The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I'm getting married! Levitating flower? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sel
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Sel
Hey any recommendations for making a flower float/levitate towards my bride for my big day.
I am more of a card magician than anything else
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you have not worked on this a year or more, then it is to late for a last minute magic effect. It would look silly at this point. Have you discussed with your lady, if she wanted to be a magician's assistant as a side career. Remember this special day is her day, just like the rest of your life, living for her and any off spring you create.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
What Bill said. No need for magic tricks during your wedding. You want it to all be about her.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
854 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
What they both said^^^^^^^^^^ No doubt............
Maybe save a s&s for the reception, sumthin' quick. (it is your wifes bigggest day tho). Don't screw it up w/ "tricks"... 👍👍👍 "CONGRATULATIONS! 👈👈👈
Sel
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Sel
Thanks for your replies. The wedding is 18 months away and she loves magic. I thought it would be a cool thing to do and make the day even more magical. I did some magic when we first met Smile
It is all about her so really wanted to do this for her and not have her be my assistant at all.
I guess this is not possible to do without her knowing how it is done :-(

I can come up with a different effect, perhaps make flowers magically appear rather than levitate across to her Smile

What’s an s&s?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sel, what you are thinking of doing would be like doing Blackstone's Floating Light Bulb in a great theater, that is if you are going to get married in a Church. It would be even harder to do in a smaller environment like a house or almost impossible outdoors.

You could look at the Floating Rose as well, by Kevin James, think of using that routine as is, or substitute the Flash rose for a real one. Again, it would require some thought on the placement of candle sticks, and the person performing the ceremony. In a church the lighting problems may be good or bad depending on time of day and the position of the sun's light coming in the windows.

It could be done, but I have no idea if you have the knowledge to and understood what I just suggested. This is for all purposes Stage Magic, and if you have only done Close-up, You will have to do a lot of research and learning in stage magic.

It is a lot to do, just for a few a minute of mystery. You will have to also change the mood music, during this time.

Yes everyone on stage will have to in on this miracle. The Kevin James version, just the minister and you.

I think this could be a real fantastic event, and something talked about for the rest of your life, as well as the attendees. You could be on national news and a YouTube sensation if you film it properly.

It is all about how much you want to put into this, to accomplish what you envision.

Dave Powell has an appearing rose, it is not real, but it is flash production. That may work for something instant, but not as great as I have outlined above.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Sel
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Sel
Thank you Bill.
I will have a think as to what may be best. Perhaps I will not do any magic in the end as it’s a magical day anyway. We shall see Smile
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I pm'ed you the mechanics. I think if she likes magic, a quick float to her, would be a memorable and short moment.
Sel
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Sel
Thank you
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Maestro
If you were going to do it I would strongly advise doing it at the reception and not the ceremony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I'm getting married! Levitating flower? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL