The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If you have a half decent Nvidia GTX card then you can simply record any on screen content.
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
I shouldn't say it but you can always download vimeo content, even if the download button is deactivated. Just right click on the frame (i.e. next to your video in the page) and select "This Frame->View frame source". It will open a new tab with the frame source code. Ctrl+F and search for mp4. There you have the download link, just copy it into a new tab and you will have the downloadable video. I respect the streaming choice, but for the money I don't trust any cloud service so I keep a backup HDD with all the videos from my purchases.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1405 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Glenn, that is just incredible.
That final piece particularly is just brilliant.

I'm putting a new show together and this may well work really well in my show.

Joel

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, gdw wrote:
Updated uncut performance of Seamless:

www.northernmiracles.com

Support me on Patreon
Miracle Studio : https://www.patreon.com/miraclestudio
Terrificize
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Terrificize
@gdw - It has been addressed before I believe that the same principle could be applied to business cards. How about receipts, bills and other materials?
Sven
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Terrificize wrote:
@gdw - It has been addressed before I believe that the same principle could be applied to business cards. How about receipts, bills and other materials?
Sven

There are parts that you could probably apply, but other parts definitely work best with something slightly stiffer, and thicker.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Quote:
Thanks you! I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I will add that, as I understand it, both Lost Art Magic and Ellusionist only have streaming available. So I do not believe there is a downloadable option available at any store atm.

My buddy received a download. But either way, I'll have the information at hand. I've watched it through the initial explanation.-
You've made a sea-change in the genre. I've performed "The Reformation" for many years. I'm going to enjoy this journey.

I've happily spent my money on your approach.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Quote:
Thanks you! I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I will add that, as I understand it, both Lost Art Magic and Ellusionist only have streaming available. So I do not believe there is a downloadable option available at any store atm.

My buddy received a download. But either way, I'll have the information at hand. I've watched it through the initial explanation.-
You've made a sea-change in the genre. I've performed "The Reformation" for many years. I'm going to enjoy this journey.

I've happily spent my money on your approach.

I guess E might have a dl. They don't let me in on the technical crap.

But a "sea-change," that's very flattering, I'm glad you're happy with your purchase!

smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Hi all who have this amazing effect
I understand that I shall need to practice; I'm not averse !
Just wondering how knucklebusting to have it look really good
for a beginner/intermediate Card person...
Thanx
Michael
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6442 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, smikey12000 wrote:
Hi all who have this amazing effect
I understand that I shall need to practice; I'm not averse !
Just wondering how knucklebusting to have it look really good
for a beginner/intermediate Card person...
Thanx
Michael

IMO, nothing really knuckle-busting in the whole routine. A beginner can easily get this with some practice.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2616 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yes, Ellusionist has the download.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Oh come ON, already???

Smile Smile

Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1562 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I don't like being the first somewhat negative review, but this is not for me. I think many will purchase and not perform this because of whats involved with restoring the final piece. Its a shame because it looks so good in the demo. I have played with literally just about every torn and restored card for the past 20 or so years so I know the plot very well. I will be sticking with Hollingworth's "reformation" and Garcia's "torn". IMO they just cant be touched.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, Bobby Forbes wrote:
I don't like being the first somewhat negative review, but this is not for me. I think many will purchase and not perform this because of whats involved with restoring the final piece. Its a shame because it looks so good in the demo. I have played with literally just about every torn and restored card for the past 20 or so years so I know the plot very well. I will be sticking with Hollingworth's "reformation" and Garcia's "torn". IMO they just cant be touched.

Thanks for your honest feedback.
That one move can certainly takes some confidence, but it is definitely do able. Hopefully you still found something to take away in the other material taught on the video.

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Too vague a description for me to buy. Glad I held off.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Might I ask what you found vague? And what you are happy for holding off over?

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, gdw wrote:
Quote:

Er because I save money. I only perform magic that is workable in the real world. I know this isn’t.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6442 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Er because I save money. I only perform magic that is workable in the real world. I know this isn’t.

Have to disagree with you, this is definitely workable in the real world. No doubt. (Not sure how you KNOW this isn't workable in the real world when you don't own it?) But has one limitation (need a table) and obviously you have to be aware of a few angles. I perform many effects that have same issues that are still awesome effects to perform.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"I know this isn’t." Sorry to tell you you're wrong there, lol. I know it IS workable in the real world, as I have done so countless times. If you don't think YOU can work it in the real world, that's different, and I fully respect that.

There are many other BEAUTIFUL T&Rs out there that may be better suited for you. Garcia's Torn is probably more what you're looking for, and I HIGHLY recommend it.
I'd also recommend Guy Hollingworth's book as essential reading, but if you don't feel comfortable performing something like Seamless IRL, you'll probably be beyond intimidated by the VAST majority of the material in his book, including Reformation.

That said, if you already HAVE read his book, and do ANY of the material within, then Seamless should be a breeze for you to do in real life.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4861 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Have to disagree with you, this is definitely workable in the real world. No doubt. (Not sure how you KNOW this isn't workable in the real world when you don't own it?) But has one limitation (need a table) and obviously you have to be aware of a few angles. I perform many effects that have same issues that are still awesome effects to perform.

Only need to add that it does NOT need a table, lol. I tend to rely on setting the deck on the table as it is the most common situation I perform in, but I cover multiple ways to do it that do not "need" this. Smile Smile

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Come on then RNK. If you post a video of you performing this to a reasonable standard, I’ll buy it. Ok? And I’ll pay for yours too. How’s that? And, no, not in 6 months time but in the next few days if it’s that doable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL