The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorpion by Bobby Motta (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1165 Posts

Profile of Jared
I purchased this last year when it was first released and it's a very well-designed device. As you may know, this is a Pro-Mystic design and collaboration between Bobby Motta and Craig. The workings are super-quiet and I love that it has a delay activation switch. So, you can be completely motionless before the object moves. There's also a magnetic switch option, which provides another "disconnect" since you are apparently doing nothing unnatural or suspicious to make an the object move with your mind. I am not familiar with Cobra and so I cannot make any comparisons. But in terms of reliability and features I'm very pleased with this purchase.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1612 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Im not a huge fan of electronics in magic but this looks phenomenal so I had to have it! After viewing the instructions it looks like a great piece of kit and I can't wait to get going with it. The only slight gripe I have is that not everything mentioned in the ad copy or shown o the demo is covered I the instructions. So be aware there may be hook ups that you will have to discover yourself. Other than that, well done to all involved, this looks like its going to be incredible!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
martley
View Profile
New user
Canada
9 Posts

Profile of martley
Is this a Promystic product
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
17 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, martley wrote:
Is this a Promystic product

No, it isn't. It's a Motta Magic - Props for Professionals product
https://mottamagic.com/collections/front......scorpion
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
834 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
It's kind of both. It is a Motta Magic release, but the product itself was built for Bobby by Craig Filicetti of Promystic.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
17 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, sgtgrey wrote:
It's kind of both. It is a Motta Magic release, but the product itself was built for Bobby by Craig Filicetti of Promystic.

Thanks for sharing this insight with us. It's an excellent prop for sure, and both Bobby and ProMystic seem to offer nothing but top-notch products.
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Is this only good for "darker" situations? I can't imagine this being an ideal tool for close up work?
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
17 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Is this only good for "darker" situations? I can't imagine this being an ideal tool for close up work?

Having toyed around with it, I'd say it's perfect for parlour and stage, but not for close-up.
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Having toyed around with it, I'd say it's perfect for parlour and stage, but not for close-up.

Thanks for that prompt feedback. It does indeed look perfect stage performers, just not for my application. Great offering nonetheless!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1612 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I have had this for 3 weeks now and I've been using it at my residencies! The reactions are awesome! I've put a few videos on my insta @jamie.daws.magic and you'll see the reactions it gets. It's perfect for close up situations if you use the hook ups taught on the instructions! It really is a brilliant bit of kit! Already in love with this!

Jamie Daws
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
920 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I need to get around and use mine.
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
305 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Is there any routines taught on the instructions?
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
17 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, jonxodus wrote:
Is there any routines taught on the instructions?

There are no certain routines taught, but rather instructions given on how to move, rise, fall, vanish and levitate objects with Scorpion. The rest is left to our imagination. However, some ideas are mentioned how to implement these effects into certain routines.
Zeno of Citium
View Profile
New user
i'm getting a circle jerkish feeling up in here
16 Posts

Profile of Zeno of Citium
If anybody want to sell their scorpion please pm me
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1612 Posts

Profile of JamieD
If you want to see if working in the real world, check out my instagram @jamie.daws.magic and I've put some videos from my residencies on there!

Jamie Daws
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
702 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Is there a thread pointing to the major differences between use of Scorpion vs. say The Geist by TI.

Just curious. Thank you.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1713 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
If you want to find out about all the plus and minus points

Go to you tube and see the latest E Kat review it is covered in full in the latest review
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, JamieD wrote:
I have had this for 3 weeks now and I've been using it at my residencies! The reactions are awesome! I've put a few videos on my insta @jamie.daws.magic and you'll see the reactions it gets. It's perfect for close up situations if you use the hook ups taught on the instructions! It really is a brilliant bit of kit! Already in love with this!

Jamie Daws

Are you saying the hook ups taught on the instructions will make it a worker for close situations? And it doesn't have to be dark?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1612 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Prankmonster, absolutely! I don't perform in particularly dark places. Standard restaurants with lots of natural light as well as artificial light. The hook up taught makes it fairly self contained and as soon as the magic happens, everything vanishes. Even if they go up to the table, there is nothing to find. It's a brilliant set up and very practical!

Jamie Daws
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
702 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Walk around compatible?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorpion by Bobby Motta (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL