The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1654 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This was the video that started it all for me. Fooled me BADLY back in the day.



Madison
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wow. That was along time ago. It was filmed with a cine camera.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4846 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, Pete McCabe wrote:
Gdw (which I assume is you, Glenn),
This looks terrific. I've always had a personal hangup about restoring a playing card with creases. It's not really restored, at least, not to usable condition. I know this is a small point, but it means something to me. So I've always done T&R with a business card, or something else.

My question is, do you think I can learn to do Seamless with a business card? Or does it have to be a playing card?

TIA


It absolutely can be done with a business card (ask Eric Leclerc,) however the design on the card can play a factor.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2617 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I haven't had time to study the video, only test the files - but what I did see is very clever.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
539 Posts

Profile of travisb
Wait, what the heck is happening with the third piece in that old video?!

That's not possible with the method as explained in the new release...

Travis

P.S. This is great, practical and not as difficult as you might think (though not easy, I feel like I'll need nerve to pull it off live), and there is a fairly long and very useful section in the explanation about one of the principles involved that could easily have been its own download. Highly recommended.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1654 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, travisb wrote:
Wait, what the heck is happening with the third piece in that old video?!

That's not possible with the method as explained in the new release...

Travis

P.S. This is great, practical and not as difficult as you might think (though not easy, I feel like I'll need nerve to pull it off live), and there is a fairly long and very useful section in the explanation about one of the principles involved that could easily have been its own download. Highly recommended.



You are correct. In the current version, that isn’t possible because it requires something extra. But the new bit looks even better I think.

Madison
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
539 Posts

Profile of travisb
Okay, that's what I figured/hoped. Phew. Smile

And I do really like the new version's handling of the third piece, which on first watching was just as convincing as the way it happens in that older video, so to get basically the same effect with pure sleight of hand is pretty great.

Travis
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4846 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, travisb wrote:
Wait, what the heck is happening with the third piece in that old video?!

That's not possible with the method as explained in the new release...

Travis

P.S. This is great, practical and not as difficult as you might think (though not easy, I feel like I'll need nerve to pull it off live), and there is a fairly long and very useful section in the explanation about one of the principles involved that could easily have been its own download. Highly recommended.



Glad you like it, Travis!
That old video was something I was playing with and thought would make for a nice YT video, at the time.
The original principle that I came up with for the 3rd piece is the principle in the dl. It's been updated, and multiple touches and subtletiesadded to it, helping to sell it.
But I did not include the 'gimmicked' idea from the old video.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
stanz
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of stanz
Just got it. Have to say it's a great piece. It isn't easy, but I suspect it's probably not too hard either (will need to start practising to really know).

Glenn's teaching is top notch and very thorough - and his years of doing this shows. SEAMLESS is my favourite TNR one now in terms of method and how it looks (completely fooled me with the restoration of the last 2 pieces). Thanks for creating this Glenn!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4846 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, stanz wrote:
Just got it. Have to say it's a great piece. It isn't easy, but I suspect it's probably not too hard either (will need to start practising to really know).

Glenn's teaching is top notch and very thorough - and his years of doing this shows. SEAMLESS is my favourite TNR one now in terms of method and how it looks (completely fooled me with the restoration of the last 2 pieces). Thanks for creating this Glenn!


Thank you, and you're welcome! Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4846 Posts

Profile of gdw
Updated uncut performance of Seamless:

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1654 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Absolutely gorgeous. Better than ever!

Madison
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1977 Posts

Profile of Daren
Looks amazing!!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1977 Posts

Profile of Daren
Looks amazing!!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17276 Posts

Profile of joseph
Awesome! It makes the others 'seam less' impressive. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, joseph wrote:
Awesome! It makes the others 'seam less' impressive. Smile ...


Genius. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6273 Posts

Profile of RNK
Couldn't resist and glad I purchased this. The only downfall(for me) is that you will need a table to perform this. Definitely not a deal breaker because this is very good but does exclude using this during strolling situations when there is no table present. Angles are pretty good. No one behind you or standing directly to your sides. There is one bold move. The move is justified but still bold.

Glenn does a great job with the instructions in the tutorial video. Will I use it? Yes. Difficulty level? I would say if your card skills are intermediate, this won't take long to master.


RNK
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Just bought it.

Killer. I never really thought this plot could have a technical approach so far removed from the others.

But Mr. Glenn, you did it. The method is worth it just to find out what is going on.

I bought mine from Lost Art Magic. But if you want a tangible download, buy it from a site that actually allows you to. I made the mistake of not paying attention, and I have stream-only.

But--it got me a condescending response from them about not understanding evolving digital mediums. Retrograde consumer that I am.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1629 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
That looks incredible! I have no idea on how it works.

Is a table absolutely necessary?

I think I'll still purchase even if it is

Sleepy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4846 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, RNK wrote:
Couldn't resist and glad I purchased this. The only downfall(for me) is that you will need a table to perform this. Definitely not a deal breaker because this is very good but does exclude using this during strolling situations when there is no table present. Angles are pretty good. No one behind you or standing directly to your sides. There is one bold move. The move is justified but still bold.

Glenn does a great job with the instructions in the tutorial video. Will I use it? Yes. Difficulty level? I would say if your card skills are intermediate, this won't take long to master.


RNK


Thanks for your feed back.
I'll add that, although I teach some approaches working off the table (to set the deck down on,) I also cover multiple ways to do it without, ie standing with no table, et al.

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Just bought it.

Killer. I never really thought this plot could have a technical approach so far removed from the others.

But Mr. Glenn, you did it. The method is worth it just to find out what is going on.

I bought mine from Lost Art Magic. But if you want a tangible download, buy it from a site that actually allows you to. I made the mistake of not paying attention, and I have stream-only.

But--it got me a condescending response from them about not understanding evolving digital mediums. Retrograde consumer that I am.


Thanks you! I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I will add that, as I understand it, both Lost Art Magic and Ellusionist only have streaming available. So I do not believe there is a downloadable option available at any store atm.

I understand the desire to have a copy for yourself. Honestly, streaming is NOT my favorite way of learning either, but I do understand the way the market is moving, and why.

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
That looks incredible! I have no idea on how it works.

Is a table absolutely necessary?

I think I'll still purchase even if it is

Sleepy


A table is not necessary. Although I usually perform standing at a table, using the table to set the deck on, it is not the only way covered. If I recall correctly, I cover several methods/approaches, touching on multiple possible performing scenarios.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL