The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » How to get your Product removed from Pirate sites (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
216 Posts

Profile of debjit
As most of you already know, a bunch of pirate sites have come up which sell magic downloads at negligible prices. Emailing them also doesn't really help as they never reply.

The pirate site was selling my "Social Prediction" but since they have their whatsapp number listed on their site, I was able to message them and get my download removed:
I suggest all creators to do the same. Atleast till we find a better solution to completely stop magic piracy.
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
I know of a campaign to destroy certain niche pirate websites created on another industries' main internet forum. They had some success. Has a similar effort ever taken place within the magic information product niche?
"You're a mentalist!"
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4645 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Vanishing Inc is supposed to be working with some partners in Asia to slow / stop piracy. Andi wrote a free PDF on piracy too
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ownload/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Vanishing Inc is supposed to be working with some partners in Asia to slow / stop piracy. Andi wrote a free PDF on piracy too
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ownload/

Thank you for that.

If Apple, Microsoft and Louis Vuitton counterfeits are still being manufactured at scale in Chinese factories despite these multi-billion dollar corporations having full-time organizations constantly lobbying the Chinese government to further curb piracy... then the magic industry has no chance petitioning the Chinese government.

These internet pirates need to be attack where they live: their internet service providers.
"You're a mentalist!"
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4645 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I forgot about a short Blog post by Andi:
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/blog/h......c-piracy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » How to get your Product removed from Pirate sites (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL