We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What are good clothes for mentalism? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
507 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
I was just wondering if there was any particular look I should get?

#Curtis.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Whatever style you adopt, make sure that it fits YOU! The less attention that is drawn to your clothes and away from your presentation the better.

JMHO

Cheers! Smile

"Two mentalist meet on the street. The first one says to the other: "You're fine, how am I?"
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
I like that joke. Smile

Try to keep your clothes simple all in all and somehow more serious than swimming trunks.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Just try and avoid the Knepper or Maven look. These have found their own dress style and it works for their performance style. Find a style which matches your performance.

Best of luck mate.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
I say you wear a skirt.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
All black is good for mentalists I guess. depends on your hair colour?

black trousers and a black long sleeved shirt is kinda casual smart. you coudl have a jacket if needbe and it would still be pretty casual. a black tie makes it more formal. but entirley up to your own style.

remember, first impressions are everything!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Yes, wear all black; a black shirt, a black tie, a black suit.
Then change your name to Max Maven (I'm sure he won't mind).
If you have any money left after all that, send it to me (you obviously aren't to be trusted with it!)
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I asked some, layman, girlfriends this question and we all agreed on a black or black pinstripe suit (wear cufflins as they add an extra special "I put some thought into this outfit"). It makes us take you more seriously. Don't ask why, I suppose its a female and men in suits look soooo sexy sort of thing!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
This largely depends on your 'character.'

I play a studious occultist type (Dr. Van Helsing meets Orson Welles). For me, all black with a contemporary 'collarless' shirt works well (the semi-Nehru collar gives a vague 'clerical' look). You have to have a natural 'weirdness' streak and a love of the Gothic to make this work, or it comes off as contrived. My wife and I are a real life 'Morticia & Gomez,' so it rings true for us.

A 'professor' type should wear a good suit and tie; gray, blue or brown, dependent on what colors you look good in. The look is one of the scholar (genial and wixened, or erratic and orobsessed, as your personality dictates). Glasses add to the image.

A young, non-intellectual "natural psychic" should dress in a style appropriate to his age group and personality; dress casual but well. The aim with this character is to look like you're NOT a performer, but rather a gifted person who is demonstrating that gift on request. Think early Uri Gellar.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
realfake magic
View Profile
New user
indonesia
13 Posts

Profile of realfake magic
I think you should try the "MATRIX" suits....
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
As a mentalist one must look neat and smart giving an intellectual and confident appearance. And this must be superimposed by the sparkle in the eyes and command in the voice. Just my thoughts!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-06-03 13:50, Flec wrote:
All black is good for mentalists I guess. depends on your hair colour?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm........? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What are good clothes for mentalism? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL