The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Baseballs (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
It there a source for 1 1/4 inch baseballs, with one of them "chopped"? Thank you, Pattrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I did a google search, chop cup baseballs.

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/baseballs-chop-cup-1-5/

Dave
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Dave, Thank you for the tip.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I received my new very nice chop baseball set, but alas the magnets are not strong enough and takes FOREVER for them to attract in the cup. I’ve tried different cups I have with no luck. Although the routine will work with the knitted adjustable ball I use the flow of the routine with baseballs growing just makes more sense. Do chop cups come with different strength magnets or a way to move the magnet in the ball?
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I don't use the chopped baseballs, but I do have a set of regular baseballs by Leo Smetsers and they are awesome. Maybe try those.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......leather/
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Pattrick:

Hang in there.........there's a good chance that SOMEWHERE out there is a Chop Cup Baseball with the right "innards" to work great with your particular "strength" of Chop Cup.

If not, don't despair, because there are some magicians here on The Magic Café whom, I believe, can help you or at least help steer you in the right directions.....You May want to consider looking them up and PM'ing Them....one is Frank Starsinic who owns THE AMBITIOUS Card.....they have GREAT STUFF For Cups'n'Balls and Chop Cup workers, as does Donnie Buckley (sp?) who Owns Rings 'n' Things II, and who stocks (or at least did stock) adjustable-strength Chop Cup Balls, although I'm not so sure that they would be available as chopped, adjustable baseballs.

Having said that, personally, to me at least" it's the "feel and/or force of the DISCHARGE of the chop ball" that's critical to your movements and timing in your routine, so, IF the load baseballs for any reason, don't cut and run YET, that is if your're absolutely SET on using baseballs, and that could be "PLAN B", which is a non-gimmicked cup using our old friend, the Magnetic Ring that You're wearing....

I'm confidant that you'll figure it out.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Thanks Rainbo Guy !!
miltos
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of miltos
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Pattrick, I sent you a pm to try.
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Pattrick, which chop cup do you have?

It's interesting, Michael Ammar took over on the Mike Rogers baseballs, but never did a chopped one, and production has been spotty but mostly non-existent, as they try to find a good craftsman to make the balls.

I have the Leo Smetsers chopped set, works well for my chop cup, but there's of course so much variance.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello Patttick,

I have a set of Leo Smesters and like them. Only problem is I cant use them. They work fine in my full size Don Allen but wont orient themselves right in my Mini, Micro, or Alterego. They either don't have the strength or aren't able to orient due to size. I would love to find a set of baseballs to fit my Mini Don Allen.
jdub
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jdub
Your request was over a year ago, but anyone interested should check these out:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/461812354/l......_click=1
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The Smetsers black final load balls have disappeared from the market. Nobody has it anymore. Out of stock everywhere. Yet the chopped baseballs in this color are still available.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2020, jdub wrote:
Your request was over a year ago, but anyone interested should check these out:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/461812354/l......_click=1

VERY COOL, THANK YOU! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
I find the chopped TCC baseball works very well with a Bazar De Magia chop cup.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I highly suggest atrix leather
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Baseballs (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL