The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Playing card images (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Hello All,

I'm looking for some high resolution images of all playing cards in a deck.

I've searched using google, but all I can find is low resolution images.

Each image needs to be of a high enough resolution to printed, without pixilization, onto the back of a business card.

Any pointers?
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Step 1: Scan your cards into your computer.

Step 2: Import into Illustrator and save.

Step 3: Design away (if you're making business cards, I'd do them in Quark, but that's me...).
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
There’s a free set of 52 vector shapes for Photoshop at Adobe Studio Exchange.
Some of the court designs are simplified, but the advantage is you can have them pin sharp at any resolution you need and modify the colours/styles to suit.

Either search for ‘deck of cards’ or long url:
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDet......sel1%3D2

Nick.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
If you scan a deck of cards, note the copyright information on the deck. On Bicycle cards, they note that the Jokers and the Ace of Spades, as well as the backs, are unique, copyrighted images. I'm not sure about the court cards (I can't believe I'm not carrying a deck at all times).

The last thing you need is to hand your Bicycle Ace of Spades business card to someone from the U.S. Playing Card Company.

Yours,

Paul
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
I don't have a scanner Smile
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
If you have Photoshop and need help with setting up custom shapes, I'm happy to help you through the process.
You can get some very good results with them and they are copyright free.
Regards,
Nick.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Here are some pretty good playing card graphics.

There is a pointer to a download link that provides either a zip file or a tar.gz file that contains all the card images except the jokers.

These are all under the Gnu Public license, but since you only want to print the images for your own business cards, not create a program with them, there isn't any licensing issue.

These images are in GIF format, but you can edit them and resize them using any good imaging tool.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
What do you want to do with the playing card/business cards??

Curtis
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
To utilize the card images that you kindly posted above, will I require any special software or will they open in any usual image editor, if you know?

Thanks for your help.
Glenn.
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Quote:
On 2004-05-15 09:45, DangerMouse wrote:
What do you want to do with the playing card/business cards??Curtis

I want to have a business card with my details on one side and a playing card on the other side, eg The Queen of Hearts.

I just want a business card that's little different and therefore more likely to be kept.
hjelm
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden, Borlänge
112 Posts

Profile of hjelm
Glenn wrote:
Quote:
To utilize the card images that you kindly posted above, will I require any special software or will they open in any usual image editor, if you know?

You only need a zip program.
hjelm
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Quote:
Bill,

Thanks for your help.
Glenn.

You will need to unzip the zip file you that download from the site. This will result in a directory folder that contain the image files in GIF format and another directory (or directories) that contain the source code that was used to produce the image files. You don't care about the source code. Most imaging tools can load GIF files and many can be used to convert the files to other formats.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Playing card images (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL