The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Dusheck passes (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
213 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
I am so sorry to report that one of magic's true geniuses, Steve Dusheck, passed away this morning. He had not been well but his passing was a shock. He was such a kind man who was a good friend for many years. He helped me and many others in so many ways and he will be missed.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
334 Posts

Profile of MJE
I believe he had a book that was to be published soon. I'm sure it will still come out if that is true. I remember buying just about everything he sold back around three decades ago. He quit the business because he was fed up with having his great magic ripped off and sold in inferior knock-offs. I certainly appreciate his decision, but it sure left a hole in the catalogs and magic shops. I, for one, am looking forward to the book and mourn this major loss to the magic community.
tbaronio
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of tbaronio
Steve was my mentor and best friend. It was always fun getting together with him and bounce ideas off of one another. We collaborated on and released many of those ideas. He was a true friend in every sense of the word. R.I.P. Steve.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4536 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Very sorry to hear this. He added so much to the magic community. He will certainly be missed.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8340 Posts

Profile of Mb217
😔

I have wanted to not hear this for a while now...but when our emailing went dormant over the passed year, I knew things weren’t good. Steve was a prolific writer and would always respond and come bearing gifts of his tremendously magical mind. The man was an absolute genius! He also had a memory of magic that he shared with me often and I was always amazed of his depth of knowledge as to magic and the many players and times he could completely recall.

Most of all, he was a good fiend to me and teacher. I have many of his works that he sent me and will always treasure them. He also enjoyed my meager works and I was always greatly humbled & inspired by that. He was such a good fellow and I am a better person to have known him and appreciated all he brought to magic. My condolences and prayers to his family at this time. I will truly miss him as he has now been called to a greater stage, one with magic grace l, and appreciation beyond compare.

RIP old friend, and much respect always. Thank you for your touch and time in my life. 🙏🏼
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4964 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This has not been a good week for magic.

Denny, Steve, Marshall Brodien, Mr. Whoodini from Bozo's Big Top. I think it's time for this black cloud to move on.
Where the magic begins
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4964 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
334 Posts

Profile of MJE
This is getting depressing.....
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21636 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2019, MJE wrote:
I believe he had a book that was to be published soon. I'm sure it will still come out if that is true. I remember buying just about everything he sold back around three decades ago. He quit the business because he was fed up with having his great magic ripped off and sold in inferior knock-offs. I certainly appreciate his decision, but it sure left a hole in the catalogs and magic shops. I, for one, am looking forward to the book and mourn this major loss to the magic community.

I contacted Steve a couple years ago, and he told me, his computer hard drive crashed, and lost everything he had of his on it. His books, instructions, etc. So I don't believe there will be a book, unless someone wished to get the hard drive recovered with his data.

He also told me his wife was not well either.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Very sad to hear this. Like others here had some email communication with Steve and he was always very generous in sharing. He has left a wonderful legacy of effects and books. When I released my first effect over 20 years ago I mailed a copy to Steve as a thank you for the creative inspiration he provided the community. I wrote in the note to him that when faced with a magical problem I would ask myself "I wonder what Steve would do to solve this?". I still do.

John
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3972 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Great, gifted mind, and a great guy. Very generous. So very sorry to hear of his passing.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
446 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Very sorry to hear of his passing. So many greats lost recently in the magic world.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24160 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Steve was a real genius. He was one of the three most creative magicians I have ever known.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
223 Posts

Profile of robinr
I could have written your entry word for word, Bill. Even down to the number three. Eerie that last agreement. I wish he hadn't withdrawn from the main magic world due to the thieves. I would love if he could have shared the many tricks he later made for/with me.
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
303 Posts

Profile of Shufton
I loved Steve and will miss him dearly. No end to his kindness or creativity. RIP, dear friend.
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13614 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Steve was a true genius, if ever there was one. I purchased many of his effects, including his wonderful Dusheck's Vest.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Steve Dusheck passes (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL