The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Zealand (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Our condolences to our New Zealand friends.

It seems that while the police were looking at the jihadists, they took their eye off the white supremacists.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sad news from there early Friday morning EST.
I hope the perpetrators are arrested quickly.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
A weird thought here,
...in my head,
....but it popped up,
when I read about the Christchurch shootings.

I thought to myself:
"Well at least this one went back to the roots.
Back into 'the source'."

I believe churches, religions,...
places where: ''god's chosen people",...
"...this is the only way."
"...only through me."
"...other's are wrong and condenmed."
"....sacrafice blood and flesh."
"..drink the blood,..and eat the..."
"..died for our sins."
"..'angel of death' killed the first born sons."
"Women = sex."
ecetra, ecetra, ecetra....

...places where such things are preached.
And glorified.
And practised.

I believe these are the roots of the hate.

I find it terrible,
when the hate-full,
go about killing and threatening
''folks living in 'the world' ".
The free-thinking,..living.
...outside of these houses of indoctrination.

Crazy thought.
,..probably even 'terrible',
....but,
it came.
gallagher
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2019, tommy wrote:

It seems that while the police were looking at the jihadists, they took their eye off the white supremacists.

Senseless, evil, mass murder, is just that.
Let's take their self-proclaimed "motives" with a grain of salt.
Focus on the victims.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2019, tommy wrote:

Senseless, evil, mass murder, is just that.
Let's take their self-proclaimed "motives" with a grain of salt.
Focus on the victims.

Really?? I say no motive, no murders. So the motives are everything. Not just here, but in any of these tragic incidents. To this perpetrator, this wasn't "senseless". It made sense to him based on his worldview. After all, this was planned out well in advance. He had a 74 page manifesto. He had been active on social media. He described himself as a "racist". Your casual dismissal of his motives is extremely short-sighted, in my view. And the victims are no longer here, so not sure what it means to "focus on the victims". What can that possibly accomplish? We need to focus on ways to help prevent this from happening in the future. Otherwise, we will have many more opportunities to just "focus on the victims".

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I couldn't care less about his "manifesto" nor would I ever give him credit, notoriety, or recognition for anything he may have ever thought, spoken, or written. I will now forget this scumbag ever even existed and focus solely on the victims of this heinous mass murder.
You do what you like.
Bye.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
These mass murderers want attention and we shouldn’t give them a minute of air time other than calling them out for what they really are.
It’s time to stop blaming others for the actions of these sick scumbags.

Tom
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
How it affected one New Zealand newsman:

R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
I couldn't care less about his "manifesto" nor would I ever give him credit, notoriety, or recognition for anything he may have ever thought, spoken, or written. I will now forget this scumbag ever even existed and focus solely on the victims of this heinous mass murder.
You do what you like.
Bye.

He gained notoriety the moment he started pulling the trigger. The damage is already done. Don’t you think there’s value in examining his motives? If there’s an underlying socio-political support structure that fueled his hatred and contributed to his actions, wouldn’t you want to know about it? If preventing more of these disgusting acts (to the extent possible) is our goal, how does “focusing on victims” ever help?

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
These mass murderers want attention and we shouldn’t give them a minute of air time other than calling them out for what they really are.
It’s time to stop blaming others for the actions of these sick scumbags.

Tom

Actions are (almost) always motivated. And in this case, there’s plenty of evidence for what motivated this guy. He bears full responsibility for his actions of course, but perhaps not for how his worldview was shaped and influenced.

Ron
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Https://twitter.com/Shqazwini/status/1106872479702757377

What I wanna know is why the young man brought eggs to see the politician...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
You do what you like.
Bye.

He gained notoriety the moment he started pulling the trigger. The damage is already done. Don’t you think there’s value in examining his motives? If there’s an underlying socio-political support structure that fueled his hatred and contributed to his actions, wouldn’t you want to know about it? If preventing more of these disgusting acts (to the extent possible) is our goal, how does “focusing on victims” ever help?

Ron

I know his motive. It's obvious. He suited up with a semi auto and a go-pro and live streamed a real life first-person-shooter.
His motive was a desire to slaughter masses of people for mass viewership on the internet. He's a sicko, a demented, evil, scumbag who deserves no credit, no notoriety, no recognition, no analysis, no oxygen, no time. Nothing.
You believe his manifesto? You believe his words of motive? You take stock in anything he says or writes? Shame on you. THAT is his motive, for you to give him and his ideas attention. No thanks.
He says he is anti immigration so he mass murders worshippers in a mosque. Another murderer claiming to be anti immigration mass murdered as many white scandinavians as he could because he said they were responsible for immigration. Another one murdered as many as he could because he said his running shoes ordered him to. Another because satan told him to. Another because... hmmm...yes you're right. Let's listen to them and consider what they're saying and use that helpful info to make the world better. It's almost as if they're sending us meaningful messages with their wanton butchery.
What a joke.
The guy is a worthless loser with no motive other than the joy of watching others suffer and displaying it to others. Narcissism, delusions of grandeur, name your psych 101 assessment. It's all there .
Manifesto motive my a--.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
One thing we do know is, had he been there to pray with the rest we probably wouldn’t be talking about it today.

Tom
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Oh I just had to look. Knew this thread would be a trainwreck.

It's sad. The whole thing is really sad. So many people. Yeah, it's important to know why it happened so we can do everything in our power to make sure it stops happening.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
And how screwed up is the world that we're just numb to this stuff. It happens so much it barely blips now. It's maddening.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Https://twitter.com/Shqazwini/status/1106872479702757377

What I wanna know is why the young man brought eggs to see the politician...

Because this from said politician:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1sy0c2WoAAglyO.jpg
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What I find chilling is that these nuts might just be killing people for fun. For the last few centuries, as Shwaller said, there has been a feverish search for anything which will indulge the senses and the emotions, until in the end an emotional stimulus is valued only for its violence; but whether the effect of its indulgence is good or harmful, nobody knows or cares.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You do what you like.
Bye.

Ron

I know his motive. It's obvious. He suited up with a semi auto and a go-pro and live streamed a real life first-person-shooter.
His motive was a desire to slaughter masses of people for mass viewership on the internet.

But not just ANY group of people. He targeted specific people for specific reasons.

Quote:

He's a sicko, a demented, evil, scumbag who deserves no credit, no notoriety, no recognition, no analysis, no oxygen, no time. Nothing.
You believe his manifesto? You believe his words of motive? You take stock in anything he says or writes? Shame on you. THAT is his motive, for you to give him and his ideas attention. No thanks.

Let me get this straight. It sounds like you don’t really believe he hated muslims and immigrants – even when he said he did and even when he murdered them. Is that your position? That he killed for attention or fun rather than out of hatred for muslims and immigrants?

Quote:

He says he is anti immigration so he mass murders worshippers in a mosque. Another murderer claiming to be anti immigration mass murdered as many white scandinavians as he could because he said they were responsible for immigration. Another one murdered as many as he could because he said his running shoes ordered him to. Another because satan told him to. Another because... hmmm...yes you're right. Let's listen to them and consider what they're saying and use that helpful info to make the world better. It's almost as if they're sending us meaningful messages with their wanton butchery.
What a joke.

The joke is that some people would deny, or minimize, the influence that hateful rhetoric can have on some people.

Quote:

The guy is a worthless loser with no motive other than the joy of watching others suffer and displaying it to others. Narcissism, delusions of grandeur, name your psych 101 assessment. It's all there .
Manifesto motive my a--.

And that’s a very convenient deflection. Especially when so much of what this guy wrote/said aligns very neatly with a certain brand of socio-political rhetoric that has been heavily peddled for the past few years.

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
One thing we do know is, had he been there to pray with the rest we probably wouldn’t be talking about it today.

Tom

Or, he could have been someone elses victim number 51.

You also remind me that the one place some might think would be immune from these sorts of attacks is apparently not. But that’s a whole other discussion.

Ron
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2019, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You do what you like.
Bye.

Ron

His motive was a desire to slaughter masses of people for mass viewership on the internet.

But not just ANY group of people. He targeted specific people for specific reasons.

Quote:

He's a sicko, a demented, evil, scumbag who deserves no credit, no notoriety, no recognition, no analysis, no oxygen, no time. Nothing.

Let me get this straight. It sounds like you don’t really believe he hated muslims and immigrants – even when he said he did and even when he murdered them. Is that your position? That he killed for attention or fun rather than out of hatred for muslims and immigrants?

Quote:

What a joke.

The joke is that some people would deny, or minimize, the influence that hateful rhetoric can have on some people.

Quote:

Manifesto motive my a--.

And that’s a very convenient deflection. Especially when so much of what this guy wrote/said aligns very neatly with a certain brand of socio-political rhetoric that has been heavily peddled for the past few years.

Ron

The sad thing is how badly some people want to read their manifesto motives so they can instantly use the deaths to launch into a self righteous political agenda. Case in point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Zealand (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL