The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Disable Google Drive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Pardon the question from a dinosaur, but I just realized that Google Drive has been archiving tons of my stuff for the past several years. I've never signed up for this and frankly find it galaxy-class annoying.

The instructions I found by... ummmm... googling for how to stop this nonsense weren't very helpful. At all. Can anyone help with this? I just want to stop what seems to be an automatic sync.

Thanks.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Use another browser? Explorer not Chrome.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I use Firefox on that computer.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So it seems Assad if my incredibly clever idea had absolutely no merit. Hmmm.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
?????????
www.georgefledo.net

Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
You have to learn to decrypt Danny's fat finger typing style Smile

Translation: "So is seems as if my incredibly clever idea had absolutely no merit. Hmmm..."

Not understanding your situation (or Google Drive) I did the following search (which you may have already performed). There are several variations and some youtube tutorials to boot.

Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir......e+drive+
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Assad was an idiotic thing to type.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
No worries. Blame it on autocorrect, which can also be annoying.

And thanks, Mike.
www.georgefledo.net

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can only shift so much blame to that. At some point I should check it prior to hitting submit.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Eventually, there will be nothing private, nothing private will be owned but the good news is that everything will be expertly controlled.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
The best way to stop google from tracking you is not to use it. Smart phone users will have problems but it is possible to set up smart phones, without google https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/using-android-without-google/ On a pc, your might try https://www.startpage.com/en/ as your goto search engine? It's the most secure search engine, on the web. Encrypt you data and anything with meta data should be striped before sending. I could go on page after page but don't have the time. Hope these few suggestion help you George?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, springs to mind. What is it they don’t know about George after Google Drive has been archiving tons of stuff on him for the past several years? As a fellow once said, "In cyberspace, everybody hears you scream."
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Well, for the most part what they know about me is the sets I've designed, the drawings I've sent, and the notes going back and forth. That's what I mostly use that account for.

Which is part of why I think it's ludicrous -- why would I need cloud storage for shows that closed years ago? Just because some twenty-something geek decided it was what we all needed. Get a life, Google.
www.georgefledo.net

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, tommy wrote:
Eventually, there will be nothing private, nothing private will be owned but the good news is that everything will be expertly controlled.

On the contrary, everything will be privately owned--but it will only be owned by a few non-accountable corporations.
And there will be a vast asymmetry between them and the rest of the public. They will know everything about us, we will know nothing about them.

https://www.amazon.com/Age-Surveillance-......10395697
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are you talking in future tense? Because a case can be made that it is already REALLY close.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is this about using a gmail account?

In order: Android, chrome, google analytics. Android devices really want you to have a gmail account. There are some settings for backups similar to apple's iOS and what Microsoft was offering.

Noscript and adblocker help.

Private contractors and ... but it would get depressing to discuss legislated crony capitalism and its toxic technology leaks such as cell phone tower emulators and general purpose modular software installers like stuxnet.

Google.com sign in, options...

* there are common internet background tasks to send your keystrokes even before you press enter or submit.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
They have one and half million NGOs in America alone, each one working on different aspects of the same agenda and by the time they have fished, you will wish you had the rights of a depressed tree.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Disable Google Drive? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL