The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents DESTINATION by Phillip Ryan (Svengali Postcards) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
A great prediction effect that can be adapted to numerous situations!

Philip Ryan has been performing his postcard routine for many years. His routine combines two different gaffed postcards. This version uses Svengali postcards that have been specially designed to fit in your pocket. This can be performed close-up or on stage.

There are MANY different ways to use these postcards. The performer shows the spectator a stack of postcards he or she has collected on their travels. They show different countries and cities from around the world. The cards can even be mixed by the performer and the spectator chooses one. The performer can then reveal the chosen country any way they like.

These postcards can be used in combination with a multitude of other tricks from predictions to revelations, from close-up to stage. Whenever you need to force a country, DESTINATION is the most natural way to do it.

NOTE: The force country in this set is FRANCE.

NOTE: TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact VORTEX MAGIC for TV rights.

More info: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63259
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Very nice !
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
France? Oh well never mind.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
There's lots you can do with France...its a good f*rce…

but what I still don't get is, why are people so lazy? you can make your own really cheaply, and m*rk the backs as well...same with using real, proper photos too...never understood it...just takes a bit of graft that's all...

I hope this isn't being presented as something new... Smile
I've asked to be banned
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Recently got a set of these Svengali postcards and I think they are great. You can use them as a utility item in many different routines, even as way to change things up if you perform "It's in My Genes".

I'm sure it would cost you more to acquire the postcards and make this yourself. Maybe you can buy a set from all over the world online for cheap, I don't know. But these are well made and worth the money IMO.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I've seen these and they're nicely done
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I even learned how to make my own Tarot cards a few years ago... 😀😉

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, IAIN wrote:
There's lots you can do with France...its a good f*rce…

but what I still don't get is, why are people so lazy? you can make your own really cheaply, and m*rk the backs as well...same with using real, proper photos too...never understood it...just takes a bit of graft that's all...

I hope this isn't being presented as something new... Smile
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, IAIN wrote:

So if you don’t make your own set of postcards it means you’re lazy?
If that’s how you feel you must really think poorly of SvenPad owners. LOL

But truthfully I guess I’m not following you. Are you suggesting printing out photos to use for this? Or sourcing the various postcards required?
In any case you need 25 postcards from various cities around the world, and then 25 force postcards. Not to mention trimming all of them. All told, the whole process can take longer than you think. I will grant you that it can be nice having control of what the force card is.

I have a somewhat similar experience to compare it to. I once made a force deck of postcard-sized movie posters and it took me more hours than I care to admit. If there had been a deck like this readily available commercially I would have much preferred to simply buy it.

These are very nicely made and look like genuine postcards. So if you can deal with not being able to choose your force card I don’t think it would be worth the time and expense to make your own when you can have these delivered to your mailbox for only $25.00 plus shipping.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I priced making my own (buying them in bulk on eBay) and it'd cost about the same
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you are worried about price, make your own stack out of photos... Real photos... Trim them yourself, it's easy and cheap...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Go with matt over gloss though, sometimes they stick in hot environments...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Moo.com for postcards... 25 for $21...so that's about 18 quid..that way you can have whatever f*rce you want...

In my opinion, it's good to be a bit more self efficient as you end up learning new skills and let's you learn by doing...
I've asked to be banned
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice review David, except it's in the wrong thread though. I only have the Svengali postcards and I would highly recommend those. I think they are much more versatile than the ID version.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Didn't realise that these came in both Svengali and roughed and smoothed versions. Tthanks David for making me aware of the non Svengali version. I'll bet getting both
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Do the postcards have plain white backs? How many are there?

Might there be a way of back marking the non force cards?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
They are not plain white, they have several lines to fill in an address and a "place stamp here" square. Probably easy to mark.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have chuck Hickok's post cards. always worked well.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I did that Hickock Postcard Memory Demonstration many years back. Don't have it anymore.

Still like to know how many postcards in the Destination effect and thank you Greg for the information about the back of the card. This makes it more intriguing to me.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
30 postcards (I have both sets)
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents DESTINATION by Phillip Ryan (Svengali Postcards) (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL