The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ori Ascher Mavoch (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 17, 2019, Mr. F wrote:
If you enjoy conversational, sure-fire, propless mentalism, then I would definitely recommend keeping an eye on Ori and his work. The routines I have witnessed all contain a clever mixture of principles that are hidden within a well-structured presentation. I’m genuinely excited about this release.

Josh

You have no idea how much this means, Josh!
It was a pleasure talking to you Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2177 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Just had a long chat with Ori Ascher, and after he performed 2 pieces from the upcoming book to me, a reverse pin divination, and a two digit reveal, I told him that those two pieces even though I do not know what else is in the book, might be worth the price of the book for me.
He told me about a possible limited edition, and I told him I wanted to be one of the first people to purchase it from him, not only to add to the collection, but to support creators like Ori, and learn the extra bits, plus its limited.

Ori is a smart guy, and he has taken principles and woven them and layered them together, that your spectators wont stand a chance.

NOTE: This is only from the 2 effects I witnessed, as I havent seen anything else from the book.

I am excited to get my hands on this and learn. I told Ori immediately after witnessing both routines, that its not about the routines, but I get the sense that this book is about principles, techniques, and more and how to mix and match them to your liking, and add them to your existing repertoire....not just the routines but the principles and techniques at play.

I told Ori that to me it seemed like he was giving out all the info, with routines included, and the ones that can really see the value of a piece of work will appreciate the thought and techniques used, and you can use them in other areas of your work, either close-up or on stage.

It never hurts to have your toolbox of prop-less techniques and you can choose what you use and when you use it.

Congrats Ori, cannot wait until official release.

This is going to be a winner, and it will have exceptional value, and even I am sure, based on what I witnessed, some "worth the price" routines, techniques, or principles.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Just had a long chat with Ori Ascher, and after he performed 2 pieces from the upcoming book to me, a reverse pin divination, and a two digit reveal, I told him that those two pieces even though I do not know what else is in the book, might be worth the price of the book for me.
He told me about a possible limited edition, and I told him I wanted to be one of the first people to purchase it from him, not only to add to the collection, but to support creators like Ori, and learn the extra bits, plus its limited.

Ori is a smart guy, and he has taken principles and woven them and layered them together, that your spectators wont stand a chance.

NOTE: This is only from the 2 effects I witnessed, as I havent seen anything else from the book.

I am excited to get my hands on this and learn. I told Ori immediately after witnessing both routines, that its not about the routines, but I get the sense that this book is about principles, techniques, and more and how to mix and match them to your liking, and add them to your existing repertoire....not just the routines but the principles and techniques at play.

I told Ori that to me it seemed like he was giving out all the info, with routines included, and the ones that can really see the value of a piece of work will appreciate the thought and techniques used, and you can use them in other areas of your work, either close-up or on stage.

It never hurts to have your toolbox of prop-less techniques and you can choose what you use and when you use it.

Congrats Ori, cannot wait until official release.

This is going to be a winner, and it will have exceptional value, and even I am sure, based on what I witnessed, some "worth the price" routines, techniques, or principles.

Alex Alejandro

I'm glad you could see the idea behind this book being a set of tools.

Your review is far too kind, my friend Smile

Thank you!
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of swood
You've nailed it Alex. It sounds like you felt like I did when I first saw the power of Ori's routines and ideas. It's a great piece of work and I'm very excited (personally, but more importantly for Ori) that it's about to be released for the community. Well done Ori!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1531 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Is there any maths involved for the spectator to do in any of the routines?

Sleepy
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 18, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Is there any maths involved for the spectator to do in any of the routines?

Sleepy

Yes. Since numbers are involved, the best way to do things is through mathematics.
Some of this is super easy for your spectators, nothing to worry about.
Some might be more difficult, though. With that said, I provide a way of making sure your spectator can do mental calculations with ease, without revealing that there lies the secret. If they can't, then just do one of the easier stuff. No biggie.

I'll say it again- even if you despise ANY sort of maths (you're welcome, Steve...), the tools in this book can be easily used without it. For example, there are three different methods of getting a single digit from your spectator, there are some new fi***ng techniques and some theoretical essays.

I have shared these stuff with professional mentalists that are VERY minimal thinkers and they don't like maths (again, Steve. I'm here for you...) in mentalism that much (Nico Heinrich is a good example, you can ask him if you want), and their responses were better than my wildest dreams.

Based on the reviews and reactions of working professionals, I can confidently say that everyone will get at least a few things from this project.

Keep those questions coming, my friend! Smile

Ori.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of swood
Let me clarify. I don't hate maths at all, and I don't avoid using maths (I have a degree in it!) but I avoid tricks that FEEL like a maths trick if they are presented as mentalism. The biggest compliment to Ori's work is that when I first saw it, it felt new and it didn't feel like that at all. That's one of the things that attracted me to the project. There are a number of ideas in the book, some mathematical and some not.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1531 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
My interest has been piqued and I think I may take the plunge on this!

Sleepy
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
My interest has been piqued and I think I may take the plunge on this!

Sleepy

I can confidently say you won't regret it!
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
681 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, swood wrote:
Let me clarify. I don't hate maths at all, and I don't avoid using maths (I have a degree in it!) but I avoid tricks that FEEL like a maths trick if they are presented as mentalism. The biggest compliment to Ori's work is that when I first saw it, it felt new and it didn't feel like that at all. That's one of the things that attracted me to the project. There are a number of ideas in the book, some mathematical and some not.

I work with calculations and numbers all day, and although my degree is not about maths like Steve I do believe I am quite OK with numbers. But like Steve, I HATE routines and methods that require the spectator to multiply-by-this-and-divide-by-that before subtracting the two from the total of the three digits squared. Oh-my-God. So, long ago I decided to have mercy on my spectators and spare them anything math-based.

When Ori skyped I expected him to use me as his guinea pig and quickly run my multiplication tables in my mind. 'Cos I thought he'd go Alan Turing on me. He performed something called PIN MY THOUGHT for me, and...

I will say this: it is very clever, and I am still smiling at the devious ruse Ori used at one point... It's all justified, feels totally fair and IT IS EASY TO FOLLOW! I have absolutely no criticism on this.

Many times some spectators ask me if I believe in numerology, and every time I just politely change directions in a 'let's do something serious' attitude.

Next time, I will give Ori's routine a go. Because it is that good.

Bravo Ori. I, for one, didn't expect to post something on this thread. If PIN MY THOUGHT's quality reflects MAVOCH's, then you have a winner here.

Much love, always

phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
157 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
When is this gonna be available?
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of swood
Phedon - I liked Mavoch even more and my view is that it's even stronger (though everyone can judge for themselves as both are in the book).
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1158 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Dang it—everyone has gotten a sneak peek at this book except me!!

This will be an automatic purchase from me, for sure... and I’ve never even heard of Ori before now!

Seth
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of swood
Sorry! I'm sure it must be annoying so I won't keep commenting or going on about it. Although I think Ori has demonstrated some of the routines to a few people, I think the book itself hasn't been seen by many people at all - I have it because I worked on it. That does make my view biased I know, but the handful of people who know me know I choose projects carefully and this was an easy decision. And before anyone asks no, I don't have any ongoing stake in it.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1158 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Don’t stop going on about it—I’m living vicariously through your descriptions! Smile

This looks to be a terrific book full of practical ideas on the topic. It really says something considering how sick I am of all the new PIN guesses and name divinations that just keep dredging up! This sounds like it might be different, and I am always eager to hear new names with refreshing ideas.
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Seth, all you have to do is contact me and we'll schedule a demonstration Smile

Phedon, it was a true pleasure finally meeting you! I was so pleased to see your reaction because to me, it confirms the fact the there's something in this book for everyone, including people who swore to stay away from numbers in mentalism. Now THAT'S a compliment.

Rodrigo, I will post a date as soon as I will know it myself. The final stages of a book are always the longest, unfortunately Smile

Thank you guys for the interest!

Ori.
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, swood wrote:
Phedon - I liked Mavoch even more and my view is that it's even stronger (though everyone can judge for themselves as both are in the book).

And that's my point exactly- Mavoch might be too numbery for Phedon, but it's perfect for you.
You never really liked Pin My Thoughts V1, but for Phedon it's an absolute killer. It showcases the power of the tools and their flexibility.
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, Ori Ascher wrote:

Rodrigo, I will post a date as soon as I will know it myself. The final stages of a book are always the longest, unfortunately Smile

Thank you guys for the interest!

Ori.

Let me clarify. What I mean by that is that patience is a virtue, and the best things can take a while.
So because I want to be sure that everything is perfect, I have put this book through the best of the best when it comes to production.
Perfection is achieved slowly, but surely.
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Hey guys,

Ori asked me to drop a few words on his upcoming release - so here we go:

When I released my own book, which contains a single digit divination, Ori messaged me on FB because he had worked on one himself. Our methods turned out to be different and we exchanged some other material and video chatted a few times. I must say that Ori is an ingenious creator and thinker. What Fraser Parker does with words, he does with numbers. Mavoch is full of fresh and original ideas on Pin Divinations and also Reversed Pins. Ori's approach is very different and well thought out, and even though a lot of his ideas are not my style at all, I can still appreciate Ori's thinking. I won't lie: You have to practice a lot in order to be able to perform the strongest things from this book. Performed fluently though, they actually look like real mind reading because there is very little/no obvious fishing and nothing is written down at any point. I personally prefer to reveal their real pin code, which is not the main goal with Mavoch - most of the time (with the exception of one variation) it is a randomly generated one but Ori has some good justifications for that. If you are fine with that, get this book immediately. If you, like me, prefer to work with their real private information, there are still some cool techniques in here that you can (and WILL) use.

Mavoch is a milestone in the field of Pin code reveals and mentalism with numbers in general!

Much love,

Nico
Ori Ascher
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Ori Ascher
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, Nico Heinrich wrote:
Hey guys,

Ori asked me to drop a few words on his upcoming release - so here we go:

When I released my own book, which contains a single digit divination, Ori messaged me on FB because he had worked on one himself. Our methods turned out to be different and we exchanged some other material and video chatted a few times. I must say that Ori is an ingenious creator and thinker. What Fraser Parker does with words, he does with numbers. Mavoch is full of fresh and original ideas on Pin Divinations and also Reversed Pins. Ori's approach is very different and well thought out, and even though a lot of his ideas are not my style at all, I can still appreciate Ori's thinking. I won't lie: You have to practice a lot in order to be able to perform the strongest things from this book. Performed fluently though, they actually look like real mind reading because there is very little/no obvious fishing and nothing is written down at any point. I personally prefer to reveal their real pin code, which is not the main goal with Mavoch - most of the time (with the exception of one variation) it is a randomly generated one but Ori has some good justifications for that. If you are fine with that, get this book immediately. If you, like me, prefer to work with their real private information, there are still some cool techniques in here that you can (and WILL) use.

Mavoch is a milestone in the field of Pin code reveals and mentalism with numbers in general!

Much love,

Nico

Thank you Nico! It means a lot coming from you Smile
Let me adress a few of the things you have brought up-
Even though some of the routines are indeed hard to do (even though they become easy with enough practice), some aren't.
For example, DOS is not hard. It will still require some effort to get down perfectly, but it's not even close to some of the other stuff.
DOS also allows you (like said above) to reveal any two digits- this can be used as a real piece of information (DOB, apartment number, last two digits of a PIN etc).
You could also create new routines with the tools provided or add them to existing routines, like you said.

The other thing is the practice part. I made sure that it won't be hard to practice by providing performances, video explanations of subtleties and flash cards. If you use all of those in conjunction with what's in the book, I assure you you will have a nice learning experience.

Ori.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ori Ascher Mavoch (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL