The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Patent question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Does anyone know when the Goldstone harness was invented and if it was ever patented?
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
What is it used for? Is it similar to the Gosammer harness?
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
No, this one was invented I believe by Will Goldstone (of locked book fame) and permits an extra degree (plane) of movement during the levi.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's Goldston, not Goldstone. Goldston passed away in 1943. If he ever patented his harness, the patent has long since expired.

You might check Bruce Armstrong's Encyclopedia of Levitations and Suspensions to see if there is information on it in there.

But if you have tried to do a patent search with the name Goldstone, that would have been futile because of the misspelling.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
If that's Will Goldston, the early 20th cent. British/Hungarian (I think, though I forget offhand) inventor/magician who was such a mechanical perfectionist he rather coolly took his employers to court for not providing good enough workmen to construct his creations (I daresay he'd have been similarly thorough with regards to his patents, but, as Bill said, they are old enough to have probably expired), he published a number of levitation techniques in his various books.

The book I have of his ("Tricks And Illusions") is available in ebook format from Lybrary.com , and is well worth the few dollars or so for the download. There are several levitations included, with illustrations. The book as a whole focuses on the mechanical aspects of the illusions concerned and the design and constuction of the apparatus.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Thanks for the input all. Bruce Armstrong's encylopedia is still on my wish list unfortunately so I couldn't consult it. As for the misspelling of Goldston's name I'll have to put it down to the lateness of the hour.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Patent question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL