The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Selling: Negronomicon by Masklyn Ye Mage (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
Hello all.

Since we've been fighting my daughters horrible brain cancer over the past almost three years, I am now in need ot selling off some of my more priced possessions.

I have #167 of Masklyn Ye Mage's Negronomicon. It's been stored in a dark cabinet in a smoke free home, and rarely been opened.
The lock is said to be original and the book is in very good condition.

As it is a hand made book, as you no doubt know, there are some signs of that in the binding, where the paper was not pressed down hard enough when the book was originally made, so the white cover pages inside the hard cover is a bit wavy, but this is not due to moisture, it is due to glue used and techniques when the book was originally made.

I have (of course) a lot more pictures and don't mind sharing more pictures.

I gave about $1000 for this, but am willing to take offers.

Thanks,
Micke

Click here to view attached image.
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
703 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I’m so sorry to hear about your daughters cancer, I can’t imagine what you and your family are going through. I think I recall this edition being on the market a long while ago and remember thinking that this book was a rare version of an extremely rare tome. The silver/white cover is the only one I’ve ever seen and I don’t know how many tony made but it could put a different and unique spin on using the negronomicon. My hopes and wishes for you and for your daughter and I hope your tome finds a good home.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3266 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
My thoughts go out to you and your family in the stress of dealing with the cancer your daughter has. As a parent that has dealt with similar issues I understand your concern and will be remembering you in the days ahead. My prayers are that recovery lies shortly ahead and that you will have strength.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I checked the books/lecture notes for sale section and didn’t see this listed - did it sell already? If not you might consider listing it there. I saw a nice copy, number 214 in black alligator skin, for sale on the big auction site for $800. That negronomicon has been sitting for a couple months so I don’t know if the price is right yet - but like I said, yours appears to be very unique. Best of luck to you!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Did you ever find a buyer for this rare treasure?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Selling: Negronomicon by Masklyn Ye Mage (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL