone, or upload it to website, facebook, instagram whatever. I’m really just curious, because I can’t see a situation where I would use a printer, or have a printer nearby for that sake. Maybe I’m missing some great effect here, so please chip in.

Br

Jan

Nemlig. Personligt tror jeg det kunne være for meget.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13878 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Just now saw this for the first time, and it is blowing me away!!! This is freakin' genius, if ever there was such a thing!!

And what's even more amazing is that the demo video actually tells you the secret of the effect, which is rare indeed. So you know exactly what you are getting, and you know that even my dummy could work this effect.

Again, I am blown away. I wish to heaven I had $145. bucks to blow, because this would easily get me to open my wallet.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

NO PRINTING FEATURE???? WOW! That's crazy.

So they make an app that creates a photo, but you can't print that photo without having to buy 3th party software. Sorry Kev I like your ideas but I have read this topic from start to finish and what I remember reading most is that they improved the app so much... and now they still have no auto printing feature??!?!?

Or even worse, the app can't print at all how it is...

Very disappointed!

Me (and some friends I discussed this with) would never buy the Rubiked as long as it's not possible to print the photo with the app included.

Dr. Eamon, don't get disheartened. I have a simple and easy real world workable solution for you. Smile You will be able to print the final outcome of a mixed cube by the spectator. Here is how:-

Use the free App available with the cube. After the spectator(s) have mixed the cube, you save the screen shot on your phone. Then you simply print the saved photo through Bluetooth connection between the phone and the printer. It's that easy and simple.

And now on the type of printer to use. I would suggest using the Cannon Ivy printer. I found the Cannon Ivy to be the best among the many mini pocket printers out there. Also to get a reasonably good print I suggest use the HP Sprocket Zinc Photo paper with the Cannon Ivy. I found it to be the best combination for printing a reasonably good photo.

Please Note: With every Zinc photo paper a Blue Bar Code card is enclosed. Please do not throwaway the Blue Bar Code card that comes with the Cannon photo paper. You will need this card to be inserted in the Cannon Ivy printer when you are loading it with a different make of photo paper; in this case the HP paper. The Cannon printer will not accept the HP Blue Bar Code card and hence you need to preserve the Blue Bar Code card that comes with the Cannon photo paper. Hope that makes sense.

If one so wishes, one can checkout the difference in the quality of the print by first using the Cannon photo paper and then use the HP photo paper and you shall notice the difference for yourself. needless to say that when comparing the photos (using two different brands of paper), you need to print the same photo. Smile

And BTW, with the free App one can print and show all six sides of the mixed cube by printing two photos. As of now (as per my best knowledge & understanding) this isn't possible with the Rubiked App. The Rubiked App can only show three sides and not all six sides.

Hope this helps.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
882 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
For those held up on the fact that you see three sides and not six, that's literally all you need. The one realistic photo, as opposed to a screenshot from the free app (which is obviously a CG cube) is strong enough. Since I've received my unit, I've been performing it constantly. I'm getting the same, if not stronger reactions than if I did a cube match and showed all six sides. I've never had one person ask to see the other three sides. And as someone who works in the VFX industry, I can say with confidence that the photo realistic cube image is VERY convincing, as I've been testing this on my coworkers, and not one of them doubted the authenticity of the photo
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
We magicians live in our own peculiar world filled with specific agenda in mind. Making money by hook or crook is all that we care, we care less about our art and its people. I must say its a very sorry state of affairs.

One must try and understand that what I am trying to convey is not how best one is able to pull off the effect. All I am saying is that the Free App that comes bundled with the cube has far better facility/utility than an expensive proprietary App specifically developed for the purpose and in spite of its proprietary signature lacks in comparison with its competitor i.e the FREE App. Hope that clarifies.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3031 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Where can one find the free app?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.

Smile
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ?

Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so I’m just hoping it isn’t the case with this app. Thank you in advance
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, AceFace wrote:

Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so I’m just hoping it isn’t the case with this app. Thank you in advance

I don't have this app but from my knowledge as developer I know it is difficult task to change the file creation date programmatically on the iPhone, better to use 3'd party gallery app which has option to hide the files' datetime stamp .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.68 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL