The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Lock by Michael Murray (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2122 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I have the medium Dead Lock version and I can vouch it’s perfect, Olly

I too like the medium size, the clear numbers and how it handles.

Definitely my best purchase of the year.

Neil
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
So pleased to hear that everyone is enjoying using this!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4433 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I am tempted with the smaller size as I do actually like the idea of attaching it to my key chain... which do people prefer overall? Medium or Original?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
I have the small version and really like to carry it with me as a keychain. Together with the Mystery Calendar which is in my wallet, they give me nice mentalism routine with mind reading and prediction.

Here is a video demo for a possible routine combining them:
https://youtu.be/_zuHYHzoMT4

Probably I will buy also the middle size for parlor and stage performances.
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I always carry the original small one with me where ever I go as I carry my keys on it. Presently the small are the only ones in stock too but I am hoping that will change this week Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Me too, small is awesome to carry in the keychain everyday.

LOVE IT! Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I am happy to report that I had a nice delivery of the locks today and now have all sizes and variants in other than the Large US (which are due soon).

I hope that everyone is having great fun with this (I am also working on a second volume of the free pdf instructional book which will contain further thoughts, insights and ideas for this item).

Best Wishes Michael

kazpet
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of kazpet
How does this lock from Hocus Pocus compare to Dead Lock https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/produc......em=56019
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Locked for Life

I did wonder about this effect . As it looks identical to Michaels “Deadlock”
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Locked for Life is different and unfortunately it is like a bad joke to me... The same numbers padlock and same effect is on the market everywhere from years and it’s price is about 15 usd... Now they sell it for 60 usd!?? You can find it everywhere with different names (including ebay, amazon and chinese magic shops for 12-16 usd...).
For example:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Combination-Pro......76PDBB3R
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, hektormagic wrote:
Locked for Life is different and unfortunately it is like a bad joke to me... The same numbers padlock and same effect is on the market everywhere from years and it’s price is about 15 usd... Now they sell it for 60 usd!?? You can find it everywhere with different names (including ebay, amazon and chinese magic shops for 12-16 usd...).
For example:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Combination-Pro......76PDBB3R

Err just because you can see it in Chinese magic shops [and on ebay/amazon - from chinese sellers?] for $15 - that does not mean that the $60 price is a bad joke of a price

there's a great chance that the $60 is both better made, and you are buying it off the actual creator - rather than a knock off

It may not be the case here, but your assumption about the price difference is flawed thinking
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Since I have had so many e-mails and pm's asking about the differences between my lock and 'Locked for Life' I thought it may be best to give the following insight -

Firstly, Locked for Life is not a new product, but in-fact was released under that title by Magicbox in March 2005 (this was originally made by a gentleman called Frank Hudson who sadly passed away after a few years of producing them) since then Magicbox found someone else who could produce them and as such brought them back to the market (although I believe that permission was granted by Franks family for this, recent investigation has left me unsure either way if Frank was the first to produce gimmicked locks of this specification (see below for further info)).

Since I used to work at Magicbox I actually owned this item and used it personally for many years, there is no doubting that it is indeed a great effect and although I had great success with it I wanted to make the routine even more personal and thought that if I could predict the specific DAY and MONTH that a participant was born or perhaps married (which is made possible with Dead Lock) then this would be far more impossible than just a year.

Having been working on an entirely prop-less DOB divination effect it dawned on me that I could combine elements from my ventures with this, with a new way of gimmicking a lock to produce the desired result. Which not only allows you to intuit the day and month that the participant is born, but also allows a role reversal and allows them to intuit yours (should you wish). Using my prop-less additions, in many instances it is also possible to reveal specific numbers that the participant is thinking of before they even attempt to open the lock with them.

In short, if you prefer to use a year, go for Locked for Life and if you prefer to use the specific day and month then Dead Lock is the one for you. I should also add that if you are working on stage then Dream Lock is a fantastic choice too (all three work differently).

With reference to the two posts above, my research into gimmicked locks did highlight that there are many locks that exist using the same methodology as Locked for Life, these include -

LuvRs Lock (from Mighells Illusion)
Lovers Lock
Mental Prediction Padlock
The Wedding Ring Trick
Perfect Combination
Combination Padlock Mystery

From what I have read on the Café these locks seem to have existed since at least 2003 and I am personally unsure which came first between them.

Best Wishes to All Michael

novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, kazpet wrote:
How does this lock from Hocus Pocus compare to Dead Lock https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/produc......em=56019

Michael has provided a very thoughtful comparison just above. The bottom line is that the methodology is the same except that one predicts day/month and the other predicts year. I'd like to add, though, that Dead Lock also comes with Michael's extremely extensive PDF guide (which incorporates his own ideas and many submitted by customers) and a very active private Facebook group. It's also hard to put a price on Michael's stellar customer service and ethics.

I picked up the year-based lock at Magic Live last year for $35, so I was initially put off by the idea of paying twice as much (including shipping) for Dead Lock. This was especially true since I'm in the US where the month comes first, making the difference between the two locks that much less. But once I realized I was also joining a community of ideas, I was very happy to make what initially felt like a duplicate purchase. I would even go so far as to say that if you already own a year-based lock, it would be worth it to purchase Dead Lock just to get the PDF and Facebook group even if you never actually use both locks.
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
The Duster, the “bad joke” is not only about the price, but about that the SAME effect is on the market FROM YEARS, so it not looks serious the same effect and same gimmick to be offered as something new (with muuuch expensive price). I have this effect and padlock from many years, ordered from different places and believe me - the quality is great. So when I saw that this padlock and effect which are on the market long time ago and with price about 15 usd, now are offered for 60 without any improvement or something new - yes, this looks as a bad joke. And this is not the first case where somebody take an already existing product/effect and put it on the market with bigger price.
I don’t know is this the same case here and what is the full history behind the effect but these facts should be announced.

As Murray wrote - this effect and gimmick was know with different names long time ago. I can add to his list also the names: Prediction Lock and Induction Coded Lock.

The Dead Lock is something different which can be used for exact date (day and month) or (the US version) also for time (hour and minutes). The other old versions quoted above (same as Locked for Life) are to be used for prediction/revelation years. So depends of what routine performer want to present, he can choose. All of them are good depending what you want.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Happy to say that all sizes and variants are now in stock (including the large US for those that were waiting).

Best Wishes Michael

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4433 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I know it isn't possible, but would love a feature where there could be an ultimate lock on the numbers where no number opens them. I have them on my keys and literally as I walked through the door yesterday the lock came off in my hand as I had triggered the unlock. It has been on my keys for the last week or so completely fine, but it did alert me to the issue that it could one day come off if I am not paying attention. Anyone got any tips to ensure if never comes off?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I have indeed and have pm'd you Smile

rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1205 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, celebrity wrote:
I have indeed and have pm'd you Smile

Has this tip been put on the fb group ?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1469 Posts

Profile of 252life
Almost lost mine that way. Now I'm half neurotic checking for it lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
I know it isn't possible, but would love a feature where there could be an ultimate lock on the numbers where no number opens them. I have them on my keys and literally as I walked through the door yesterday the lock came off in my hand as I had triggered the unlock. It has been on my keys for the last week or so completely fine, but it did alert me to the issue that it could one day come off if I am not paying attention. Anyone got any tips to ensure if never comes off?

I'd also love a solution to this - Ive had to stop keeping mine on my keys as Ive almost lost it umpteen times..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Lock by Michael Murray (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL