The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Eye to eye - gauci (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Profile of symbolicthought
Hi all

I have seen and bought the eye to eye effect from gauci. The gimmicks cant fit in where they are supposed to be.. Totally visible to the audience, cant get the babes into place. Are there any smaller to use? (the ones amongst you that have eye to eye know what I'm talking about).

Any ideas here? and, brute force don't help, tried that to, impossible. Please help me out!
disappointing hack
View Profile
New user
aberystwyth
98 Posts

Profile of disappointing hack
Try placing the 'items' somewhere else about your person, that way you need not come so close to the spectator. sorry to be so vauge, but I cant go round discussing methods now can i?
regards
"shoot 'em in the back, quick, while they're not looking" Richard M. Nixon's Head.
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
I think your cries for help are going to fall on deaf ears.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Hi. I got some tiops on private messes.. Someone has also mentioned a method ungimmicked.. the nose point method and the hand color method... Could anyone direct me to a source, or briefly tell me about it in a pm?

/H
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Karl Fulves self working mental magic

banachek's psychological subtleties
coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
I love the idea of this effect and have seen Gauci demonstrate it. However, I must admit to being afraid of using the gimmick so I never bought it. If there was a better way I'd certainly be interested.

Coops
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Hi, and thanks. are your opinion that these are good to combine with the ordinary eye to eye?
carlomagic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of carlomagic
Contact charles himself with your problem and he will be able to offer you a very good solution. He is very accomodating and always friendly.

This thread will probably self-destruct in x seconds (and be removed) as Charles is banned from the Café, as is discussing any of his effects.

A shame, but we must respect the rules and etiquette of the Café.

Regards,

Carlo
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I agree with Carlo... Charles has a variety of optional methods to do this (most of which do not involve bodily orifices), and is very helpful to his customers; just contact him with your concerns.

A caution, though: Charles is currently (though 26 May) on an extensive European tour, so may not be quite as prompt in responding to e-mails as usual.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Why is he banned?

And more to the point, why should this prevent us from discussing his effects?

I had heard that the Café was (too) heavily moderated, but up until now hadn't really seen it myself....
Dario_Bauer
View Profile
Regular user
glasgow
109 Posts

Profile of Dario_Bauer
Why not do it without cheating. All you gotta do is watch them carefully and be able to tell when they are lying. Or are you lot chicken Smile
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography"
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
248 Posts

Yes, I know he is friendly, I met him yesterday! I mailed him, his wife answered, and he will send me smaller gimmicks as soon as he gets back home... I will use it as it is supposed to, after all..
carlomagic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of carlomagic
Hello Craig,

No idea as to why he is banned, but the Café is, I am sure, moderated for a reason. There are many people whose livelihoods depend on effects and the secrecy inherent with them, so a degree of moderation is understandable, at the very least, if not absolutley essential. A public forum is a risky place for magicians if people don't stick to the rules...

There is so much to learn here at the Café, and the chance to communicate with some of the most fantastic minds in magic: Banachek and Osterlind have contributed regularly to this forum alone (to name just two). A bit of discretion, understanding and consideration is a small price to pay for that privilige, don't you think?

Best regards,

Carlo
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I agree Carlo that there must be moderation to prevent discussions tipping methods etc.

I was just curious as to why we could not have discussions about a specific product because the creator is banned. But, as you say, if that's the rules then that's the rules.
Junta
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Junta
Oh check this out every one acording to dario all we gotta do is watch real close and tell when they are lying. I've been reading posts on here for a while now and I keep coming accross Dario_Bauer now his answer to everything is to "do it for real" well Dario I've come to the conclusion that you must be a real wizard and you can read minds for real so when you next have a tour on let me know and I will not miss out or you could stop thinking that we all belive you and come up with some constructive things to say.
P.S Please don't be to harsh with this very clever come back. I'm sure you will write about how you knew I was going to say this!!
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
The Café moderators are not that great at discerning who ought to be banned.

Maybe they told Charles something and he didn't hear them because he was in the middle of a performance of Eye to Eye.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dario_Bauer
View Profile
Regular user
glasgow
109 Posts

Profile of Dario_Bauer
Lol I'm not saying it is easy or it is for everyone or even that I am good at it. But it is this area that interests me the most. There are enough people who will tell you about the all the other ways and I just don't think you should be so closed minded about the psychological methods. If you are going to use some kind of (cheating) device, why not try this way first and have original method as the out, when it works the effects can be stronger and cleaner.

I just find it ironic a group of people who claim to be able to read an audience's inner most thoughts, laugh at the idea of trying some basic people reading. They give out more than enough information, you just have to practice noticing it and intepreting it (i'm not saying this is easy, but for a serious performer it shouldn't be too hard, treat it like a psychlogical force).

If you are worried about it do 'The Ring of Truth' pg 103 from Banachek's Psychological Subtelties before it, then say that little game went so well, would they like to try something else along the same lines, then give it a go. If you don't get the first 2 right just move on, they won't rememeber it.

I apologise for my previous post, it was not very clear at all. If you do a bit of reading about lie detection (google it) you can get a basic idea of how it works, then watch people closely and try to figure them out. With practice it can be done. The last comment was a joke, I'm still getting used to these smilies.

Junta, if you wish raise issue with me or want tour dates Smile just PM it, no need for that on the forums.
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Eye to eye - gauci (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL