The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Johnny Thompson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2467 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
One of the greats passed away earlier today.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5837 Posts

Profile of motown
The Magic World has lost a great Ambassador. R.I.P. Johnny.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
R.I.P Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1749 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Sad news
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of acortest
I wonder how they will honor his legacy on the next season of Fool Us. Does anyone know if he even was able to participate in the taping of the latest season which just finished March 7th? Thoughts and prayers go out to those closest to him. Rest is peace, Sir.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of chappy
R.I.P. Johnny. A legend in magic.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4644 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Another tremendous loss to the magic (and entertainment) community. Very happy (for him) that he at least got to see his great book set come to light and sign them as well as see it rise to the top and sell so many so quickly. I would imagine that meant a lot to him that he is (and forever will be) held in such high regard. He will be greatly missed.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Just saw him at the Hollywood Stars of Magic series in LV. Thank you for the magic and the memories Johnny.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9425 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Such a loss to the magic community and Las Vegas. RIP The Great Tomsoni. Thanks for all you've done to the art and the industry, we will miss you.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4248 Posts

Profile of Sixten
R.I.P. (You will be greatly missed, Mr. Thompson)
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
742 Posts

Profile of 61magic
My introduction to his work was watching him on the Merv Griffin show performing the Great Tomsoni act. I really thought it was funny but wondered what else he could.
I eventually had the chance to see him live doing his close up. I was so impressed which the quality of his presentation and beauty of his sleight of hand. I sat back and reconsidered everything I did in magic and changed everything from that point forward.
He was such an inspiration to me and all the work he released in print and video is a treasure to me. This is just a huge loss to our community, he will never be replaced.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
So sad to hear this...

He will be missed by the magic community!!

Neverending applause for Johnny Thompson an amazing artist, inventor...

Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
We were friends for almost 50 years.

"Down the road"! Johnny!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dr.Brown,dc
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Dr.Brown,dc
I use to love going to the magic at the capital conventions years ago just to see him perform.
RIP Johnny
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1307 Posts

Profile of lynnef
My condolences to the many in this Café that knew, were friends of, or saw Johnny Thompson. I only knew him from videos, but learned so much from one of the legends. One of my very favorite video clips is a cups and balls routine, where he banters back and forth with the great Charlie Miller. It's very funny and can bring tears to your eyes as well. Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Johnny Thompson (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL