The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Negotiating: Never be so sure of what you want, that you wouldn't take something better. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
An FBI Negotiator’s Secret to Winning Any Exchange https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llctqNJr2IU After watching the video, we can talk abut how to apply this concept, to our magic business.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
That was a very interesting presentation. The key to his negotiations was to let the other person know that you see what they are looking at as quickly as possible.This is challenging when one is less experienced. Spending efforts to quickly get to where you know this will make a huge difference in any negotiation.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Well Charlie, looks like your the only one on this board who can even fathom, how the video might be helpful. I really should, stop wasting my time.

TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Senor Fabuloso,

I clicked like on the post and should of said that I did enjoy it. I love the motivational stuff and this is a good one for sure.
Thanks for sharing it. There are lots of readers in this section so you’re not wasting your time posting. Keep em coming.

Tom
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Thanks Tom Smile I was hoping the video would spark a conversation of this type of negotiating and how it could be used by magicians and mentalists.

Example: You get a call to do a gig of say 100 people for a party of some kind. In our negotiations are most of us trying to find out WHY the client wants our services? Are we trying to solve a problem posed by the client? Are we looking to get "that's right" conformation in our up sell. Or are we just answering the phone and committing to the gig?

I think the answers to these and many other question can be found in the video and wanted to see where and how we might use Mr. Voss's techniques. I was already using much of what he talked about in my own negotiations and really thought, it would help others to hear it from his prospective.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Negotiating: Never be so sure of what you want, that you wouldn't take something better. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL