The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Maxy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, AceFace wrote:
Looking forward to this landing through my letter box. When you do the photo in your phone, what does the time and date stamp say ?



Hi guys, can anyone give me answer to the above question please. I have purchased the effect but living on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean means that delivery is a lot slower than most places around the world, I own a couple of photo effects and unfortunately the time and date stamp lets them down so I’m just hoping it isn’t the case with this app. Thank you in advance

I don't have this app but from my knowledge as developer I know it is difficult task to change the file creation date programmatically on the iPhone, better to use 3'd party gallery
app which has option to hide the files' datetime stamp .



Thank you mate 👍👍👍
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
881 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
We magicians live in our own peculiar world filled with specific agenda in mind. Making money by hook or crook is all that we care, we care less about our art and its people. I must say its a very sorry state of affairs.

One must try and understand that what I am trying to convey is not how best one is able to pull off the effect. All I am saying is that the Free App that comes bundled with the cube has far better facility/utility than an expensive proprietary App specifically developed for the purpose and in spite of its proprietary signature lacks in comparison with its competitor i.e the FREE App. Hope that clarifies.

Smile


Except the method you are proposing is far less superior of an effect, and in fact transmits the method to the audience. With the Rubiked app, I can have the cube mixed by an audience member and have them immediately go to my website without my phone ever being touched or taken out. With the "free" version you are describing, you have to have them mix the cube, take a screenshot of your screen, crop it to remove any evidence of it being a screenshot or from an app, and then either send it to your website or open up your gallery to show them the image. If you working on stage, sure you could have an assistant do that for you, but in the end you get a result that is very obvious as to how the effect was done.

Vincent and his team have developed a lovely app with some very clever features, that allow you to perform this hands off and with no extra help. Yes I was sent a copy of this project, to provide feedback and my thoughts on it, but I would have gladly paid for it, as I think Vincent and his team deserve to be compensated for the work they put into this product. You are receiving a very well done app, that provides a photorealistic image, that you can have sent to your site, sent via email, or shown on your phone, all while having this happen automatically without needing to touch or go near your phone.

Based on your posts in other threads, it seems your specific agenda is to explain to other cheap methods to achieve other effects in a far less superior way, therefore making sure the creators who put time, effort, and money into their products aren't compensated.

My thoughts please...

Smile
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5525 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ JustJoshinMagic: I have said what I had to. I have no further comments please. Have a great day.

And as to:-

Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

My thoughts please...

Smile


LOL, I love it!! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.


Yep, happened to me already. Was performing at a wedding and blew a group away, then 3 days later saw the same person and he proceeded to tell me how I did all 4 routines he'd seen at the wedding - he'd googled it and found it all on youtube!

Just a quick search of 'rubiks cube prediction', or similar, and the giiker technology is staring you in the face - you can buy it in normal places like Amazon etc. As you say, people are not stupid - when they've been fooled, it's human nature to want to know the answers, and many will then go away and do some digging. A friend who knows I do magic messaged me during Britains Got Talent last year and said "Did you see the magician - just googled it and think I've found it... is it an effect called card-toon?"

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
157 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
So pleased I purchased this, getting great reactions. Works like a dream, great customer service, and updates.

The e-mail option is brilliant.

DR
miltos
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of miltos
I didn't buy it at Blackpool for 80 pounds which was a fair price.If the price falls down to this level again I will buy it instantly.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.


Yep, happened to me already. Was performing at a wedding and blew a group away, then 3 days later saw the same person and he proceeded to tell me how I did all 4 routines he'd seen at the wedding - he'd googled it and found it all on youtube!

Just a quick search of 'rubiks cube prediction', or similar, and the giiker technology is staring you in the face - you can buy it in normal places like Amazon etc. As you say, people are not stupid - when they've been fooled, it's human nature to want to know the answers, and many will then go away and do some digging. A friend who knows I do magic messaged me during Britains Got Talent last year and said "Did you see the magician - just googled it and think I've found it... is it an effect called card-toon?"

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic Smile

Google tailors search results according to your interests and browsing history.
Here I opened a browser anonymously with VPN to hide my original IP and these are the search results:
https://i.imgur.com/Og8n41N.jpg
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3018 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.

Smile


Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
Google tailors search results according to your interests and browsing history.
Here I opened a browser anonymously with VPN to hide my original IP and these are the search results:
https://i.imgur.com/Og8n41N.jpg
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results.



Exactly - attend a wedding, get blown away by a Rubik's cube prediction, then within 5 seconds on searching Google when you get home you have the answer. Whether it brings up the exact effect, or the effects shown in your example screenshot, it creates the "AHA, you can buy trick cubes from magic shops... THAT'S how it was done!"

As soon as the layman is aware that you can buy trick cubes, whether the exact effect they saw or not, they'll put 2 and 2 together and assume the effect they saw must have been achieved in the same way. And then after another 10 mins or so of more detailed digging on Penguin or any of the other sites listed on your screenshot, the exact effect could easily be found alongside the section at the bottom of those websites (if you're interested in Rubik Predicted by Mark Elsdon, you might also be intersted in these products...)

The world is becoming more and more connected, and virtually any effect can be found within minutes. From my earlier example at the wedding - one of the effects I showed was a standard ring flight - that person simply googled 'magician put ring on keyring in pocket' (or similar) and several effects are shown in seconds... there's even a youtube video showing the exact method! Even if they don't find the exact method or view those videos, they do know all you have to do is buy the gimmick and they could replicate the exact effect immedietely. Suddenly the 'amazing magician' from John's wedding, doesn't look quite so spectacular. Now they're down the pub or at work telling all their mates, "Remember that magician from John's wedding - I've worked it all out - there's this site called Penguin that sells all his tricks - here have a look (pulls out their phone and loads Penguin...)

It's just the sad reality of the Internet unfortunetely. As your screenshot shows, you don't even need to be searching for magic regulalrly for the Google results to only tailor magic-based results. Your private VPN produces pages and pages of magic-based listings even though you've never searched for any other magic effect ever (in that private VPN example).

Very frustrating.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
157 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Sod it!
I don't have to do this, I'm a good plumber.

DR



Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Quote:
Google tailors search results according to your interests and browsing history.
Here I opened a browser anonymously with VPN to hide my original IP and these are the search results:
https://i.imgur.com/Og8n41N.jpg
You can see which effect dominated the the anonymous search results.



Exactly - attend a wedding, get blown away by a Rubik's cube prediction, then within 5 seconds on searching Google when you get home you have the answer. Whether it brings up the exact effect, or the effects shown in your example screenshot, it creates the "AHA, you can buy trick cubes from magic shops... THAT'S how it was done!"

As soon as the layman is aware that you can buy trick cubes, whether the exact effect they saw or not, they'll put 2 and 2 together and assume the effect they saw must have been achieved in the same way. And then after another 10 mins or so of more detailed digging on Penguin or any of the other sites listed on your screenshot, the exact effect could easily be found alongside the section at the bottom of those websites (if you're interested in Rubik Predicted by Mark Elsdon, you might also be intersted in these products...)

The world is becoming more and more connected, and virtually any effect can be found within minutes. From my earlier example at the wedding - one of the effects I showed was a standard ring flight - that person simply googled 'magician put ring on keyring in pocket' (or similar) and several effects are shown in seconds... there's even a youtube video showing the exact method! Even if they don't find the exact method or view those videos, they do know all you have to do is buy the gimmick and they could replicate the exact effect immedietely. Suddenly the 'amazing magician' from John's wedding, doesn't look quite so spectacular. Now they're down the pub or at work telling all their mates, "Remember that magician from John's wedding - I've worked it all out - there's this site called Penguin that sells all his tricks - here have a look (pulls out their phone and loads Penguin...)

It's just the sad reality of the Internet unfortunetely. As your screenshot shows, you don't even need to be searching for magic regulalrly for the Google results to only tailor magic-based results. Your private VPN produces pages and pages of magic-based listings even though you've never searched for any other magic effect ever (in that private VPN example).

Very frustrating.

Smile
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
Sod it!
I don't have to do this, I'm a good plumber.



LOL!

Make Google illegal and bring back the times of magic only being avaliable behind the dark and mysterious windows of Davenports of London, or Supreme in Bideford, or International Magic in Clerkenwell (other magic shops are avaliable!) - that's what I say! The good old days, where magic took 2 weeks to eventually arrive, and all you had was a couple of paragraphs of description in a poorly printed catalogue to make your decision Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
157 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I loved those days too.
But we will all be ok, good luck.

DR



Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, davidredfearn wrote:
Sod it!
I don't have to do this, I'm a good plumber.



LOL!

Make Google illegal and bring back the times of magic only being avaliable behind the dark and mysterious windows of Davenports of London, or Supreme in Bideford, or International Magic in Clerkenwell (other magic shops are avaliable!) - that's what I say! The good old days, where magic took 2 weeks to eventually arrive, and all you had was a couple of paragraphs of description in a poorly printed catalogue to make your decision Smile
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Personally I think as magicians we tend to worry too much, the way I look at things is as long as we do our jobs by amazing people and making them smile that’s cool for me, if someone wants to ruin the illusion they have just seen then that’s their loss... people know it’s not real magic so the doubt and curiosity of how it was done will always be there, some will search for the solution but most will just enjoy it for what it is.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of Maxy
The problem is not specific to this effect only, it is common problem related to all magic industry in the internet era. retailers can hide their websites completely from Google indexing service with simple text file but -for obvious reasons- they don't want to do that.Googling "magic revealed" will lead to thousands of results. Some famous magicians teach tricks on their youtube channels to gain more followers.Also this forum is visible to Google and anyone can read posts here!.If a magician joined here with his real name or stage name, people can search this forum and see which tricks he commented on!. Worse than that it is enough to Google the magician name to know his secrets, for example googling Shin Lim will lead to his website where he sells smoke device and changing pips card -he said in his website I used this in my AGT performance-:
https://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/kadabra-by-raffi-kazama
The problem is very big and it is out of control so we should live with it and try to find better ways to conceal methods and present our magic.
I'm very honest with my audiences, I tell them not to think about magic as puzzles or challenges to their IQ, the tricks are not important because any one can do them -even kids can buy magic kits-,but what is important is to enjoy the current moment and give your imagination freedom to feel the fun and wonder.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.

Smile


Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?

Yes, it is same cube.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Maxy wrote:
The problem is not specific to this effect only, it is common problem related to all magic industry in the internet era. retailers can hide their websites completely from Google indexing service with simple text file but -for obvious reasons- they don't want to do that.Googling "magic revealed" will lead to thousands of results. Some famous magicians teach tricks on their youtube channels to gain more followers.Also this forum is visible to Google and anyone can read posts here!.If a magician joined here with his real name or stage name, people can search this forum and see which tricks he commented on!. Worse than that it is enough to Google the magician name to know his secrets, for example googling Shin Lim will lead to his website where he sells smoke device and changing pips card -he said in his website I used this in my AGT performance-:
https://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/kadabra-by-raffi-kazama
The problem is very big and it is out of control so we should live with it and try to find better ways to conceal methods and present our magic.
I'm very honest with my audiences, I tell them not to think about magic as puzzles or challenges to their IQ, the tricks are not important because any one can do them -even kids can buy magic kits-,but what is important is to enjoy the current moment and give your imagination freedom to feel the fun and wonder.


Yes well said - fully agree.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5525 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.


Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?


Sure, the Rubiked cube will connect to the FREE Gii*** App. I see no reason why it shouldn't connect. As I understand the creator of Rubiked picked up the Gii*** cube, developed his own App and put it out in the market for we gully-belly buyers at an exorbitant price tag of over $100 just for the App.

As I envisage, if this electronic cube had fallen in the hands of one of our magic creator it would have been priced over a thousand buck. But that didn't happen as the cube was made primarily for the sole use of the Rubik's Cuber community. And sadly the serious cuber community did not accept this electronic cube gizmo, but by then hundreds of thousands of people were aware of the existence of such a cube.

One would agree that any item that has been produced for a different commercial purpose (and not specifically for magic) in high volumes is noticed by a large sect of people. However magic props are manufactured in very limited quantity and hence the prop is lesser known to the general public. Such magic props are much safer for we magicians to perform for our spectators.

And that's the reason it's becoming increasingly difficult to satisfactorily perform this cube effect without someone pointing out as to what the cube exactly is. If the same cube was made primarily for magic purpose it wouldn't have drawn such great attention by our spectators.

And like I usually say - My thoughts please! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. With my this post, it is most likely that the friends and followers of the Rubiked App creator will pounce on me, but that's OK. I have taken a lot of beating for being honest and straightforward in my opinion and in my writings. I fear nobody. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.


Yep, happened to me already. Was performing at a wedding and blew a group away, then 3 days later saw the same person and he proceeded to tell me how I did all 4 routines he'd seen at the wedding - he'd googled it and found it all on youtube!

Just a quick search of 'rubiks cube prediction', or similar, and the giiker technology is staring you in the face - you can buy it in normal places like Amazon etc. As you say, people are not stupid - when they've been fooled, it's human nature to want to know the answers, and many will then go away and do some digging. A friend who knows I do magic messaged me during Britains Got Talent last year and said "Did you see the magician - just googled it and think I've found it... is it an effect called card-toon?"

The internet is an amazing tool that has changed the world in many ways, but it sure has ruined a lot of magic Smile



YouTube and google will explain just about everything that is performed direct or “ out of the box”

I was just reading the future of google will explain just about everything with a few vague search words.
Question I think we should explore is what is our purpose? To fool or entertain. Can you have one without the other ? Nothing we can do but get better in
connecting and entraining, I guess.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10391 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

@ rowdymagi5: It's on the App Store as well as the Play Store. It connects with the Gii*** cube. For the App to activate you must have the cube. When you purchase the cube you will be directed to the concerned App.


Just out of curiosity, if one were to purchase Rubiked, would it also connect to the app made for the Gii*** Cube?


Sure, the Rubiked cube will connect to the FREE Gii*** App. I see no reason why it shouldn't connect. As I understand the creator of Rubiked picked up the Gii*** cube, developed his own App and put it out in the market for we gully-belly buyers at an exorbitant price tag of over $100 just for the App.

As I envisage, if this electronic cube had fallen in the hands of one of our magic creator it would have been priced over a thousand buck. But that didn't happen as the cube was made primarily for the sole use of the Rubik's Cuber community. And sadly the serious cuber community did not accept this electronic cube gizmo, but by then hundreds of thousands of people were aware of the existence of such a cube.

One would agree that any item that has been produced for a different commercial purpose (and not specifically for magic) in high volumes is noticed by a large sect of people. However magic props are manufactured in very limited quantity and hence the prop is lesser known to the general public. Such magic props are much safer for we magicians to perform for our spectators.

And that's the reason it's becoming increasingly difficult to satisfactorily perform this cube effect without someone pointing out as to what the cube exactly is. If the same cube was made primarily for magic purpose it wouldn't have drawn such great attention by our spectators.

And like I usually say - My thoughts please! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. With my this post, it is most likely that the friends and followers of the Rubiked App creator will pounce on me, but that's OK. I have taken a lot of beating for being honest and straightforward in my opinion and in my writings. I fear nobody. Smile


Narendra always speaks honestly and frankly. For that we might not always agree, but we should be appreciative as he is an institution here - highly knowledgeable, highly intelligent - and has earned well deserved respect.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3557 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got this. Very fun. Great quality. How does the email feature work? I don’t recall an mention of that feature in the tutorial unless I glossed over it. Does it allow you to email a picture “before” the cube is mixed?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL