The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Level One" by Christian Grace vs.Decoy by Eoin O´Hare (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Let me correct what I said. When you receive the product it provides what you need to know to join the FB group. Go to Facebook and search for Level One. Hit Join.. then you will be asked for some information. Your Level One product contains the information you need to join. Sorry I didn't clarify that in my earlier post...
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this, and I have just begun to play with it. I'm not there yet, and it will take some practice, but I do like it so far. I wish there was more video on different applications. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any video on routines using this gimmick.

KJ
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2019, 1KJ wrote:
I just received this, and I have just begun to play with it. I'm not there yet, and it will take some practice, but I do like it so far. I wish there was more video on different applications. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any video on routines using this gimmick.

KJ

Go to Facebook. Search for a group called Level One. Refer to the materials you received with the product to be able to enter the group (it is password protected). There are many videos there showing ideas for using Level One.
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Love the thinking behind this. The FB page has a load of hints and tips from others, some just written out but quite a few videos. Patrick Redford posted an excellent tutorial for those with small hands, and a few other nice tips. So if you get this don't think that Christian's tutorial is the all to end all. He also has been very active on the FB site!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Received this the other day and I will definitely use this! Really like it. Though, I feel the hardest part will be bringing the gimmick in and getting ready. The clean-up will be easy IMO. Though, now that I have it I can say you are definitely not left clean as I stated from the beginning. Not sure why the ad states you are clean. Other than that, I really like the concept and visuals. Looking forward to performing Level ONE!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, RNK wrote:
Received this the other day and I will definitely use this! Really like it. Though, I feel the hardest part will be bringing the gimmick in and getting ready. The clean-up will be easy IMO. Though, now that I have it I can say you are definitely not left clean as I stated from the beginning. Not sure why the ad states you are clean. Other than that, I really like the concept and visuals. Looking forward to performing Level ONE!

RNK

I'm sure the ad stating you end clean is that the final card is clean, ungimmicked, able to be handed out immediately.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I own this now, it’s fantastic...I have a question in regards to ending up with chosen card...would rather not post question here and risk exposure...could some nice person pm me?, if you have a minute and own this?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, RNK wrote:

RNK

I'm sure the ad stating you end clean is that the final card is clean, ungimmicked, able to be handed out immediately.

Ah, makes sense!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Sigh. just received this. I should have known better !!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Craigers wrote:

Why do you say this??
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Maybe it will grow on me but at first look, not too impressed with what you get for the dosh !! Very simplistic and maybe my expectations were too high
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Maybe it will grow on me but at first look, not too impressed with what you get for the dosh !! Very simplistic and maybe my expectations were too high

I mean as long as it does what it says on the tin I'm not too fussed if the gimmick is too simplistic or anything...your spectator won't be holding the gimmick so it doesn't matter if it's too simplistic
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
For the working pro a simplistic, super durable gimmick that takes up as little pocket space as this does in a winner in my book. Much better to have this, like an omni deck, that with a little care will last forever.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Haha. Knew it.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:

I bought this to play around with for a while, its been fun learning to use it...

I think its easy to dismiss things in magic, especially with gimmicks - when they don't match our imaginary expectations...if we think we know how its done, but really, its just guess work - then that overrules the reality of the gimmick sometimes...

I thought this was very cleverly put together, the gimmick absolutely solid and really looks great - some have struggled with the basic "move" but it feels like people are expecting to do it right at the first attempt...it took me longer than expected to get it down consistently...if I did card magic at gigs, I would love this...there's angles to pretty much everything we do - this is no different, but there are minimal...

as for someone saying "I can make this myself" - I think you're fooling yourself...its easy to say something like that AFTER the fact...(otherwise you'd have come up with it yourself, right?)…

this takes a bit of practice, that's a good thing...some have gotten the knack within ten minutes, others (including me) it took a little longer...
I've asked to be banned
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:

...Very simplistic and maybe my expectations were too high

Probably so.

It is the very simplicity of this that makes the effect so wonderfully amazing. I look at all the interest in this and see a classic in the making, one that easily enough most people will be able to do and do pretty well.

To think that no one else thought of this in all of magic from then to now, well, it's sorta like perhaps hitting the lottery with just six numbers, the first six... 1 -2- 3 - 4- 5- 6. Smile It's the sorta "simple" thing that makes you say, "Now why didn't I think of that?" Smile But you did and then again, you didn't. Smile

This is a good piece of thinking and wonderful routine, if you're not looking for a high-tech motorcycle when it's keenly shown otherwise, that a bicycle will do the trick just perfectly. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Haha. Knew it.

Lol I don't understand you Pegasus, there's literally so many positive comments about this and you don't say anything....

One slightly negative comment and your like "haha. Knew it." Like your trying to prove something to everyone.

The comment he wrote wasn't even negative if you look at it, he was just disappointed that the gimmick wasn't extremely high tech with moving parts...the gimmick still does what it says it does without any issues

Sleepy
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Haha. Knew it.

Lol I don't understand you Pegasus, there's literally so many positive comments about this and you don't say anything....

One slightly negative comment and your like "haha. Knew it." Like your trying to prove something to everyone.

The comment he wrote wasn't even negative if you look at it, he was just disappointed that the gimmick wasn't extremely high tech with moving parts...the gimmick still does what it says it does without any issues

Sleepy

Pegasus enjoys being a naysayer, that’s his schtick. Just enjoy his comedy and don’t take him seriously. He probably owns at least 3 of these because in reality he loves it. 😁🤥🤫
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
I definitely found it amusing! It's like a parody of confirmation bias, as it applies to people on this board.

It is a parody, right?
magicands
View Profile
New user
Coventry - England
32 Posts

Profile of magicands
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
The methods are very different. You also end clean with Level One, while Decoy would require a switch

You don't end clean with this effect there is a gimmick to ditch?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Level One" by Christian Grace vs.Decoy by Eoin O´Hare (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL