The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Svengali Pro Red by Invictus Magic (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Suit&Tie Magic kicks off their world-wide product debut by perfecting a classic in card magic! Presenting the Sven Pro! The gimmicked deck like you've never seen it before!

It's difficult to reinvent a classic--especially one as solid as the Svengali deck--but teaming up with Invictus Magic, Suit&Tie has done it! Delivering the world's smallest cut (to date) in this type of deck!

Expertly crafted with the working magician in mind, these cards are precision-cut to bring magicians the Svengali deck the way it was meant to be made.

Suitable for beginners and professionals alike, these decks boast the best handling on the market!

And did we mention that they handle sideways, too?!

Includes:

- Professional-grade Svengali deck
- Full step-by-step, detailed instructions, with everything you need to know, from the very basic handlings to advanced routines

• Mind Reading Effect
  • Prediction Effect
  • Card to Impossible Location
  • Ambitious Card with Variations
  • Acaan
  • Svenwich
  • Finger Tip Change (Our Favorite)

More information:
Red version - https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63254
Blue version - https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63255
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Eesh... $20 for an SD? Even with the routines taught it's a bit steep. Still, at least they're being honest that it's an SD... what was that one trick I saw on Penguin recently being sold as a revolutionary new forcing deck, and it turned out to be just an SD for $30? Ah yes, Pure Miracle by Mago Larry, that's the one, and it only teaches one "trick": http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S25552
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
758 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, Topcliffe wrote:
...what was that one trick I saw on Penguin recently being sold as a revolutionary new forcing deck, and it turned out to be just an SD for $30? Ah yes, Pure Miracle by Mago Larry, that's the one, and it only teaches one "trick": http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S25552

Down now to $23.10. Gotta scoop a few up at that price!
Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4148 Posts

Profile of videoman
I wasn’t aware that the magic world had been hoping and waiting for a better Svengali deck. Seriously this seems more like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

I’d be worried that a smaller cut might cause the deck to perform less reliably, especially when having a spectator cut the deck. I’m pretty happy with the ones I have. Although I do like the sideways action.

But if it gets great reviews and actual users can make a good case as to why this deck is a worthwhile investment, then I may consider picking one up.
Also, for a real “PRO” version I think they should have made it possible to choose your force card.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7396 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, videoman wrote:
I wasn’t aware that the magic world had been hoping and waiting for a better Svengali deck. Seriously this seems more like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

I’d be worried that a smaller cut might cause the deck to perform less reliably, especially when having a spectator cut the deck. I’m pretty happy with the ones I have. Although I do like the sideways action.

But if it gets great reviews and actual users can make a good case as to why this deck is a worthwhile investment, then I may consider picking one up.
Also, for a real “PRO” version I think they should have made it possible to choose your force card.

My thoughts exactly.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
206 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2019, videoman wrote:

They already have a better Svengali deck. It's called the Mirage deck. Smile And you can get it for like $5.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10459 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I started with the Marshall Brodien TV Magic Cards.

Since the incredibly talented Marshall passed on a few weeks ago, lets harken back to those simple days of the early 70's when "most magic tricks are easy...once you know the secret!" https://youtu.be/ihN1JLsrVe8?t=5
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2984 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow. If someone’s willing to pay that much for a Svengali, it might be worth it to invest in a card trimmer.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

Since the incredibly talented Marshall passed on a few weeks ago, lets harken back to those simple days of the early 70's when "most magic tricks are easy...once you know the secret!" https://youtu.be/ihN1JLsrVe8?t=5

Man, that commercial really makes me miss 70s TV.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2573 Posts

Profile of tophatter
AWESOME !!
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Tracy, Minnesota
51 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
I like to have a SD or Mirage deck with me, for times when I’m not really planning to show something but can instantly perform a strong one-time effect... but I’m not sure I see what else this deck really will do for me? I’ve never had the cut length be an issue before...
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Does that ad copy mean that they are trimmed on both axes? Because that could be convenient.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Does that ad copy mean that they are trimmed on both axes? Because that could be convenient.

I will never understand why they're not as standard (L-shaped I mean)... I always do it to photos and card stock...
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
758 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

Ah, the good old days, when you could blatantly expose a trick on television without having to hide behind a "Masked Magician" disguise!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1886 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Yep - trimmed on both axis - and you can even corner dribble them (and it's only $20) plus comes with a full video tutorial with 6 effects

NO more worry about riffle shuffling and disturbing the order or having a spectator cut it the "wrong way."

my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyIAHLQ5uZU
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Svengali Pro Red by Invictus Magic (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL