The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Invisible Thread (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I used to used John Haar's thread. It came on a spool. So much thread for $5.00. It was non reflective (black) and nonelastic. I can't find it anymore. Does anybody know if it is still made?
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Yup Wooly Nylon it is!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Thanks, guys!
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Fearson would disagree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBebd_mLxo&feature=player_embedded#!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ha haa haaa! I met Steve Fearson once...hasn't changed a bit! LOL! He's a brilliant thinker...too bad he doesn't perform any more.

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not to dis, Fearson or anyone, but Woolly Nylon has worked for me, since 1977. I've used others since, but ya go with what ya know, so to speak.

:)

Doug
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Oh I just bought some of his SPECIAL thread. EESH I am a bit taken. There is a difference but it is minor. Out of fairness I will not reveal what the difference is but it really does not impress me.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Ah, but not all wooly nylon is made the same! Nor is it spooled the same. So many things to consider when thinking about Wooly.

:)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Gospel Dan, I do not know what I have in Brand. I am not sure what you mean by "spooled" PM me if you can.
I have large spools in many colors but they are not marked to who makes them. What I do know is that I have both what Steve is selling and what I have. Now on his vid for this he states that he shared the secret of what thread he was using to one person and then the source was out there and dealers stopped buying from him since they were buying it themselves. He makes this big build up that all the secrets were not revealed.

But he does state this as a question. " I let the secret out.... Or did I? "
" Its not the exact same stuff" "It is more invisible" "not easy to find"
"Only have two spools of this" " "You are going to have to reevaluation of what you thought of invisible thread" "This is not a hoax"

Basically this appears to be a tease to me. On the package it even states what the difference is. Note in his ad clip he states it is just as easy to strip and just as strong. Since I am going to return this I did not use it. I did separate a strand and held it next to a strand off the spool I have that came the closest.

So on the card say you see the difference in what Steve thinks is the difference.
But as a single strand the difference appears to be too minor to matter. I moved the side by side strands around the room, against white walls, black cloths, area rugs window light,ect. His had one hint of a difference in some conditions but in others it was worse.
I have an entire draw of threads from over the years that either sent as samples came with tricks or were bought as the NEW thread.

I am still blown away about how easy ALL thread is to see. When these threads came out I was doing Wunderbar in day light and not being caught.I saw a guy float a wand behind a magic counter and was the counter width away and did not see it. And this was in florescent lighting, what now consider the worst lighting for IT
I remember straining to see it when setting it up.

I would hang out with Finn John as a teen at a convention when he brought out the inv E and watch him do it for TV cameras with full light and we never saw it.

But now I can see it ON A STAGE for the floating rose.

Was it that we did not know it could exist and therefore could not see it, the mind not being able to create the image of it,or now that we know it real and what it looks like, then we see it all round us?

All I know is now I fear using it in the same way I once did and trying to get back into it.
I still think the key is the shine. They all have it. All posted suggestions over the years do not really work and the only real suggestions are to shade it, use it only in the right lighting wear confusing ugly coating or do not use at all.
Like I said, the old days it was easier to use and get away with for some reason.

To be able to see a single strand glint on stage just blows my mind.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Not to get off topic, But why doesn't steve perform anymore?
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I don't know the story, just hearsay. I think he may had just developed other interests, that's all. I heard he had "issues" with someone. That may or may not have been true. If I can get in touch with him, I'll ask.

Doug
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
OK guys and gals,here is an update. I contacted emagicsupply and they quickly took care of my concerns about the threads I bought. The response was fast and without issue. I still do not think the thread has enough difference to make much difference but maybe someone might or I have not tested it in enough conditions to know.
Anyway I only felt it was fair to share the good customer service I received.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Invisible Thread (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL