The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Where can I buy a good WATCH WINDER? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I misplaced my old loud German watch winder somewhere in my numerous props and tried finding an online shop where I can buy good ones. The only ones I could find where cheap ones which do not produce the noise I want. Does anyone know where I can buy the good ones? Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I like my Abbott's.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Does anyone have an Abbott's 'Watch Winder Deluxe' they would like to sell?
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Pardon the bump. I'm still looking for an Abbott's 'Watch Winder Deluxe'. I have an old tin watch winder somewhere, but it's not loud enough. The ones that Abbott's used to sell had a nice loud ratcheting sound.
Thanks for looking... in that old box of tricks for your Watch Winder.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Don't really know what your looking for - if its a 'clack clack clack'sound your looking for - how about the Birthday / New Years noise maker when turned or you swing it round, it has a LOUD 'clack-clack-clack'
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Found! This is a fantastic watch winder. The 'Windy Winder'. It's loud enough for me to use on stage. I'm not kidding, this is a solid, real-world working prop.
See the demo;
https://www.facebook.com/Windy-Winder-104718828343998
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
Thanks for the video it's great
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
I've been enjoying it a lot. The Windy Winder has a good hand-feel. It’s the width of a half dollar, and the edge and corners are nicely rounded. It has a nice weight and nestles into the hand well. The ratchet is in the perfect sweet spot for the thumb, and you can push or pull.
It has an eyelet for a pull, reel, or keychain and attaches to magnets. Again, it's really loud.
The October 2021 issue of Genii has a great review of it.
Any real working magician or Clown will appreciate it being a real-world working prop. Once it’s in your hand you feel the quality.
I doubt anyone will ever make them this well again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Where can I buy a good WATCH WINDER? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL