The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fantasy animated teams ups that won't happen. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
So, we all watched cartoons as a kid. Even if you didn't, I know I sure did. The thought flew into my head this morning, for no reason, I can explain, some of those characters got teamed up and some didn't. Hanna Barbera teamed up a lot in the 80's and 90's, but I think there is more out there.

Here is my thought...

Lets team up Fearless Fly, Atom Ant, Mighty Mouse, Batfink, Courageous Cat and Underdog. The team could be called "The Awesome Animals!"

Who has another "never to be" team up idea?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4864 Posts

Profile of landmark
If I remember the old folk song, "There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed A Fly" correctly, that means only Underdog will end up alive.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
To answer Cliff about the funny animal heroes, there was a DC Comic called the Amazing Zoo Crew. It was led by a Rabbit called Captain Carrot. I had one issue of the series but I wonder if Cliff ever followed that series.

Though I think I had a slight preference for Marvel Bunny. Probably because Marvel Bunny had an established presence, originating as he did from a Fawcett comic published in 1945.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
249 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, Orville Smith wrote:
To answer Cliff about the funny animal heroes, there was a DC Comic called the Amazing Zoo Crew. It was led by a Rabbit called Captain Carrot. I had one issue of the series but I wonder if Cliff ever followed that series.

Though I think I had a slight preference for Marvel Bunny. Probably because Marvel Bunny had an established presence, originating as he did from a Fawcett comic published in 1945.

Robot Chicken did a sketch with Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew. You could probably find it on youtube.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Yes, I read Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew. I did not care for it so much as it was really just a Justice League rip off with a lighter touch. Somebody agreed with me as the book did not last long.

My original intent was to find cartoons that were not related and suggest a team. another example might be Captain Caveman, and Might-Tor. (Genre close, but not the same owner of rights)

Oddly enough, Captain Caveman did appear once with the Flintstones.
Magic is like Science,
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
249 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I have always been a more Warner Brothers fan... so in the spirit of this thread:

Bugs Bunny was the first transgender cartoon character.

Pepe Le Pew was the first animated sexual predator; and would be in a cell next to Bill Cosby.

Yosemite Sam ironically has become the spokesman for the Tea Party.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, Orville Smith wrote:

OK, Marvel Bunny, TMNT, the squirrel Green Lantern and Peter Porker, the Amazing Spider Ham have to team up to save Super Pup! (NOT Krypto, the Superdog. There was an attempt to make a Superman knock-off with midgets in dog suits! Jimmy Olson was a mouse that lived in Bark Bent's desk!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4HjkwukBZs
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Ed, I know you consider Krypto the Dog as outside the loop, but gee whiz, how can we forget Krypto the Dog propelling a boat by using his rapidly-spinning Tail as a propeller.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, Orville Smith wrote:
Ed, I know you consider Krypto the Dog as outside the loop, but gee whiz, how can we forget Krypto the Dog propelling a boat by using his rapidly-spinning Tail as a propeller.

No, no. Krypto's a cool character. He got his own animated show separate from Superman! ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8912936/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2 ) He would team up with Streaky, the super cat! One of my favorites was an encounter with Ace the Bathound;

KRYPTO: Oh, you're Batman's pet!

ACE: Partner! I'm his partner!

The voice of Ace was Kevin Conroy, the voice of animated Batman!

It's just the concept of Super Pup is so outrageous, I had to use it.

I am annoyed I forgot to add Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse to the team;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278180/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2a
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
That is OK Ed, I got Courageous Cat in my original team at the top.
Magic is like Science,
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6527 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fantasy animated teams ups that won't happen. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL