The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Funny little packet trick. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Have someone remove four cards and shuffle them. Take the packet back and do a double showing say the Ace of spades. Say this is the card they have shuffled to the top and the one they should keep their eye on then turn the double face down and fairly spread the four cards. Take the top card (their card??) face down and place it second from bottom. Close up as fairly as possible. Now do a triple lift to show the card supposedly on top now, in this case the nine of hearts and say whatever you do don’t pick this one. Turn triple face down. Now spread the cards very fairly and ask them to point to the Ace. They should point to the third card down which will be the one they are not meant to pick and their card will be on top where the other card should be. It’s a nice little impromptu routine.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Bob G
This is cute, Stickmondoo. It sounds like it could be part of a larger routine. You've just told them, "Whatever you do, don't pick the nine of hearts, and then they do! So... what are the consequences of that choice? It reminds me of fairy stories (Don't open that box, don't enter the forbidden room...), so I'd think your trick could lead into second trick which displays the consequences of choosing the "forbidden" card.

That's as far as I've gotten in my thinking. Let me know if you come up with something.

See you,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Funny little packet trick. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL