The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Code and other restrictions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
On another thread was posted, "I used to do this with rocks, but local ordinance laws said I had to switch to Safety Stones...""

and a new theme for diverting patter is born -- silliness being a for of misdirection.

Now, I recognize that building codes and local ordinances have a basis of concern over human safety and common community standards,
but many being to mind the adage "a camel is a house cat designed by a committee."

So everyone has some kinship with an ordinance or law that seems silly out of context - and we can play on that.

"I use silver dollars since local ordinance prohibits any object that might be a choking hazard."

or "I painted this coffee can red to comply with local fire codes."

or "My cups have no handles. Local codes prohibit any gender discrimination by a performer."

I am sure others can come up with better lines ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Using language to engage audience cognitive resources? Sure.

If a camel is a house cat... you wonder what kind of mice they had. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Code and other restrictions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL