The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for two-piece wooden wand, no visible metal parts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Has anyone run across a two-piece wand that screws together in such a way that it looks seamless? In other words, no brass joint (or other metal) showing in the middle. I have a pool cue like this (often called a Sneaky Pete, a well-made cue made to look like a cheap stick you'd find in a pool hall). Seems like Howard Hale might have made a wand like this once upon a time, but my memory is fuzzy, and he no longer makes wands. Anyone else making these now?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1986 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
There are some Joe Porper wands for sale, also Mike K. and Brett Sherwood offer some beautiful break down wands as sell.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Good ideas, Jake, although my favorite find from my brief internet search was one made by Thomas Wayne called the Malone Wand. But I haven't heard Thomas Wayne mentioned in years, and assume he's focused on his custom pool cue business now.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The Kaminskas wands are beautiful and worth obtaining from Mike, but they don't break down into two pieces. The Porper/Jenkins team are getting closer to releasing their wands again but still not available. The Thomas Wayne Malone wand was a limited release and impossible to find unless you can get an owner to sell it.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1986 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Every now and then RNT2 has some very nice and affordable break down wands. They usually sell out as soon as they're restocked. I apologize for the mis-information on the Kaminskas wands.
My father had a Malone wand that was passed onto me. I have 3 Brett Sherwood wands and they are perfect in every way.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Absolutely Jake--The two piece Sherwood, Hidden Wren, and Rings n Things wands are all beautiful and worth getting. The Malone wand is also beautiful and worth getting if you can find it.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I had Joe Porper make a hand-inlaid two-part, brass hinged-insert, Cherrywood and Ebony-Tipped Wand for me and it's just beautiful.

I guess if You're one of the World's Best Hand-Made Pool Cue Makers, wands "ain't that big a deal"...........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for two-piece wooden wand, no visible metal parts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL