The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Ello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

XavierTheConjurer
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of XavierTheConjurer
I've loved magic ever ever since my great-grandfather showed me my first parlor trick. He told me about magicians and about Harry Houdini. He was in the United States Navy during WW2 and is obviously a pretty avant-garde type guy considering he would be paying attention to magic and also wears traditional sailor tattoos.

He showed me my first display of magic and I've been captivated ever since. I’m not sure if my grandfather ever intended to be a fantastic magician or if he somehow acquired the tricks somewhere else, but with the few card tricks he showed me, my entire reality was altered. The whole situation and environment of the parlor was therefor...magical.

Two Decades later I love magic and I believe it is more than a hobby. The idea of being a magician is something I have always toyed with because saying you are a magician is like saying you are an artist and it is different then saying you are a Doctor.

I like the dirty old two card monte(David Blaine style)
Cups and balls
Penny and dime

I specifically have a fascination with cards. Any trick out of any book will satisfy my thirst for magical knowledge, but just for a moment because I am always seeking my next magical tabloid to highlight while having coffee and a smoke.

I live in NYC and I have the ability to stroll into a magic shop and showcase my magical knowledge and abilities to some of the best characters in the business.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3647 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome XavierTheConjurer,

I know what you mean about Magicians and Artists. For many it seems it is a part of their being rather than a hobby or job.

I love hearing about Kids experiencing wonder watching Magical Family members. I came to Magic late in life but hearing these stories makes me feel some of that experience vicariously.

I love deep practice too. It is like a form of meditation with the side benefit of improving your Magic (if it is good practice).

-Mary Mowder
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Welcome Xavier! You are lucky to be in the big apple, the most famous city in the US. Visit here often, and visit the NY magic shops and shows. You will be rewarded handsomely!
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of TomB
Welcome XavierTheConjurer to the Magic Café forum. It sounds like your great grandfather was a hero and a very cool guy. You are very blessed to have his influence in your life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Ello (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL