The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carnie Box - From the creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Hello fellow bizarrists,

I've been away for some time...part self-imposed and part "Café ban."
I've still been around, just saying less.

I feel I need to break my silence to let you know of a new bizarre release.

Steve (creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel) just released a new effect that may be of interest to our community.
If you have purchased from Steve in the past, you may have received an e-mail announcement. But, for those of you that are in the dark....behold:

The Carnie Box, A folk-art vintage matchbox full of small unique objects with a back story centered around a rare Carnie ritual; although, other presentations are possible as well.

It is available only at the big auction site. It can be found in the Bizarre magic section, If you search "The Carnie Box," it should come up.

From the e-mail announcement:

One of the many presentations possible:

In American carnie culture, particularly in the Midwest, each traveling show had one person, one shaman, one medicine man: one so revered, that his or her word was *the* word, almost religious in nature. Many times, they were known simply as 'the Elder', though in outside circles they are referred to as 'the Elder Carnie'.

When a young carnie, maybe a recent home run-away, wanted to join the ranks, the Elder had the final say. When such a young carnie needed advice, the Elder would provide. At the age of 22, every carnie would approach the Elder for what many carnivals referred to as "the entrance."
The Elder would speak:

"As you enter the carnival of life, young one, you must be prepared. Not to choose a path - for it has been chosen for you - but to *know* your path. Are you ready to know your path?"

The Elders sun withered hands would then place a small mysteriously decorated matchbox before the initiate, removing three small objects.
And the ceremony would commence...

My opinion...You really should go over to the big auction site and check this out!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1444 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Already purchased as soon as I woke up this morning to that pleasant email from Steve. Looking forward to receiving as Steve does such a fantastic job on making both his storylines & props as authentic as possible to create a wonderful effect !

Nice to see you back RS !
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5198 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I nabbed one too...tempted to get more than one for the price, but that wouldn't be fair as he is only putting out 50, and then no more. And he means it.

This looks like the same superb quality of props we've come to expect from Steve...a mix of real and made-to-look real artifacts that jell perfectly to form a bit of bad business. The clown drawing sold it for me. Nightmarish on its own.

Multiple outs, so one can concentrate on the presentation. My favorite!

Mr. Peebles is not prolific, but dang he's good...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
703 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Looks nice! Half are gone already.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1264 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I along with many others jumped on one as soon as I finished reading the email
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1063 Posts

Profile of reese
Got the email. The email was enough of an announcement.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1444 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I already have my shipping notice !! Woo Hoo
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Guess I'll have to make a trip to see Steve and Bobby.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I didn't get the email. Weird since I was one of the purchasers of the You-Know-What Game.

Feeling like a red-headed step-child now... Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1444 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Emailing over site boo boo,....oh well MG I guess you'll have to go stand in the corner & like it....lol

There's still a few left while the pick'nz good, magicians helping magicans buy product -
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
465 Posts

Profile of William Draven
What is the website for this? Or is it just one of those "if you know then you know" situations? You guys are being awfully cryptic for an apparent must own piece of bizarre magic.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1444 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Kinda, kinda not.....lol, if you read RandyScotts post about almost half way down you'll find the cryptic answer-hey were bizarre right ?!?
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
703 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
From the first post in this thread “It is available only at the big auction site” who’s name shall remain unspoken.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5198 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Looks like 35/50 have sold.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3266 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Looks like 35/50 have sold.

Knowing the other offerings from Steve, I'm surprised they all are not sold. Like the ad says, "You can pay me now or pay me later!" And usually later is a lot more.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
737 Posts

Profile of roblane
Has anyone else in the UK tried to purchase through eBay? The system tells me it’s unable to post to my address. I have emailed Steve back for help but am looking for suggestions as I don’t wanna miss out
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1444 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I know steve is using the Ebay to give buyers security with they're purchase, but I would be fine buying from him directly as he's a trusted seller for me. I'm sure steve will work something out for you.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3266 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, roblane wrote:
Has anyone else in the UK tried to purchase through eBay? The system tells me it’s unable to post to my address. I have emailed Steve back for help but am looking for suggestions as I don’t wanna miss out

Have you thought about picking it up over here? Would be a goo vacation and all tax deductible if you are a performer.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
180 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, roblane wrote:

Didn't have a problem when I bought one.
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. Deathwatch, The Dark Glass, The Uninvited
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Sir
Love effects like this. When you give the spectators a choice, it’s always a fun time.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carnie Box - From the creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL