The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2355 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Many of you know before this was released we released the same basic effect free and it is still there on our website.

To be completely honest this is an improvement on the standard Giiker app idea we released, it is easier to use and looks a lot better.

The £80 price was a Blackpool price, many new releases are far cheaper at Blackpool than they will be on release, our new release will be more than we were selling them for at Blackpool, it is not ripping people of it is just how the market works when you distribute products worldwide and the benefit of buying direct at a convention from the creator.

If you can use the free version we released that that is great but Kieron has moved over to this version because it is easier, looks better and has more features.

Wether you value this and the extra features built in is up to you and we are told improvements are on the way to make it even better.

These guys have a good product and don't really deserve the bashing they are getting here.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Saturn UK wrote:
Many of you know before this was released we released the same basic effect free and it is still there on our website.

To be completely honest this is an improvement on the standard Giiker app idea we released, it is easier to use and looks a lot better.

The £80 price was a Blackpool price, many new releases are far cheaper at Blackpool than they will be on release, our new release will be more than we were selling them for at Blackpool, it is not ripping people of it is just how the market works when you distribute products worldwide and the benefit of buying direct at a convention from the creator.

If you can use the free version we released that that is great but Kieron has moved over to this version because it is easier, looks better and has more features.

Wether you value this and the extra features built in is up to you and we are told improvements are on the way to make it even better.

These guys have a good product and don't really deserve the bashing they are getting here.

It a great effect I canít wait for the updates it does deserve a bit more love

Kind regards

Kieron
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I love it
DR
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Those who know Greg Rostami, will fully agree with me that Greg is a well known professional software developer with outstanding achievements, particularly in the field of Magic Application Programs. Greg has created some of the unique world class magic Apps that don't cost a fortune.

As for Rubiked, its not a question of bashing the App or its creator, rather we must consider the App in light of its capability and use. Said that, I have seen and used the Rubiked App and IMO it doesn't warrant the high price tag for an App that does one and only one thing - to send a screen capture to a desired website. Besides doing that, its a mediocre App IMO. I can continue to talk about the negatives of Rubiked App, but that will not be in the good interest of all.

Hence let us understand and agree that the Rubiked App do not warrant the high price tag. IMO the £80 Blackpool price (for the App + Cube) was quite reasonable and justifiable for such an App.

I write in the interest of our art - - MAGIC and its PEOPLE.

Just my opinion please.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Those who know Greg Rostami, will fully agree with me that Greg is a well known professional software developer with outstanding achievements, particularly in the field of Magic Application Programs. Greg has created some of the unique world class magic Apps that don't cost a fortune.

As for Rubiked, its not a question of bashing the App or its creator, rather we must consider the App in light of its capability and use. Said that, I have seen and used the Rubiked App and IMO it doesn't warrant the high price tag for an App that does one and only one thing - to send a screen capture to a desired website. Besides doing that, its a mediocre App IMO. I can continue to talk about the negatives of Rubiked App, but that will not be in the good interest of all.

Hence let us understand and agree that the Rubiked App do not warrant the high price tag. IMO the £80 Blackpool price (for the App + Cube) was quite reasonable and justifiable for such an App.

Just my opinion please.

Smile

I spoke to Vincent there will be additional updates in a few months there currently working on it.

I donít mean to be rude the effect is hardly medicocer I own pretty much all the current app on the market Iím also a beta tester for a couple of new ones.

For me and my audience the effect is impossible when layered right it becomes a miracle. The routine I use this in has lot of effects layed in to make this a strong ending for my parlour show I would say this one routine has taken a lot of time to put together and mony.

Vincent app is good if you like the effect it also a great out of someone asked to mix up your cube. I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.

Kieron
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Yes its all opinion. I'd pay triple for most of Marc Kerstein apps, Wiki Test and Earworm particularly totally outstanding.
I'm afraid I don't agree with your statement; "Let us understand and agree that Rubiked don't warrant the high price tag". Of course I respect your opinion, but I think it will be worth every Euro.

Best
DR

Quote:

Just my opinion please.

Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.

Hi Kieron,

The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement.

I wish the Rubiked App and its creator good luck and success.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

I have personally suggested some extra things that will enhance this Iím hoping they add these to the updates.

Hi Kieron,

The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement.

I wish the Rubiked App and its creator good luck and success.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile

I will let you no when I get the update in a few months

Kind regards

Kieron
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
118 Posts

Profile of kevg
I love this app! There's been a number of responses regarding the stock app and whether this is needed - IMO yes, and it's worth the price tag for working professionals.

I have a routine I published, just before Rubiked was released that utilizes this technology to have a tangible prediction revealed from an envelope in your wallet using the stock app. This is a killer effect, which has been made much better by using the Rubiked app and is now the way I'm performing this routine.

Here are my advantages of the Rubiked app:
- The picture (this looks like a legitimate photograph of a cube compared to a computer generated image, which also steers any thinking away from tech. This for me was enough to warrant purchasing this as it looks exactly how it should.)
- The speed (one button click does the business, you don't even need to remove your device or look at it - this is key for working environments as you don't want to have your phone out faffing around with it for no reason).
- Website traffic (People visit your site, your web address is stored in their history. Add a facebook/instagram like or whatever on the reveal page and you gain extra followers, no need to hand out business cards)
- No cube solving needed (I can solve the cube, but friends of mine who purchased this on my recommendation don't have a clue and love the fact they can now perform and impossible cube effect without knowing any algorithms whatsoever.)

I noticed there's been a few comments in reference to price and Inject....well I can remember when Inject was first released and it was a lot cheaper than it is now and those people who bought it in the beginning have benefited from subsequent free upgrades and additional effect add-ons. It sounds to me like the Vincent wants to keep developing this app in a similar way and those who have already purchased will get these free of charge.

I can't wait to see what features are added in next and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.

Lastly just to respond to Ustaad's comment "The Giiker App lacks one important application. If the Rubiked App (besides doing some extra things) could read the positioning of the cube (i.e. the movement of the WHOLE cube) that would be one great achievement." This would be nice but isn't anything to do with the app but the technology in the device so isn't currently possible. I can't really see this would make a difference to the effect though if possible?
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Its a shame the image canít show all 6 sides matched as when itís done live back to back with your spectator that is the scenario?
I know itís the same here but a layman may think the other 3 may not match as the prediction photo does not show them. Olly
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Its a shame the image canít show all 6 sides matched as when itís done live back to back with your spectator that is the scenario?
I know itís the same here but a layman may think the other 3 may not match as the prediction photo does not show them. Olly

It's a photo on your phone or website - A photo that you can reach into and turn things over or around or see all around has not been invented and a layman wound know this - Maybe you cound ask your friend Dave Forrest to invent one.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
118 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:

I don't think it's needed, but possible. The app will contain the info of the other side of the cube so could be added in an update. But if you were taking a photo why would you take a photo of both sides? I don't think you need to over prove it and I don't think it's needed.
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:

Olly has a very legitimate query that should be of concern to others (who are using the Rubiked App) as well. In the free Giiker App one could rotate and view the cube on all its six sides on the phone, whereas the cube in the Rubiked App is fixed thus showing the tile colors of only three sides.

Thus with the Giiker free App, you need to take just two screenshots so as to see the tile colors on all the six sides of the cube. This is not possible with the Rubiked App.

Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
For anyone wgo bought this at blackpool and using and android phone be carfull. The look out app ( viruse and malwear protection) flags the app as dangerous.

I even tried to reinstall it but now its just asking for a code again and dosnt work. Ive emailed the team 3 times via the address on their site last week and once via the form on their site last night to no reply.

So basicly the took the cash. Gave me a broken app that dosnt work and are now ignoring me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f......43745222
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Thanks Ustaad, I thought well if you have solved 6 sides they have missed a trick not showing them all thatís all.
To Kevg I hope they show all 6 in a future update, ie the same as now but with 2 photos. Canít be that hard, can it?
To Rob.m when did I say Dave Forrest was my personal friend so I donít see what thatís got to do with this thread so move on please, and to Alan I hope they get back to you soon with a fix.
Good magic to all Cafť members. Olly
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, Alan Rorrison wrote:
For anyone wgo bought this at blackpool and using and android phone be carfull. The look out app ( viruse and malwear protection) flags the app as dangerous.

I even tried to reinstall it but now its just asking for a code again and dosnt work. Ive emailed the team 3 times via the address on their site last week and once via the form on their site last night to no reply.

So basicly the took the cash. Gave me a broken app that dosnt work and are now ignoring me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f......43745222

I think it is false positive because the developer encrypted his code to prevent reverse engineering (cracking), many antiviruses can not scan encrypted code and mark it as not safe.
Very sad they didn't reply to you, I hope they will return to you soon.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Im now talking to the creator of the app. The issue I'm having is I didn't keep the gift card with the code for the app. I no longer thought I needed it. Who keeps used gift/code cards for apps?

With that asside he is stating the app is safe even though it is firing ofd any viruse protection I put on this phone.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Thankfully they have sent out a new code abd it didn't fire off my vp when entered so it looks like it was the encryption triggering it.

Thank you for sorting this out
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Very good they sorted it out!.
Still we are waiting their reply about if they will sell the app only without the cube or no?.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Excellent news, Vincentís customer service sounds great and thatís very important with all magic but even more so with apps and electronic magical effects imo.
I am glad itís all working again for you Alan. Regards Olly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL