The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan Harlan's Mindbogglers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I did a search on these and Dan actually replies to a few of the posts regarding this set. Does anyone have these? If so, is the whole set worth the purchase or just 1 or 2 of the DVDs? Thanks in advance.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
I have seen all 4 of Dan Harlan's Mindbogglers and all the items in the series are challenges or bets mainly for informal situations. Nothing really revolutionary in any of the volumes. The material is of such a nature that you can find them in some puzzle books. If you are looking for good magic material, look somewhere else because I think you will be disappointed, I was. I would rather spend your money 2 other DVD's that will really give you value for money.
Incidentally I work at the Magic Shop in Cape Town, South Africa and own hundreds of videos myself. Mindbogglers do not even fall into my top 100 titles.
If, however, bar bets and puzzles are your cup of tea, then I am sure you will like it.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Thanks for the post, I have always been interested in these.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Thanks for your advice Fayaad Manie.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
No problem in flames, anytime.
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
Where can I buy these Dvds?

Daniel
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
L&L sell them.
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
These DVDs are not intended to be magic material, but they do contain material that, if one devotes some minutes to find a good presentation, could become great. For instance, switching a regular cigarrette for the knotted one, or simply presenting the cigarrette already knotted as impossible object.

federico
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I have all four of them and I love them. There is too much to review. Dan has a collection of restaurant, bar and house challanges which are great if you want to entertain (and make some money. you didn't hear that from me. lol) Volume 1 is my favorite. Awesome bar challenges! Dan is funny and likeable as well. Get them, there great.
P.S. federico luduena is right. These are not magic dvds.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I really like the tapes. The first volume is the best in my opinion. They are really good for entertainment value.
SGMagician
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of SGMagician
In my opinion, these are excellent DVDs. Some of the best collection of bar bets! Get them!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I enjoyed them Smile
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
I found these dvds really entertaining. Not really magic dvds but still great.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I found them to be great personally.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
I think you will be disappointed, I was. I would rather spend your money 2 other DVD's that will really give you value for money.

you could argue that the financial return possible with these dvd's makes them far more valuble than any 'magic video'. you can find many of these bar bets elsewhere in books like:
'gambling scams' darwin ortiz
'games you can't lose' harry anderson
'100 ways to win a tenner' paul zenon
but these dvd's are such a valuble encyclopedic resource. they're great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dan Harlan's Mindbogglers (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL