The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eating Lightbulbs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thinkofacard
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of thinkofacard
Anyone got any tips on eating lightbulbs, glass etc.?
:smoke:

Mark
If you can't stand the blood, get out of the slaughterhouse!
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
This is a dangerous stunt - while it can be performed without getting cut, the enamel on your teeth is badly damaged. Most performers of this do it rarely as their teeth suffer.

[usual disclaimer: doing this will a) mess up your insides b) cut you badly c) do real and lasting damage to your teeth]

I'm a bit wary of tipping this in a public forum - send me an email and I'll see what I can do: malfortune@performers.NOSPAM.net

ML
thinkofacard
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of thinkofacard
Cheers buddy! Smile
If you can't stand the blood, get out of the slaughterhouse!
Macabre
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Macabre
How about sugar glass light bulbs...I'm sure there's a way you can make your own. Smile
"Something wicked this way comes..."
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
I've heard in Hollywood they use sugar glass, such as macabre stated. Is their any way I can get this from some store or any recipe I can get it from? I really need to know this for an upcoming film shoot on magic and I want to perform this. After hearing these other guys post, I don't want to have to really eat glass, too scary, but if any of you can help me with the sugar glass, please pm me or email me or post it here, thanks Smile Smile

I heard that the trick is to eat something before eating the glass, that way it'll provide a coating for your esophagus (don't know how to spell that) that will protect your throat while you swallow the glass.

Is this true, or is this a myth? If anyone can help me on this swallowing glass subject I'd greatly appreciate it. I invented a trick that revolves around eating a lightbulb. I tried making sugar glass, and I guess I didn't follow the directions right because it came out a bit yellowish and gooey, so I couldn't shape it. I'm back to having to eat a real light bulb, so please if you can help, do so, thanks Smile
iluznst
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
66 Posts

Profile of iluznst
Eating light bulbs is right there with eating razor blades, pretty much the same technique.

I will point you to a resource to follow up on, on your own, but you will have to contact me via PM or email.

DA Smile
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
I know this has been asked like 20 times but I still can't find any definite or real useful way of swallowing glass or any alternatives. Any books, advice, video or method would be greatly appreciated
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
It sounds bad.. but I actually eat it.. I'm not saying this is the right way to do it... it's just how I do it and I haven't had any problems yet.
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
Just to let you guys know, glass does not decompose, (as it's made from sand), each time you eat it in any quantity, it's most likely that there will be a little bit of build up in your stomach, and over time, it will acumulate, as the acids in your stomach will not be able to break it down (remember, next to wax, glass is one of the best items for holding acid (as it does not dissolve). Anyways, have you ever heard about the girl who died because she ate her own hair, and it didn't go through her system, and starved her to death, (true story). Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
The basics of eating glass can be found in the following Limerick.

I eat light bulbs, mirrors, and glass
I learned how, by taking a class
If you chew it till it's fine
on glass you can dine
What hurts is when it comes out your @$$
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Try smashing the glass on a tray, pick some up and start crunching on it - what you really do is have some broken Fox's Glacier Mints to hand, literally - no kidding - and eat these - this looks and sounds good from only inches away...

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
trevorsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
The U.K.
186 Posts

Profile of trevorsmagic
I too have heard of this method you use the clear type mints.I also have heard than you can use fox's fruit sweets to imitate stained glass and with the red ones the stain on your tongue looks very realistic too Smile Smile
Trevor
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
...Hey Trevor, I've tried the coloured mints but the only thing that was stained was my reputation... Smile

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
Ate her hair and starved to death? Don't think so. The hair will decompose in the stomach just fine, as will peach fuzz, cornsilk, meat gristle and fishbones. Sounds like an urban legend to me.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Contact the King of Glass Eating... TODD ROBBINS of the Coney Island Sideshow...

Quote:
On 2002-07-19 05:28, thinkofacard wrote:
Anyone got any tips on eating lightbulbs, glass etc.?
:smoke:

Mark
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Peedlkyle
View Profile
New user
I live in my house
98 Posts

Profile of Peedlkyle
Quick Google search and I found this Here!

Sugar Glass by Rebecca Burt

Materials:

Cooking pot
Stove Top
Candy Thermometer
2 c. Water
1 c. White Corn Syrup (Karo)
3 1/2 c. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar

Steps:

Mix the water, corn syrup, sugar and tartar together in the pot and bring it to a boil on the stove (at about 220 F).
Leave it boiling until it reaches 300 F, which will take about 45 minutes. The mixture should be thick, with almost all the water boiled off.
As soon as it hits 300 F, pour it into whatever mold you're using and let it cool.

I've never done this so I don't know how it would work.
On the other hand, you have different fingers.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Sweet! Thanks, magicians helping magicians... Thats why I love this site!
spliffmonkey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of spliffmonkey
That story about the girl eating her hair is absolutely true, it happened a few years ago and was in all the papers, the ball of hair was about the size of an American football, she'd been eating it her whole life and it just kept building up over years............ no urban myth there
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
iluznst, how do you mean the same technique as eating razor blades?

In Swami Mantra there is a genuine method of eating razor blades as opposed to the standard magic trick. I was under the impression that the right kind of blades were no longer available. Anybody know if this is the case?

Tim
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2002-07-19 07:00, Missing_Link wrote:
This is a dangerous stunt - while it can be performed without getting cut, the enamel on your teeth is badly damaged. Most performers of this do it rarely as their teeth suffer.

Forgive me for drudging up this old thread, but I came across it while hunting for something else.

Stick to light bulbs. I have eaten a chunk of a beer bottle a couple years ago. I would not recommend it. It is way too thick and felt like my molars were going to crumble. I stopped at one point to check in the mirror when it actually felt like a tooth had crumbled and not the piece of glass. My jaw was sore for a week.

Stick with light bulbs and thin wine/champaign glasses. I have never experimented with crystal glass, but I would stay away from them. I'm not sure how hard they are but I am under the impression that most contain lead.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eating Lightbulbs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL