The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mememorized deck and the Center Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Hi,

Earlier today I read on this forum that center-dealing can be a useful utility move for mem-deck workers. I can imagine how it might be used, but I'm still interested to learn more about the center-deal in this context. Can anyone provide info or point to any resources on this? I don't have any particular objectives I'd like to achieve with this method, I'm just curious to learn what's possible.

Thanks
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2019, lemonjug wrote:
Earlier today I read on this forum that center-dealing can be a useful utility move for mem-deck workers.

Can you give me the name of that memdeck trick please?
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Sorry Waterloopi, don't have a trick name. In another thread (Memorized a Stack - Now What?) someone advised the OP that useful additional tools to have when you have memorized a deck are a pass, peek, culling and a center-deal. I was curious to know what the applications for a center-deal might be with a memorized deck.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I was curious too Smile.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
In the great cardmagic book: Lessons in Card Mastery by Darwin Ortiz (2012) you can find an effect called Best of the Best, page 23.
The effect includes demonstrating center dealing any named card. Looks like you have superhuman skills. Plus, there is so many other great effect in this book that you will be amazed...

The book:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3839

Content:
https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/book/375
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Thanks very much, Kjellstrom.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Kjellstrom is right.
In "Best of the Best" the center deal is indeed used.
It had escaped me because it is not a "trick" in the true sense of the word, but as Ortiz himself describes it as "a series of skills related to card cheating". (gambling demonstrations are not my first interest)
So it's more of a "demonstration" than a trick, but indeed a center deal is used in combination with an MD here.
Let's see if Jason Ladanye doesn't use it either, since he mentioned it in his credits.
jason ladanye
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
I believe I was the first to pair these two concepts for a dealing demonstration. The effect is called Centerpiece from my first book Confident Deceptions. (I'm subbing in a Greek, but you could easily adapt to use a center.)
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2019, jason ladanye wrote:
I believe I was the first to pair these two concepts for a dealing demonstration. The effect is called Centerpiece from my first book Confident Deceptions. (I'm subbing in a Greek, but you could easily adapt to use a center.)

Many thanks for the clarification.
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
It would be relatively easy to spread to a named card and then deal it to yourself at a named number, for a pretty clean ACAAN, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mememorized deck and the Center Deal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL