The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorpion by Bobby Motta (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Watch the trailer HERE: https://www.ellusionist.com/scorpion-ree......tta.html

MAKE $#!T MOVE WITH YOUR MIND

At any time using only YOUR mind, the Scorpion wireless thread reel will actually cause that chosen object to move or fall on command.

You or your spectators are nowhere near the object and an audience member can pick it up, closely inspect it and even take the object home.

In the dessert the Scorpion is the un-crowned King. Packing a mighty punch, but never out in the open to take the praise. This device has a similar role and has become an integral part of Bobby Motta’s hit show or close-up gigs over the past five years. It's never seen, but it's affects are undeniable.

For the upmost quality, Bobby designed Scorpion alongside Craig Filicetti of ProMystic. Craig's devices are used in almost all major stage, parlour and TV shows... and it's easy to see why. They just work.

As a professional entertainer performing regular weekly shows, countless monthly corporate events or making prestigious television appearances, you need something bullet-proof, dependable and extremely responsive for constant use - both on stage and for close-up applications. Trust in Scorpion.

WHAT CAN SCORPION DO?

- Telekinetic phenomena made real. Move objects from across the room, under a glass - without being anywhere near them.
- Real-time psychokinetic touches metres away from the participants... b-bye Loops.
- Fool skeptics with paranormal activity they swear is REAL.
- Create bone-chilling seance movements experienced by one person or thousands.

Find out more: https://www.ellusionist.com/scorpion-ree......tta.html
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1405 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
So basically Steve Fearsons 'Cobra Reel'
drawfull
View Profile
Loyal user
qmagi.com
246 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Not sure I'd be thrilled to find a Scorpion in my dessert, but...
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So what is the business reasoning for it to appear on the Ellusionist site if all profits goes to Bobby (which, good for him!). I'm just very curious at the sales model for this product because it's bizarre to me that Ellusionist would carry and market something they are not going to make money on.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:

MAKE $#!T MOVE WITH YOUR MIND

At any time using only YOUR mind, the Scorpion wireless thread reel will actually cause that chosen object to move or fall on command.

Force Trainer Technology? Or is this what the spectator "sees"?
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Looks really amazing, congratulations Bobby!
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Please explain this to me: Even though the video shows a series of different PK effects done in rapid succession, in reality can the performer execute more than a single effect without stopping and doing another set-up? And by "set-up" I mean something done neither in real time nor in front of the audience.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1372 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Probably need a few of the devices to get multiple things to happen in rapid secession...

Bobby Mota is no joke though. Bill Abbott mentioned this to me not too long ago, I surprised to see Bobby M is putting this out:)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Maxy
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Scorpion vs Cobra Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, MDantes wrote:
Probably need a few of the devices to get multiple things to happen in rapid secession...

Bobby Mota is no joke though. Bill Abbott mentioned this to me not too long ago, I surprised to see Bobby M is putting this out:)

He released it directly months back and from what I understand, he also demo'd it on his Penguin Live. Looks absolutely phenomenal plus Craig and co. made these so I have no doubt it is QUALITY.
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of SleightlyCurious
Looks amazing but the review left on E's site has me confused.

The review mentioned that Scorpion could do what Venom & Tarantula could do, so would that mean I'd be able to use it to suspend a ring in mid-air or float a ring onto a spec's finger?
Always "sleightly" curious.
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

And if so, would I need two units of the scorpion or is this achievable with one?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, SleightlyCurious wrote:

The review mentioned that Scorpion could do what Venom & Tarantula could do, so would that mean I'd be able to use it to suspend a ring in mid-air or float a ring onto a spec's finger?

The hookup would be slightly different and I think the Scorpion method would be cleaner and less complicated due to the nature of the thing. It looks to have full tension control and it basically acts as slack thread until you engage it which IMHO is superior for handling than using something that has constant tension because you can be more hands free (with something like a thread boss/standard ITR and Venom, you need to hold on to the thread to lock it so that it doesn't retract back). So this is going to be similar to Tarantula for thread work but should provide further flexibility and utility due to it being remotely operated (thus you are not required to hide anything in your hand or have the actual reel on your person). It also doubles as a Real Ghost type device (Christopher Taylor's old PK touches device, which is an excellent product but sort of limited with what you can do with it, making Scorpion superior IMO). This is a A+ product across the board for what it does.

I don't actually own it but am fully aware of what it is and how it works.
EobardT
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of EobardT
I have played with one of these, It is absolutely INCREDIBLE
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2101 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I had the pleasure of working a gig together with Bobby a few years back, and he closed his show with a PK water bottle effect using the Scorpion. I only got a brief look at the gimmick and setup, but what I saw was very good. The audience went NUTS at the effect, which is of course a testament to Bobby's routining and performance more than anything. But for a guy who works as much as Bobby, you know he is only going to close with something that is not only powerful, but reliable. Of course we all know Craig's reputation for building the very best electronic apparatus. This is definitely on my wish list.
Kevin Reylek
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, EobardT wrote:
I have played with one of these, It is absolutely INCREDIBLE

Can you elaborate a bit on that please?
ThoZ
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ThoZ
I own this device for about a year now and I love it.
If you have any questions feel free to ask
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ how practical are the set ups taught for some of the effects shown in the demo? Can they be done in more impromptu situations?

How is the size of the device? Hard to tell in the pic but it looks smaller that the Cobra?

How conducive is it when p*alm*d?
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of montanna40
And does it make much of a sound?
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, SleightlyCurious wrote:

The hookup would be slightly different and I think the Scorpion method would be cleaner and less complicated due to the nature of the thing. It looks to have full tension control and it basically acts as slack thread until you engage it which IMHO is superior for handling than using something that has constant tension because you can be more hands free (with something like a thread boss/standard ITR and Venom, you need to hold on to the thread to lock it so that it doesn't retract back). So this is going to be similar to Tarantula for thread work but should provide further flexibility and utility due to it being remotely operated (thus you are not required to hide anything in your hand or have the actual reel on your person). It also doubles as a Real Ghost type device (Christopher Taylor's old PK touches device, which is an excellent product but sort of limited with what you can do with it, making Scorpion superior IMO). This is a A+ product across the board for what it does.

I don't actually own it but am fully aware of what it is and how it works.

Thanks for the informative reply (:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorpion by Bobby Motta (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL