The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Not that I want to get involved with this, but what is a "reasonable standard?" Sounds pretty subjective.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, gdw wrote:
Not that I want to get involved with this, but what is a "reasonable standard?" Sounds pretty subjective.

To a standard that would fool laymen, but possibly not magi. I’m not expecting miracles but I’d be very interested to see how quickly owners are out and about performing this with confidence.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Too vague a description for me to buy. Glad I held off.

Might I ask what you found vague? And what you are happy for holding off over?

Er because I save money. I only perform magic that is workable in the real world. I know this isn’t.

Have to disagree with you, this is definitely workable in the real world. No doubt. (Not sure how you KNOW this isn't workable in the real world when you don't own it?) But has one limitation (need a table) and obviously you have to be aware of a few angles. I perform many effects that have same issues that are still awesome effects to perform.

Only need to add that it does NOT need a table, lol. I tend to rely on setting the deck on the table as it is the most common situation I perform in, but I cover multiple ways to do it that do not "need" this. Smile Smile

Ok. Watched more of the instructions. I see your point and a lot of times I do not perform with a jacket. And yes, I guess you can say that you do not need a jacket but without the jacket, I feel the other methods you mentioned will not look as natural or flowing. Hm. I will have to play around with it.

And Pegasus. Sorry, a few days will not work for me. I am assuming you have been around in magic long enough to know this is not going to work for you. But, fortunately, lol, everyone is not you and things that don't work for you may work for others. I feel this will work, for me, but have to play around with it to be sure.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
LOL, NO ONE should be performing an entirely sleight of hand based routine several days after watching the instructions.
You should be practicing for MONTHS before you're ready. Hell, even for NON self working tricks, you should at least put a few weeks of work in before even THINKING about doing it for "real" audiences.

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The truth is coming out in the wash now. Lol. Months of practice. Knew it. That wasn’t mentioned in the add was it?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I said that was a standard for getting ANY pure sleight of hand based routine audience ready, not specifically Seamless. Any pro will tell you something similar. Again, even for NON sleight of hand effects, if you think it's audience ready after a few days, you're simply not ready.

The copy for Seamless Was clear this was SLEIGHT OF HAND. Shouldn't need to spell out that sleight of hand takes practice.

If you thought you could learn it over night and be performing in a few days, well that's just objectively unreasonable expectations.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I said that was a standard for getting ANY pure sleight of hand based routine audience ready, not specifically Seamless. Any pro will tell you something similar. Again, even for NON sleight of hand effects, if you think it's audience ready after a few days, you're simply not ready.

The copy for Seamless Was clear this was SLEIGHT OF HAND. Shouldn't need to spell out that sleight of hand takes practice.

If you thought you could learn it over night and be performing in a few days, well that's just objectively unreasonable expectations.

Those who perform for money understand this gdw. Heck, most logical people who don't perform for money understand this as well. I believe you have been around here long enough and should understand about Pegasus and his posts. Not to say Pegasus sometimes doesn't have some interesting things to conteibute but we all know how he enjoys to stir the pot.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I definitely agree with Glen here.

"If you don't love to practice, for God's sake find another hobby."

Heck, I've been rehearsing an opening routine for the past month that has zero sleight of hand at all.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
On a more positive note, here are some thoughts (reviews over on E) from some people who think some practice is more than worth it Smile

100%
by Lucas
Mar 2019

A FANTASTIC product! One of the best TNR effects on the market, right next to face off. I'd even say you could use them both in the same routine.
Though it will take a lot of practice; the effect is worth it due to its tricky and convincing nature. The overall production value and explanation of the download is phenomenal. Along with the details and tips of how to make this effect the best it can be, along with your own; he basically has an entire section on separate tricks that can help lead you into the effect. A fantastic TNR with a beginner crash course in signature duplication, performance tips and ideas, and a very well fleshed out instruction. Highly recommend!

100%
by Byron
Mar 2019

A clever and deceiving TNR. His teaching is fantastic which is a plus since there are many subtleties and small details used to make this look perfect. Covering the angles is taught throughout as well. Definitely will need a lot of practice since it is just pure sleight of hand. A killer effect for sure!

100%
by marco
Mar 2019

Wow. I highly recommend it! If you have tried other TNR effects before, it will not be too hard. This will be the one that I will learn and keep.

100%
by Chris
Mar 2019

Wow! Just got this...and I gotta say, I'm having sooo much FUN messing around with it. To be honest, I've left T&R alone for so long now cuz many just felt repackaged as "new." But this is so FRESH! I'm loving the sleights, nuances, and geez...just the way this looks in the mirror baby! 5 stars...practice makes perfect with this one.

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Learn Seamless IMMEDIATELY

What does that message imply to the unsuspecting? That’s it’s an instant download, or you’ll learn how to do it immediately? I suspect the latter.

I personally think there’s better versions out there, that are more workable, and cheaper. You just gotta look.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, WitchDocChris wrote:

"If you don't love to practice, for God's sake find another hobby."

Well, you have to do it, but you don't have to love it, although many magicians do.
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Quote:

Ok. Watched more of the instructions. I see your point and a lot of times I do not perform with a jacket. And yes, I guess you can say that you do not need a jacket but without the jacket, I feel the other methods you mentioned will not look as natural or flowing. Hm. I will have to play around with it.

I love the effect, but I'm also hung up on the table/jacket part.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, gamma105 wrote:
Quote:

I love the effect, but I'm also hung up on the table/jacket part.

Yes! Hopefully after working with it for a little while we can figure out another way....
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
Learn Seamless IMMEDIATELY

What does that message imply to the unsuspecting? That’s it’s an instant download, or you’ll learn how to do it immediately? I suspect the latter.

I personally think there’s better versions out there, that are more workable, and cheaper. You just gotta look.

LOL, you knew EXACTLY what it meant on the first page: "Learn Seamless IMMEDIATELY.

ie it’s a download."

Is your argument that other people aren't as smart as you? That the average magician is too stupid to understand something you understood so clearly and, um, immediately. Smile

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
It may be in French, but here's another review:

https://blogmagie.fr/seamless-glenn-west/

Terrificize
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Terrificize
Just watched the whole thing. I must say that the level of dedication to details is fascinating and will allow any experienced magician to chase for similar results with enough practice.
15 years later this came a long way I'm sure. I've worked on a torn and restored bill, in which the bill is torn in a natural way and got lost in plenty detail and applications.
I'll definitely be performing this, though have to wait and see how much practice there is to put in.
Just like the Mobius Switch, I love this effect and thank you GDW for your dedication to the art!
Sven
Ramon M
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ramon M
I bought it, and also like it.
Like similar effects, this is not easy.
You're managing different pieces, and there are angles to cover and moves which require some precision.
But,
I think that this is a version of this effect which can be done more casual then many others.
It is because there is a lot of purposeful motion which actually adds to the feel of continuation of the effect on different levels.
When done well, it becomes an efficient choreography which can tell the audience, he/ she clearly tore the cards, I heard them ripping, then the pieces somehow melted together and then I got my card back.
There is in a way less emphases on every part of the restoration because of that flow, which is a good thing imo.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This looks amazing in Glens hands. The best I have seen in a very long time
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The best I’ve seen. So creative and different than every other version. No one will put in the work to master this one but pay the $20 just to see how creative this is and reward Glenn for his unbelievable creativity. Phases 3 and 4 are wild.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
The truth is coming out in the wash now. Lol. Months of practice. Knew it. That wasn’t mentioned in the add was it?

Well it wasnt as bad as Ellusionist's How to do Street Magic Ad Copy

Quote:
Order the amazing video that teaches powerful impossible street magic. Perform incredible street tricks the same day. You'll perform your first trick in an hour....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL