The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Zealand (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15636 Posts

Profile of tommy
They also think themselves Vikings.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, tommy wrote:
They also think themselves Vikings.

Must be true. We need to hear them and figure out what we can do as a society to curb these Norse tendencies.
People don't just go around shooting people for fun. Although I bet if you made a video game based on that premise, it just might sell. Heck millions of teens and preteens might even sit in their bedrooms and virtually shoot each other in the head 24 hours a day for 5 to 10 years.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15636 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Although eco-fascism can manifest in different ways (just like any umbrella ideology), there are consistent sets of beliefs that crop up among eco-fascists. They include veganism, anti-multiculturalism, white nationalism, anti-single use plastic, anti-Semitism, and, almost always, a passionate interest in Norse mythology. Most Twitter profiles of self-defining eco-fascists are a bespoke cocktail of alt-right memes, pictures of forests and cabins, hatred towards Jews, and rants about animal rights. Between calls for a racial purity and plastic bans, most accounts have tweets or retweets honouring Thor, celebrating Tyr Day, or glorifying Sunna, the Norse Sun Goddess."

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec......upremacy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
If investigating the murderer's motivation could lead to saving even one person from being killed or injured in the future, I, for one, think that investigating it is a no-brainer.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
If investigating the murderer's motivation could lead to saving even one person from being killed or injured in the future, I, for one, think that investigating it is a no-brainer.

Agreed. What if the motivation is murder?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, S2000magician wrote:

Agreed. What if the motivation is murder?

Heads you win, tails you tie.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Lol. I definitely agree with investigating motives, which is why I think it is a mistake to accept a mass murderer's written ideas as gospel.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15636 Posts

Profile of tommy
Why would he lie about why, when he has nothing to gain or lose from it?

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19277 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not advocating not investigating. I am saying using this as political fodder, like every time it happens for example is wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, tommy wrote:
Why would he lie about why, when he has nothing to gain or lose from it?

He may not be lying. Was Ramirez lying when he said Satan told him to do it? Maybe in his mind it's TRUE.
Remember, were not discussing rational people here.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2518 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Motivation comes from within so a mass murders motivation is already there, he just needs to find reasons to justify it in his mind.
This justification doesn’t have to come from one source; It can and often does come from bits and pieces from here and there.

Hope that makes sense.

Tom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26810 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Curiosity ... https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/18/14/4......ied-bail

and consequences. There's some more pervasive toxicity to consider than one madman's publicity stunt.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4628 Posts

Profile of landmark
You may be surprised to hear that I strongly disagree with that ruling. I think it's unenforceable, and can only be applied selectively. That's a slippery slope to censorship which ultimately doesn't help society. That said, I can certainly feel for the families of the murdered who don't want that video spread around. But this is a piece of history concerning neo-Nazi scum which should not be erased any more than the filmed remains of Dachau and Auschwitz should be.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2518 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I think spreading the video around is just asking for trouble.

Tom
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4628 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's certainly not something I or anyone I know would want to distribute; but on the other hand, I don't see how you can make a law against it and still have a free society.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19277 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Can't legislate common sense.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15636 Posts

Profile of tommy
Beware, that according to studies, these sort of crazy shootings are often followed by a copycat shooting somewhere within a couple of weeks.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Of course. Why? Notoriety, attention, narcissism, morbid curiosity, and of course their main motivation, desire to kill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Zealand (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL