The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICB by Yvan Garmy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1510 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It looks soooooo clean.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11612

"The best card-to-box I've ever seen!" -Jeff McBride

"I thought there was a gimmick!" -Nicholas Lawrence

Make any signed playing card vanishes and reappear folded inside any borrowed card box.

The card box is shown to be empty. It never leaves your spectators sight. And yet, whenever you want, you can show that a playing card has appeared inside of it. The spectator can then remove the playing card themselves and examine everything!

ICB will easily become your go-to trick! It's an impossible miracle that can be performed with any borrowed card box!
- No set up required
- No slits in the card box
- No duplicate cards
- No alteration made to the card box

The trick can easily be added to any of your existing signed card routines. It’s the perfect trick for table hopping or a walk around environment.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
712 Posts

Profile of dduane
I know they can only show the spectators point of view. The m** **d is edited out, so it's hard to see just how clean this is. For the price it might be worth the gamble. I do a card to box that I love (a la Jeff Kaylor), but it's good to have an alternate version.

Anyone have this?

Dennis
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have something very similar that I published in my lecture notes in 2012. Although I doubt I was the first one to come up with it either. Smile But this looks really nice! Elegant handling.
Jeremie Leroi
View Profile
Regular user
Paris, France
107 Posts

Profile of Jeremie Leroi
Yes, my first reaction was that this looked a lot like Cameron’s move. If I’m not mistaken, « I thought there was a gimmick! » was also Greg Wilson’s reaction when Cameron demonstrated it during his At The Table lecture...

But you’re a great sport Cameron, hats off to you! And I remember that all the material was excellent in those 2012 lecture notes!

Anyway, I already perform wayyyyy too many folded cards to impossible location (including Cameron’s) so I won’t bother with this one but, in all fairness, it does look excellent.

J.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Just downloaded - perfect! Yep, looks great. Simple and effective. I'll use this.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1193 Posts

Profile of Jared
This is fantastic! What a great method to add to your arsenal...No gaffs just pure subtlety and also very easy to execute.
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Is the card vanish also included?
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Ok I see a ditch to the bottom?
So in the Trailer its not the same card...
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, chrisgali wrote:
Ok I see a ditch to the bottom?
So in the Trailer its not the same card...

Tbh Chris, all I'm bothered about is - can I use this as part of my close-up set. The answer is yes because;

The card box is ungimmicked so can be freely examined
It's pretty much angle proof
It's simple to perform
The spectator removes the card themselves
Instant reset as there's nothing to reset!

So if you are looking for a practical card to card-box method, this is excellent.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2842 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just got this.. I agree, excellent technique. There is also a vanish of the folded card taught actually putting it into the box as well. Very convincing. I see using "Paperclipped" as an ending in this particular scenario. ( or other revelation) I'm pleased with this fwiw
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Preisman
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Preisman
Just got this. Love it. Nice handling. Decent angles. Not very difficult. Planning to spend some time on it. Not familiar with Cameron's card to box, so I can't comment about potential similarity - but Cameron's other products are first class.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't own this download so I can't comment on the handling. Based on the trailer, it looks very smooth. From what I can tell, Yvna's handling differs a little from mine. Angles are pretty much a non-issue for me (I perform it at chest level so people can be seated behind me and won't see anything).
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13905 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've been working on this, and it's not all that difficult to get it smooth. Dry hands are not an asset, though, for the effect. I think it's pretty deceptive if done well, but I haven't tried it out on real people, yet.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICB by Yvan Garmy (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL