We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vegan Hypocrisy - Killing Mosquitoes and Flies (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Nit picking is claiming I use Chicago Steak Spice on my Porterhouse to make it taste like a vegetable.
Come on now...

You season you meat with vegetables.

I do not season my vegetables with meat.

Salt is not an animal product, your entire point is false.

-JoeJoe

I will sometimes rub it with garlic, yes. But salt is not a vegetable. You said it yourself. Stop being silly please.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
You also wrote that a pear is too big for squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons. Clearly, you intended that to mean that animals should be eating fruit of a size that was designed for them to eat.

In general, animals do eat food that was designed for them to eat. Birds eat my grapes, raspberries, and blackberries ... but I've never had a bird eat my peaches.

I'm sure if a bird was hungry enough it would figure out a way to do so ... just like man figured out how to eat meat when he had to.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
I will sometimes rub it with garlic, yes. But salt is not a vegetable. You said it yourself. Stop being silly please.

I never said salt was a vegetable - I listed it as a ingredient in chicago steak seasoning, nowhere did I (or anyone else) proclaim chicago steak seasoning as having nothing but vegetables in it.

You put salt on your meat, how does that make you carnivorous?? I put salt on my vegetables, why am I not a vegan for doing so??

Do you actually have a point to make, or just posting nonsense so no real conversation gets to happen here?? Smile

-JoeJoe
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
You also wrote that a pear is too big for squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons. Clearly, you intended that to mean that animals should be eating fruit of a size that was designed for them to eat.

In general, animals do eat food that was designed for them to eat. Birds eat my grapes, raspberries, and blackberries ... but I've never had a bird eat my peaches.

I'm sure if a bird was hungry enough it would figure out a way to do so ... just like man figured out how to eat meat when he had to.

-JoeJoe

" Man figured out how to eat meat when he had to. "
I don't know that he figured it out, but his omnivorous biological make-up certainly allowed him to exploit opportunities for survival. This nature made him adaptable.
As Charles Darwin wrote, it isn't the most intelligent creature that survives, but the most adaptable.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:

I never said salt was a vegetable - I listed it as a ingredient in chicago steak seasoning, nowhere did I (or anyone else) proclaim chicago steak seasoning as having nothing but vegetables in it.

You put salt on your meat, how does that make you carnivorous?? I put salt on my vegetables, why am I not a vegan for doing so??

Do you actually have a point to make, or just posting nonsense so no real conversation gets to happen here?? Smile

-JoeJoe

I never once said, nor implied that salting your veggies made you a non- vegan. Not once. Please stop this.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Just trying to figure out what your point is ... you don't seem to have one.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20338 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Far and away THE most hilariously ironic post ever!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
260 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
This clip keeps springing to mind...

Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20338 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea that about sums up every conversation I have ever had with JoeJoe.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
It's a fun topic, partly because I enjoy the subject matter, and partly for its sheer...lunacy? Lack of understanding? Ridiculousness? Conviction based on misinformation and propaganda? I don't know. I'm trying not to be mean here because Joe Joe is at least civil and respectful and seems like a decent human being. But man is he misinformed. It's almost unbelievable in today's information age.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Joe Joe, my friend, have you ever researched the diet and nutrition of the Inuit Peoples of northern Canada?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20338 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Of course not. They hide that information in books.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Cartoonist
View Profile
New user
Japan
11 Posts

Profile of Cartoonist
Thank you Mike, I'm addicted to that clip, Wimp Lo - classic. The next time I'm speaking Mandarin with some colleagues, I'll use that moniker and see what their reaction is.
The Chinese, like the Americans, generally have a wonderful sense of humor.

I'm almost positive JoeJoe is a great person. For the sake of completeness, I'll thank him here again for the fourth (4th) time for helping to feed the homeless.

Many wonderful people are simply confused or misguided, but without a doubt, the world is a much, much better place with people like JoeJoe here.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Of course not. They hide that information in books.

Books ... do they even print them anymore?? My niece came home from school and she didn't have any books ... they gave her a tablet that has all of her books on it.

Perhaps the information in your books is now outdated and replaced with more accurate information now available in this information age?

The information in your books is outdated, I doubt any of the textbooks you read in school are still in print and if they are I'm sure they have been updated and modified. Maybe you should try reading the "news" sometime?? You know - get up-to-date information. As in, the links I keep posting that you refuse to even look at.

Fact: Papa John's sold out of "vegan cheese" on their first day
https://www.livekindly.co/papa-johns-sel......rst-day/

Their vegan pizza was so successful that have added another option to their menu
https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/papa......ByBs1EIM

Burger King has sold a vegan hamburger for years (two different ones actually) and now they are turning their flagship product into a vegan one, and the article points out so have Carl's Jr and White Castle:
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/......sed-meat

Dunkin Donuts CEO assures people "vegan options are on the way":
https://vegnews.com/2018/7/dunkin-donuts......-the-way

Dairy Milk sales drop over one billion dollars last year alone:
https://raisevegan.com/dairy-milk-sales-......r-alone/

This is all happening for a reason ... people want vegan food. The more people that try it, the more they want it.

Right now the problem is supply side, there is just not enough vegan food to meet the demand. Europe is where most the vegan action is, as supply lines improve it will grow. Dairy farmers are replacing their pastures with almond groves, and once those almond groves start producing the prices will drop and even more people will go vegan!!

The world is just so exciting to me right now, we are on the verge of a huge change for the better. Smile

-JoeJoe
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6588 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I wont comment on your book/tablet comments because I cannot fathom how utterly ridiculous they are.
However I will ask you for the third time, why do vegans want their veggies to look, feel, and taste like meat and dairy products listed above?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, JoeJoe wrote:
This is all happening for a reason ... people want vegan food.

Some people want it.

Not all people want it.

Which, once again, is why your initial premise is wrong.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
221 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
As I mentioned earlier, I'm just going vegan for one week (don't plan on doing it permanently, but you never know). And I can attest to two things:

1. Finding vegan options & variety is currently difficult...even at Whole Foods. (Although from what restaurants are developing--including one of my current restaurant chain clients--I sense what JoeJoe is saying: a change is gonna come.)

2. The Chili Tofu Stir Fry that Mrs. Wolfgang prepared was surprisingly delicious.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled slapfight.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, magicfish wrote:
I will ask you for the third time, why do vegans want their veggies to look, feel, and taste like meat and dairy products listed above?

I already told you ... we don't ... we want them to taste BETTER than your products. Smile

A "black bean burger" does not taste like hamburger, nor does a mushroom burger tastes like a hamburger or a black bean burger. Every box of vegan meat you see in the frozen food department has it's own unique taste flavor and feel ... opening a wide variety of amazing foods!!

If I suggested to you that we should only sell coca-cola, and that there should be no other flavor of soft drink you'd think I was nuts ... yet, that is EXACTLY what you advocate ... that everyone drink one milk and only one milk and no other milk.

Almond milk does not taste like cow milk, and soy milk does not taste like almond milk, and rice milk does not taste like almond or soy milk ... each has it's own unique flavor to enjoy.

I'm not interested in drinking cow milk, it is nasty ... and there are many better tasting and healthier options now available.

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20338 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So information in "books" is outdated?

Naturally JoeJoe this means that eventually YOUR information that you are putting out will some day be obsolete as well is this right?

My lord it is like talking to a small child.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, magicfish wrote:
However I will ask you for the third time, why do vegans want their veggies to look, feel, and taste like meat and dairy products listed above?

I have to agree with JoeJoe on this one: manufacturers who make all of the faux meat and faux dairy vegan products aren't preaching to the choir; they're proselytizing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vegan Hypocrisy - Killing Mosquitoes and Flies (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL