The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ori Ascher Mavoch (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Almost finished working on Ori Ascher's book 'Mavoch'. I think it earns its place amongst the ranks of the best 'surefire propless' releases out there. Ori has some smart thinking and is very much a name to watch, and I think this book will cement his reputation amongst the community. And for the record I've proofed and edited the material but I have no other stake in it, and Ori hasn't asked me to post about it. I just think that Ori is a real craftsman and this book deserves to find its audience. I wish him every success with it. (Before anyone asks I have no idea when he plans to release it but I think it will be soon, based on its imminent completion. And also before anyone asks - it has multiple techniques and routines in it, that lead to multiple propless pin code divinations. I'll leave Ori to decide when he gives further detail.)
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1567 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Sounds very interesting
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Thanks for the heads up, Steve. Eyes peeled.

Regards,
-AH
TheDBK
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TheDBK
Yep. Same here.
I am actually excited!
K
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Thank you very much for the interest guys! I'm seriously humbled by this post.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me on facebook (Ori Ascher) or post them here and I will make the effort to answer as soon as I can Smile
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Hi Ori,

My questions are:

-Hard copy or PDF?
-When might you release?
-Price range?

Thanks,
Adam
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Adam Hince wrote:
Hi Ori,

My questions are:

-Hard copy or PDF?
-When might you release?
-Price range?

Thanks,
Adam


Hey Adam! Your interest is much appreciated.
With that said, non of the above was officialy decided yet. As I don't want to get into promises that I might not be able to keep, I prefer to only answer the second question vaguely: couple of months, hopefully Smile
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Ori Ascher wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, Adam Hince wrote:
Hi Ori,

My questions are:

-Hard copy or PDF?
-When might you release?
-Price range?

Thanks,
Adam


Hey Adam! Your interest is much appreciated.
With that said, non of the above was officialy decided yet. As I don't want to get into promises that I might not be able to keep, I prefer to only answer the second question vaguely: couple of months, hopefully Smile


I can appreciate not wanting to put that type of info out there.

Thanks,
AH
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, swood wrote:
Almost finished working on Ori Ascher's book 'Mavoch'. I think it earns its place amongst the ranks of the best 'surefire propless' releases out there. Ori has some smart thinking and is very much a name to watch, and I think this book will cement his reputation amongst the community. And for the record I've proofed and edited the material but I have no other stake in it, and Ori hasn't asked me to post about it. I just think that Ori is a real craftsman and this book deserves to find its audience. I wish him every success with it. (Before anyone asks I have no idea when he plans to release it but I think it will be soon, based on its imminent completion. And also before anyone asks - it has multiple techniques and routines in it, that lead to multiple propless pin code divinations. I'll leave Ori to decide when he gives further detail.)


Thanks Steve, this sounds like it will be well worth checking out.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
jasontheillusionist
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jasontheillusionist
I am excited for this release as well. Ori and I have been friends for a short while and I have got to say this guy has an incredible way of thinking.

I have said it before and I still believe it to be true. Ori Ascher is a name to be watched in Mentalism. I have gotten the pleasure to jam some ideas with Ori and I am here to tell you that you are in for a treat when this does get released. This will be one you do not want to miss.

When I heard that Ori was working with my good friend Steve, I knew that he had made the right choice. Steve has an amazing way of thinking. He has a way of taking a great effect and making it devastating. I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this beautiful piece of propless Mentalism.
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2019, jasontheillusionist wrote:
I am excited for this release as well. Ori and I have been friends for a short while and I have got to say this guy has an incredible way of thinking.

I have said it before and I still believe it to be true. Ori Ascher is a name to be watched in Mentalism. I have gotten the pleasure to jam some ideas with Ori and I am here to tell you that you are in for a treat when this does get released. This will be one you do not want to miss.

When I heard that Ori was working with my good friend Steve, I knew that he had made the right choice. Steve has an amazing way of thinking. He has a way of taking a great effect and making it devastating. I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this beautiful piece of propless Mentalism.



Thank you Jason! It seriously means a ton buddy Smile
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
An update- the book is in its final stages and expected to have a release date soon.

I might be posting a "table of contents" list soon as well, if there's an interest.

I'm also doing a round of demonstrations of some of the effects, to give the community a taste of what this is all about. If you want to have a nice chat, PM me in here or on facebook and we'll schedule a time Smile

Ori.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1567 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I would like a table of contents , would help me decide whether to buy the book or not
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Table of contents:

Foreword by Sraya Ascher

Foreword by Steve Wood

Introduction

Credits

A Holy Grail

The Learning System

Techniques and Outs:
-The Eureka Principle
-The Corridor Ploy
-TNT
-A Single Digit Divination
-Hearing Her by Reza Mathew Mikhaeil
-The 'Repeat It' Ploy
-Peter Turner's Two-Way Out Billet
-The Intuition Test

Entering the Maze...:
-DOS - A two-digit divination
-Pin My Thoughts V1 - A reverse pin guess
-Pin My Thoughts V2 - Another reverse pin guess

Inside the Watchtower - Observational Thoughts
-"Is It Real?" - A new answer to an old question
-"No" for an answer - Using the "No" as a tool
-Is it a One or a Five? - Differentiating between two options is easier than you think
-What's 'surefire'? - My opinion on reliable, propless routines
-Choosing a participant for a mathematics dependent routine

Into the Deep:
-Mavoch 1.0 - The easy(ish) take on the four-digit divination
-Mavoch 2.0 - The medium take on the four-digit divination
-Mavoch 3.0 - The hard take on the four-digit divination
-If the first two digits are the same
-Stage variation

Bonus Section (will be for the Limited Edition, not sure how many copies yet):
-Evening the Odds
-Retro
-Eno
-Two-Way Out Subtlety
-A Little Snippet by Luke Turner
-Trading Thoughts
-Streamlining the Signs by Mitchell Kettlewell

Exiting the Maze...:
-Finishing and digesting the journey
-Thanks

The book includes ideas by Michael Murray, Steve Wood and more.
There are quite a few videos featuring performances, subtleties and additional thoughts.
This will be sold through MindFx, at least at the beginning.
Hope this helps!
Ori.
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Ori Ascher wrote:
An update- the book is in its final stages and expected to have a release date soon.

I might be posting a "table of contents" list soon as well, if there's an interest.

I'm also doing a round of demonstrations of some of the effects, to give the community a taste of what this is all about. If you want to have a nice chat, PM me in here or on facebook and we'll schedule a time Smile

Ori.


Since some people came asking question about the book in private messages, let me maybe re-explain.
If you want to have a chat, then pm me.
However, for everyone else's sake, if you have questions that might interest others, please post them here and I'll try and answer what I can.

Ori.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Ori Ascher wrote:
Table of contents:

Foreword by Sraya Ascher

Foreword by Steve Wood

Introduction

Credits

A Holy Grail

The Learning System

Techniques and Outs:
-The Eureka Principle
-The Corridor Ploy
-TNT
-A Single Digit Divination
-Hearing Her by Reza Mathew Mikhaeil
-The 'Repeat It' Ploy
-Peter Turner's Two-Way Out Billet
-The Intuition Test

Entering the Maze...:
-DOS - A two-digit divination
-Pin My Thoughts V1 - A reverse pin guess
-Pin My Thoughts V2 - Another reverse pin guess

Inside the Watchtower - Observational Thoughts
-"Is It Real?" - A new answer to an old question
-"No" for an answer - Using the "No" as a tool
-Is it a One or a Five? - Differentiating between two options is easier than you think
-What's 'surefire'? - My opinion on reliable, propless routines
-Choosing a participant for a mathematics dependent routine

Into the Deep:
-Mavoch 1.0 - The easy(ish) take on the four-digit divination
-Mavoch 2.0 - The medium take on the four-digit divination
-Mavoch 3.0 - The hard take on the four-digit divination
-If the first two digits are the same
-Stage variation

Bonus Section (will be for the Limited Edition, not sure how many copies yet):
-Evening the Odds
-Retro
-Eno
-Two-Way Out Subtlety
-A Little Snippet by Luke Turner
-Trading Thoughts
-Streamlining the Signs by Mitchell Kettlewell

Exiting the Maze...:
-Finishing and digesting the journey
-Thanks

The book includes ideas by Michael Murray, Steve Wood and more.
There are quite a few videos featuring performances, subtleties and additional thoughts.
This will be sold through MindFx, at least at the beginning.
Hope this helps!
Ori.


TOC looks great! Michael Murray produces great products, so I have no doubt this will be no exception.

-AH
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Thanks Adam!
I definitely agree with you. Michael knows his stuff.
TheDBK
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TheDBK
Sounds great!
I'm just curious: about how long does the process take for the main Mavoch routine?
Thanks!
K
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
If you enjoy conversational, sure-fire, propless mentalism, then I would definitely recommend keeping an eye on Ori and his work. The routines I have witnessed all contain a clever mixture of principles that are hidden within a well-structured presentation. I’m genuinely excited about this release.

Josh
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 17, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
Sounds great!
I'm just curious: about how long does the process take for the main Mavoch routine?
Thanks!
K


Thank you for the interest Smile
I'd like to explain how I see it and what my goal is when publishing this book.
This is (and I state it in both the book and the accompanied videos) a SET OF TOOLS. It contains some completely new ideas, principles and approaches together with new uses and updates for older ones.
You can put them together in endless ways- it can be a two-digit divination which enables you to get ANY two digits (DOS).
It can be a reverse pin guess (Pin My Thoughts).
It can be a random four-digit number (Mavoch).
And it can be what you want it to be.

I provide the tools. The routines are examples- this is how I like to perform it. You can tweak it, cut it or completely deconstruct it. Your choice.

So, even though I don't mind answering your question (the answer is 2.5-5 minutes, depends on which one you use and how long you like to do things. I like it more theatrical and conversational, so I do it in five), you shouldn't treat this book as a set of routines.

Hope this makes sense!

Ori.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ori Ascher Mavoch (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL