The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I'm not sure if Glenn remembers, but I used to IM with him back in the day on a semi-regular basis. I remember having the original Seamless pdf and learning the routine back then. It was the sort of things that was just fun to practice and I remember still how to do it as taught in the pdf. That said, I will probably get the download still as I would love to see it taught visually in high quality video
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hey Christopher, good to hear from you!

There are many handling touches, tweaks and imo improvements, as well as new routines for the sig part, that are updated from the pdf. Not to mention just going into deeper detail in everything, lol.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Glenn perform this for me at the local magic shop a good 10 years back...and when he showed it to me I was well-versed with the many different versions of the torn and restored card.

I was thrown off and plain out dumbfounded at how magical this was and Glenn made me feel like I was witnessing real magic.

What threw me off is he didn’t fold it up and crease it ...he simply had me initial the card and handed me this I O U a card if this doesn’t work or something and then he just started tearing it in pieces.. I imediately thought he wasn’t going to do a torn and restored card effect because he just screwed himself if he was (and these were my thoughts I remember very clearly)

And then he started framing it as if he was going to restore the pieces...I remember thinking to myself “no way”... well he restored every last piece and then the last one I just felt almost as if my heart stopped for a second when I looked at my initials and he handed me the card back with absolutely no seams in it and it was brand new like state... I was awestruck ..I was blown away and anyone who doesn’t think this is practical and not doable in the real world is sadly mistaken.

In my opinion it is the best torn and restored card in history of magic and I don’t feel at this time in this modern day that anyone has anything that will come close to it.

I have no interest in debating with anybody here...I just speak the truth and just sharing my own opinion as we are all entitled to that .. take it for what it’s worth and be on your Way with or without it Smile

Great work on this Glenn ..very happy to see you release this In Download form.

Cheers all

Darryl V
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Oh, wow, Darryl. That is just so insanely flattering. I don't know what to say Smile Smile Smile

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I'm starting to get this. The final phase has me a bit flustered, but I'll get it.
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Yay Glenn!!! I was wondering when this would drop. Congrats on finally getting it out there.

I had fun filming this with you. I cannot believe it was like 8 years ago!?!? Longer if you count our first couple of attempts.

Cheers!

-gC Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Glenn,

Any plans on releasing your color changing deck? That might be the greatest effect I've ever seen. I have it from Series of Unfortunate Effects, but a more thorough treatment would be outstanding!

- Blurry
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, gdw wrote:
On a more positive note, here are some thoughts (reviews over on E) from some people who think some practice is more than worth it Smile

You missed some, so here they are:

80%
by Tony
Mar 2019

I think the effect is great and the video is high quality and Glenn gives other effects to duplicate a signature but I give it 4 stars because I couldn't really pull this off because I have small hands so if you have small hands probably don't buy this

100%
by Steve L.
Mar 2019

Seamless delivers exactly what it promises: an amazing TNR using only sleight of hand.

Pros: Excellent teaching of the effect, covers multiple scenarios (e.g., signature, impromptu, etc.)

Cons: Will require lots of practice to master angles, impromptu method will require some careful planning to work into existing routines
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, McScratchy wrote:
Yay Glenn!!! I was wondering when this would drop. Congrats on finally getting it out there.

I had fun filming this with you. I cannot believe it was like 8 years ago!?!? Longer if you count our first couple of attempts.

Cheers!

-gC Smile

Thanks gC! Had a blast filming this with you, both times, or was it 3?? I can't remember now, lol.
Great to hear from you again!

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2019, Ron Giesecke wrote:
I'm starting to get this. The final phase has me a bit flustered, but I'll get it.

I may, or may not, (probably may,) be working on something that could, or could not, be what you need. . . or don't need.

Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, blurrylines wrote:
Glenn,

Any plans on releasing your color changing deck? That might be the greatest effect I've ever seen. I have it from Series of Unfortunate Effects, but a more thorough treatment would be outstanding!

- Blurry

Thanks Blurry! That is certainly something I have thought about. There are also some more ideas I have on some of the moves in this routine worth going more in depth on.

Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, gdw wrote:
On a more positive note, here are some thoughts (reviews over on E) from some people who think some practice is more than worth it Smile

You missed some, so here they are:

80%
by Tony
Mar 2019

I think the effect is great and the video is high quality and Glenn gives other effects to duplicate a signature but I give it 4 stars because I couldn't really pull this off because I have small hands so if you have small hands probably don't buy this

100%
by Steve L.
Mar 2019

Seamless delivers exactly what it promises: an amazing TNR using only sleight of hand.

Pros: Excellent teaching of the effect, covers multiple scenarios (e.g., signature, impromptu, etc.)

Cons: Will require lots of practice to master angles, impromptu method will require some careful planning to work into existing routines

Thank you for sharing these! The response has been over whelming and heartwarming.

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
So is it true that if you have small hands, you will have trouble doing this?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, Ray Haining wrote:

I don't know, but the notion of small hands making palming too hard is fallacious.
I've seen kids with hands smaller than my daughter's do things I can't dream of doing, lol.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, gdw wrote:
Quote:

I don't know, but the notion of small hands making palming too hard is fallacious.
I've seen kids with hands smaller than my daughter's do things I can't dream of doing, lol.

Jay Sankey has some of the smallest hands I've seen for an adult and he does an excellent Palm!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, gdw wrote:
Quote:

Jay Sankey has some of the smallest hands I've seen for an adult and he does an excellent Palm!

On one of his videos Jay Sankey said his hands are about the same size as racoon paws.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw

mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:

Let me help you with that

Measure your hand against Lee Ashers.

Step 1: Click here to enlarge Lee Ashers hand to normal size.
Step 2: Put your hand to the computer screen and compare sizes.

The old adage is true. Men with small hands...
(scroll down).

Wear small gloves.

It has nothing to do with the size of your hands - it's all about PRACTICE!

Step 3: Now go practice.

Looking for something to practice? Click here to learn cool magic tricks.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:

Let me help you with that

Measure your hand against Lee Ashers.

Step 1: Click here to enlarge Lee Ashers hand to normal size.
Step 2: Put your hand to the computer screen and compare sizes.

The old adage is true. Men with small hands...
(scroll down).

Wear small gloves.

It has nothing to do with the size of your hands - it's all about PRACTICE!

Step 3: Now go practice.

Looking for something to practice? Click here to learn cool magic tricks.

Thank you! I've always found this to be rather effective. And if that's not convincing enough for anyone, 2 words, Mahdi Gilbert.*

*Let it be noted that neither Lee Asher, nor Mahdi Gilbert perform Seamless . . . as far as I know. They could, as far as I know. Hell, Mahdi blew me away with his Invisible Palm routine.

Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
This thread has been quiet for a while, but just wanted to say thank you to Glenn for releasing this. I have been doing Garcia's Torn for a while, but yours looks fantastic. When I watched the explanation and saw it was organic and no set-up or any other pre-show needed, I was thrilled even more. The slights appear to be within my grasp (not too difficult) which is another plus!

I plan on learning your T&R this week as it looks absolutely like real magic and I cant wait to start performing it. Thank you.
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Just downloaded this - beautiful effect and great teaching from Glenn West. Very thorough, relaxed and clear. Well shot - all the angles. Actually felt like a tutorial with the creator - rather than one of those 'studio setups'. Now to start practising! Great work Mr. West!
Themagicguy4
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Themagicguy4
Anyone who've been playing with this came up with a good way to restore that last piece without a table? needing a table for this is the biggest drawback of this effect and why I haven't been performing it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Seamless by Glenn West @Ellusionist & Lost Art Magic (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL