The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword through the neck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kaizen Magick
View Profile
New user
Torrance CA
72 Posts

Profile of Kaizen Magick
Hello, fellow Magi.
Anybody know of a manufacturer who can design
a sword through the neck illusion with a samurai sword
for an Asian themed act?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Try Wolf's Magic. While not a Samurai he built me a very nice standard version of this effect.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1467 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I took my Abbott's sword thru neck and cut off the "cheezy" handle and made a samurai looking handle with some pvc pipe, foam core, red ribbon and gaffers tape. I also cut the tip at an angle so it resembled the tip of a samurai sword more. It only cost about 10 bucks to do the makeover.
You might try that.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Kaizen Magick
View Profile
New user
Torrance CA
72 Posts

Profile of Kaizen Magick
Hmm... that sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm not
familiar with the mechanics of the gaffed sword as I don't own one yet, but (without revealing the method in this open forum) from what you are saying, it sounds like the handle has little or nothing to do with the method. I have a friend who manufactures samurai swords and he could customize one for me.
Thanks!
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
If I were you I would get the special blade prior to getting a handle. Your friends might be able to adapt the handle to it so it looks better. Personally, I make all my own sword blades for this, but you have to buy the first one to know how they work. You ARE NOT going to be able to do this with a sword with a very broad blade. For one thing, it would not fit in the stock they sell. So you can do what you want with the handle, not so much the blade, other than changing length or tip.
quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword through the neck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL