The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Who to credit as the creator of the "bottle Production?" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
How far back can I go to credit the basic bottle production from a handkerchief? Who is the idea credited too and where can it be found? Earliest work to date is preferred. I would like to properly credit as I am performing a basic bottle production in my lecture. Have already reached out to David stone and gotten permission to mention his splash bottle work, however I am searching for the original concept creator as well. please and thank you.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
A couple of persons you may want to reach out to may be Dick Oslund; he is a wealth of knowledge and perhaps Bill Hegel (I don't think I spelled his name right and I apologize in advance), he too is a wealth of knowledge.
They may not know but can probably point you in a good direction.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2019, magico wrote:
This may help.

https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/ca......011,9216

This is what I needed. Thanks so much!!!!!
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2818 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
The first time I ever saw a bottle production from a handkerchief was Bob Read at 4F many years ago. It fried everyone. He explained it and said that he'd fool everyone again with it. He did!

Mike
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5692 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That reminds me, Mike. At a late night lecture during a convention, Ammar did his bottle production and was about to start teaching it when a voice from the crowd spoke out, "Why don't you let the originator teach it?" That person was, of course, Bob Read and in fact he was lecturing next as the midnight lecture! The room, including Michael burst into laughter, and then Michael gracefully aknowledged his mistake.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21952 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
U.F. Grant comes to mind with a 7 UP bottle production he use to sell.

Bev Taylor had a bottle production gimmick that attached to a table top. After a silks from a tube production. The silks were displayed and a bottle was produced.

Also you might contact James Rainho, and see when he invented his Champlain bottle production from Silk Fountain. I have his book on Bottle and drinking Glass productions.

Al Cohen of Al's Magic Shop, made and sold a bottle production from Newspaper. I believe it was sold earlier by Tannens magic, when Louis Tannen actually owned and run the store.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21952 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thinking this over, your question is to open, it needs to be not just a bottle production, but a large wine/champagne type bottles. That most likely would be Bob Read, as the productions I listed above were all 6.5 and 7 ounce bottles. Smaller bottles.

Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Contact Bob Sanders. He'll tell you that waiters would produce your bottle of wine at your table from a few napkins, several hundred years ago!
It's a practical easy method.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Mullins
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Bill Mullins
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2019, obrienmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2019, magico wrote:
This may help.

https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/ca......011,9216

This is what I needed. Thanks so much!!!!!

Actually, this is what you need:

https://www.conjuringcredits.com/doku.ph......oduction
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21952 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As far as the Bob Read DVD "The Impromptu Miracles of Bob Read" The lost footage. It was a U.F. Grant bottle production that inspired another magician to produce a bottle in a different manner. Then Bob Read started working on his large bottle production in 1954 up until 1958 when he started performing it, up until his death.

Bob Read method did not use the Splash gimmick, that was offered more recently in the last 10 years or so.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Who to credit as the creator of the "bottle Production?" (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL