The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
neilbird
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of neilbird
Hello All,

I have read this whole thread with interest and would like to offer my personal comments.
We all get excited when we get back from Blackpool with our new purchases, wondering how we will add our new effects into our routines.
I have no Rubik magic effects nor am I a whizz at solving it. This for me was a great way to use what appears to be a normal cube, with a predicted end reveal.

I have never liked the quick solve cube effects.

I performed this for the first time recently on some test subjects and it blew them away.
Personally, I don't feel we need a 6-sided reveal. It's irrelevant. The spectator saw it as a photo and did not ask about the other 3 sides.

Any delay to reveal is down to you. I don't think the dealy is that noticeable. I'm aiming at performing two effects at the same time for two people... the first inviting spectator 1 to mix the cube and when happy placing the cube inside a paper bag, so I cannot see it. Once in the bag, I reach for a sharpie from my pocket (activating the app to send the photo) to carry on performing the trick for Spectator 2. Once finished with Spectator 2... I ask spectator 2 to bring out their phone, for the cube reveal.

The only critic I have read here, are from those who see the price as too high. I believe that a creator should be paid for his creativity, and should not just supply at cost value. I'm buying the creativity, not just a cube.
Something that has not been mentioned here is the replacement stickers. The first thing I did was change the stickers to avoid having the pinhole showing for the charging points. Take the time to replace the stickers... it will remove the suspicions on the cube.

Teething problems with apps and Android/iPhones will I'm sure be ironed out. With more of us using the app, it will no doubt be putting it through its paces and highlighting issues to be resolved.

I look forward to the updates and can recommend this to any magician. It's easy to use/perform and works for the close-up or stage/parlour audience.
I'm playing with it daily and getting closer to solving it - without the SuperCube app. Smile
Although the SuperCube App is a great help with its 'quick solve' feature. I like to start the effect with a solved cube.

I give it a thumbs up review. Looking forward to performing it again.
Inner circle
uk
3133 Posts

Profile of warren
It looks great my one concern though is with being an Android user and this being an APP how long will it be supported for Android users as DFB for example is no longer receiving updates etc.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Does the upper side always have the white square in the center or does the top side center piece of the prediction respond to the movement of the cube? I hope this makes sense.

It appears that the center of the top stays the same and only the corner and edge pieces change. Can someone respond? You can probably see where I am going here, right?
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5521 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, Waters. wrote:

Does the upper side always have the white square in the center or does the top side center piece of the prediction respond to the movement of the cube? I hope this makes sense.

In case I have understood your query correctly, and if you are referring to the position of the Rubik's Cube as seen on the Rubiked App, then as seen in the Rubiked App the top side (with the white center piece) along with its other two sides showing, always remain in its fixed position. The cube can't be made turn or change sides on your phone. This IMO is a big drawback of the Rubiked App. Whereas with the free Super Cube App that comes with the Giiker Cube, you can see all six faces of the cube which IMO is a big advantage.

Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, Waters. wrote:

It appears that the center of the top stays the same and only the corner and edge pieces change. Can someone respond? You can probably see where I am going here, right?

In any Rubik's Cube, unlike the corner and edge pieces which changes places, the six center pieces remain in the same fixed position. The center pieces never changes its position but they can rotate along their axis.

General Note: And thus, based on this typical characteristic of the Rubik's Cube, one can tell the colors of the tiles (through its App) on any one or all the six faces of the cube (provided one is using the Giiker Super Cube App and not the Rubiked App). For example, for the Magi to predict the colors of the tiles (of a mixed cube) on any one face of the cube, all that the spectator needs to tell the Magi is the color of the center tile and then the Magi can predict the colors of the remaining 8 tiles correctly.

Hope that makes sense and clarifies. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Thank you Ustad. I am not bothered by only three sides showing and understand that the center colors each stay in a fixed relationship to each other. My point was that the white center piece is always facing upwards in the demo. If this was not the case and of any center piece could be picture on top of the cube if that center piece was facing upwards in actuality, this app would also serve to work as a cue to which side is up (when you are not looking at the cube). This would work like a “color vision” cube. I hope this clarifies things.
Follow the link...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5521 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Waters: Oh OK, now I get you. Smile

So you are looking for a cube like this one - Right? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qowl_Y49cQU

The 'Go Cube' was likely to be released this month, but there is no fresh news yet.

Also have look at this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsqUv9j9bBo

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Waters.
... exactly. If Rubiked had functioned like that, you get two effects for one.
Follow the link...
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
I have just reviewed this product before it’s release on Monday!

https://youtu.be/FvE5tkbv9FQ
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks
vincenttarrit
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of vincenttarrit
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, sharpace wrote:
Is that you can only buy the Apps now? Thanks

Yes it will be possible but not for now Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:
80 pounds is a very fair price considering the modifications. I would definitely re sticker mine though.

Except !!!

Just got email from Vanishing inc UK

And the price is GBP135 !!!

So £100 more than the Giker Cube

As already pointed out could have just sold the app
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:
80 pounds is a very fair price considering the modifications. I would definitely re sticker mine though.

Except !!!

Just got email from Vanishing inc UK

And the price is GBP135 !!!

So £100 more than the Gilker Cube

As already pointed out could have just sold the app
paulweiss
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of paulweiss
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
So far we have had 2 pitches from Titans selling the G Cube

First one was GBP400 !

This one GBP 135

Credit must be given to Mark and Kieron from Saturn who did not try and rip off anyone but gave it away for Free
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I hope they will include one or two 'AUTO-PRINT' features in the app so you can print the photo automatically...
At least one or two ways to print a photo completely hands off!

It could be a timer that prints as soon as the cube is still for 5 or 10 seconds!

Or a timer that prints after 1 minute and 10 seconds, this would need some spectator management like, explaining they can change the cube for a minute exactly... let a second helper call stop after a minute.

Or maybe the moment when you cover the lens of your phone, or something like that...

Best,
John
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, paulweiss wrote:
Hi. I also was wondered the first time I saw this "trick". Its very clever.

However some people will think you use an app / bluetooth or so. if they search in google on rubiks bluetooth you will find the
giiker cube with the technology in it. so 1 + 1 = 2. people are not stupid.

Of course Most people you will fool with it (older people), but some younger people not. And Some people will also know about the gijker cube.

So I will skip this one.

If you have a website you can put the link inside envelope and reveal it after the mixing process complete. They will visit the link and they will see the prediction picture in your website. So from spectators' POV your phone was not in play ,you never touch it and the prediction was written in advance before the mixing process began.
I hope in future they will add facebook,Instagram posts or email prediction, it will be more stronger.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I hope they will include one or two 'AUTO-PRINT' features in the app so you can print the photo automatically...

It could be a timer that prints as soon as the cube is still for 5 or 10 seconds!

Or a timer that prints after 1 minute and 10 seconds, this would need some spectator management like, explaining they can change the cube for a minute exactly... let a second helper call stop after a minute.

Or maybe the moment when you cover the lens of your phone, or something like that...

Best,
John

It is more simpler than that, you will press the Vol up button to trigger the upload process in the app.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
So far we have had 2 pitches from Titans selling the G Cube

First one was GBP400 !

This one GBP 135

Credit must be given to Mark and Kieron from Saturn who did not try and rip off anyone but gave it away for Free

Still I'm waiting for the app only option.
Yes, big thank you for Mark and Kieron Johnson! Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, Maxy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:

Best,
John

It is more simpler than that, you will press the Vol up button to trigger the upload process in the app.

Touching the phone to trigger the upload process is a big disappointment for an app with 'so many features'! There should be at least a few options to upload the file hands off. And then you still have to print the file and that should also be possible hands off. So they have some work to do before I would buy the app. For now I use my own 'system' with the Supercube app for a more pure mindreading demonstration...

John
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
BTW I think the price is more than fair but it does at least have to offer some PRO options like hands off printing! No childish magic effects but the option to create eXtrementalism... real powerful mental performances without any suspicious moves.

John Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubiked by Vincent Tarrit (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL